Limerick FC the 4th - This is Not A Joke

Limerick

View attachment 301797

June 2016

Munster Senior Cup Final V Cork City

View attachment 301796

We were the comeback Kings! As we were 2-0 down with less than 15 minutes to go before taking it to extra time with 2 late goals before coming from behind in extra time too where we then went on to win it on penalties

2 Cup Wins Already This Season

View attachment 301795

We Draw Videoton in the Champions League Second Qualifying rnd

View attachment 301794

June Results

View attachment 301793

So after the Cup Victory we then beat Bohemians to make the League Cup Semi Final before winning our only league game of the month against St Pat's

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 301792

2 points behind of Sligo Rovers as we go just past the halfway mark in the league season.​

Limerick

View attachment 301789

July 2016

First off i signed two new players in the shape of GK Barry Murphy and ST Connor Ellis who are useful additions with McSweeney not up to much upfront at the moment and my number 1 keeper getting injured a lot.

Champions League Second Qualifying Rnd V Videoton

View attachment 301788View attachment 301787

So it was a bore draw at Limerick but it didnt matter as we had already beat them 2-0 away from home with Doherty in top form.

Record Attendance and Gate Receipt High Broken

View attachment 301786

Limerick Draw M.Tel Aviv In Champions League 3rd Qualifying rnd

View attachment 301785

1st Leg V M.Tel Aviv

View attachment 301784

We win 1-0 at home thanks to a McSweeney goal and it was nice to see so many of my youngsters doing well.

Record Attendance and Gate Receipt High Broken Again

View attachment 301783

July Results

View attachment 301782

So along with our European exploits we won 4 league games before ending the month with an unluckly loss to Shamrock Rovers.

View attachment 301781

Sligo Rovers have had a bit of a slump as they lost to Dundalk before drawing 3 other league games this month, leaving us 1 point clear at the top with 2 games in hand.​

Brilliant read this mate, looking forward to reading more!! Some great signings aswell.

Brilliant display in Europe. are you guaranteed a europa league spot after reaching the champions league playoffs?
Im not 100% sure but i think it means if i lose i will go into the Europa League but i dont want to do that, only got get past Tel Aviv and someone else.
Brilliant read this mate, looking forward to reading more!! Some great signings aswell.
Thanks mate loving being back at Limerick so its not stop playing the save

Good showing in Europe! Looks like another title win could be on the cards if you keep up your league form too!!

Good showing in Europe! Looks like another title win could be on the cards if you keep up your league form too!!
Thanks mate, and the best thing of all in Europe we have really had a go at teams in previous saves ive had to play park the bus kind of football to get a result in the first few seasons

Limerick

View attachment 301212

August 2016

Champions League 3rd Qualifying rnd 2nd leg

View attachment 301211

What a result on the night and over two legs with Captain Gaffney in fine form as we fly into the Champions League Playoffs.

Champions League Playoffs Draw

View attachment 301210

Champions League Playoffs V Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 301209View attachment 301208

We didnt do too bad in Croatia only losing 3-2 but back at Limerick we were comfortably beaten.

Limerick Out Of Champions League

View attachment 301207

Oh Yes The Moolah!

View attachment 301206

We were in 500k of debt now were mega rich!

View attachment 301205

Another £1Million plus for making the Europa League Group Stages

View attachment 301204View attachment 301203

August Results

View attachment 301202

So along with the European exploits we have made the League Cup Final and the next round of the Senior Challenge Cup whilst we started the month with a bore draw against Dundalk before then drawing against Shelbourne. We did manage to beat UCD at the end of the month in the league though.

View attachment 301201

So with all the European games the fixtures are starting to mount up and were just a point behind Sligo Rovers but have 2 games in hand.

I remember almost screaming when I got 7 million pounds after making the CL group stages with Linfield...

I remember almost screaming when I got 7 million pounds after making the CL group stages with Linfield...
I know man, been worried about my debt for best part of 3 seasons and then all of a sudden im rolling in the dough!

Limerick

View attachment 300762

September 2016

A couple more decent additions to the side from another good youth intake

View attachment 300761View attachment 300760

League Cup Final

View attachment 300759

Another trophy as we comfortably go 3-0 up before Shelbourne get their act together late on and get a couple of goals back.

10th In The Irish Hall of Fame

View attachment 300758

September Results

View attachment 300756

So we started the month with a good win in the Cup before winning all 4 of our league games this month, We won the League Cup too but it wasnt very good news in the Europa League as we lost both of our games in the group stages due to hectic game schedules.

View attachment 300749

2 points clear and 2 games in hand whilst we also play Sligo Rovers in our second to last game of the league season.​

Limerick

View attachment 300687

October 2016

October Results

View attachment 300686

So we started the month with a shocking loss in the cup to a lower league side before having a dodgy final month of the season in the league with 3 wins and 2 losses but we did beat main rivals Sligo Rovers so was it enough.

Limerick Clinch Title With Win Against Sligo Rovers

View attachment 300684

Irish Premier League Champions Again

View attachment 300683

View attachment 300682

So not only did we win the league comfortably in the end we knocked Sligo Rovers back into 3rd place with Dundalk pipping them to second place.

Should be able to invest some decent money into the club now with that money from Europe. Gonna be a while before your'll be competing in the groups though barring a kind draw!! KIU man

Limerick

View attachment 300664

End Of Season - Dec 2016

Squad In Order Of Most Apps

View attachment 300663

Top Goalscorer - Rory Gaffney - 21 Goals

View attachment 300662

My Player of the Season - Lee Lynch

View attachment 300661

My Young Player of the Season - Jack Doherty

View attachment 300660

Lynch Wins League Player of the Year

View attachment 300658

Doherty Wins Young Player of the Year

View attachment 300657

Barry Murphy Wins GK of the Year

View attachment 300656

Lynch Wins Irish League of Ireland Player of the Year

View attachment 300654

5 Limerick Players In Team of the Season

View attachment 300652

Limerick Best Eleven

View attachment 300650

Should be able to invest some decent money into the club now with that money from Europe. Gonna be a while before your'll be competing in the groups though barring a kind draw!! KIU man
Yeah i reckon so, my big problem now is getting too attached to my young players and not wanting to replace them! Only a few more years and we will be winning the Groups

Limerick

View attachment 300447

January 2017 - Pre - Season

Scouting Upgrade

View attachment 300446

Youth Facilities Cost All The Monies

View attachment 300437

Season Expectations

View attachment 300436

So the board want us to win the league this year and we have been given a lot of money to do it, i just dont see myself spending that sort of money, Doherty and Folan have just broken the £1000 a week barrier but i didnt want to offer those sorts of wages to new players coming in.
A lot of the players i could bring in where only on a level with what i already have and i dont want to ruin my young players and not play them over a couple of expensive bench warmers.

Players Out

Matthews, Hughes and Traynor are all players i have brought into the club in recent seasons but due to lack of game time refused new contracts and i wasnt too bothered, the only player im sad to see go is Casserly but to be fair i rarely played him either.

Players In

View attachment 300434View attachment 300433

So i picked up McCormack to play in one of our midfield trio in a rotation role but im a couple months into the season and hes slotted nicely into the RB role of our team.
The other player McCrory is a mile ahead of all of my other LB's and was picked up on a free transfer from England.

Starting 11 and Tactic For New Season

View attachment 300428

I just got through to the group stages with my welsh side and conceded 33 goals! Think a bit of work is needed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got through to the group stages with my welsh side and conceded 33 goals! Think a bit of work is needed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch! I literally park the bus and see how it goes on the counter attack

Limerick

View attachment 300269

Feb/March 2017

Irish League Odds

View attachment 300268

Finally after back to back title wins the Bookies believe we will be title contenders with Dundalk seen as the slight favorites to take our title.

Season Tickets Soar Again

View attachment 300267

Feb/March Results

View attachment 300266

Not a bad start to the new season as we progress in the Munster Senior Cup, beat Glentoran in the All Ireland Cup and win 5 of our opening 6 league matches as we only drop points to our rivals Sligo Rovers.

View attachment 300263

Im determined to dominate this season with the squad now how i want it i dont expect to drop from top spot for the rest of the season.​