Limerick FC - This is Not a Joke!

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 501
  • Views Views 120K
Right no updates tonight as its my One Year Wedding Anniversary and some things are more important than Football Manager (Yeah thats right, I didnt know either) apparently
hahahahahah man,enjoy your evening

Oh and when i most recently played the save every time i went to a match it said xml parsing error and wont let me go any further and does the same when i play any of my saves or a new game, Help! This was going to be my last save til fm14

Limerick FC

View attachment 469081

Champions League Playoffs 2020

David *** Gets First Ireland Cap!!!

View attachment 469052

So thats 3 Limerick Youth Academy products with Ireland Caps.

Partizan - Home

View attachment 469051

Our young German striker gets our goal for us and plays well with *** missing due to injury.

Partizan - Away

View attachment 469050

Despite the sending off we manage to win the tie on away goals with our German striker scoring again showing he has what it takes to fill ***'s boots.

£7.5million for Making Champions League Groups

View attachment 469049

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 469048

Chelsea, Dortmund and Ajax as we get another tough group and face Dortmund again. Chelsea have won the Europa League in 2015, Runners up in the Champs lge in 217 and have won a few FA Cups and Premier Leagues. Dortmund have won the German Cup once in 2017, and Ajax have just won the Dutch Treble with the Super Cup, League and Cup.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 469047

August 2020 - Domestic

42 Games Unbeaten in All Competitions

View attachment 469046

August Fixtures

View attachment 469045

Too many draws for my liking but the young German has definitely settled in well bagging a few goals with *** out injured.

Premier Division Table

View attachment 469036

10 points clear with a game in hand as Shamrock have been able to keep the pace and the unbeaten league season is still on the cards.

Player Stats

View attachment 469034

Leon Best is still getting the goals for Shamrock Rovers in his 3rd season with the club​

Limerick FC

View attachment 468808

September 2020

Champions League Odds - 5000 - 1

View attachment 468807

Ajax - Home

View attachment 468806

We did it! I have achieved one of my main goals here winning a Champions League Group game and we did it in style.

League Cup Final V Shamrock Rovers

View attachment 468805

A wondergoal from ageing Glenn Whelan wins us our 3rd trophy of the year and helps us clinch the double for this season.

Double

View attachment 468804

Chelsea Beat Us

View attachment 468803

September Fixtures

View attachment 468802

Still undefeated in the league with 5 games to go.

Qualified for Champions League

View attachment 468801

Which Can Only Mean One Thing

View attachment 468800

We complete the Treble

Premier Division Table

View attachment 468799

There it is 14 points clear with a game in hand over second placed Shamrock Rovers.

Player Stats

View attachment 468798

Limerick FC

View attachment 468787

October 2020

First off 38 goal David *** has lost his Ireland place to 0 goals Simon ***!!!

View attachment 468784

Close Fought Defeat to Dortmund

View attachment 468783

Senior Challenge Cup Final V Sligo Rovers

View attachment 468777

A comfortable victory as we pick up another trophy to end the domestic season on a massive high.

Quadruple Complete!

View attachment 468776

So we have won all of the domestic competitions this season and have won the Quadruple which doesnt include the All Ireland Cup at the beginning of the year.

October Fixtures

View attachment 468773

Premier Division Table End

View attachment 468772

19 points clear in the end as we romp away with the league as we celebrate our 7th Premier Division Title in a row.

Team Stats

View attachment 468771

The Unbeaten Season

Player Stats

View attachment 468770

*** who has been out of the domestic golden boot picture all season has a good last month and ends up only a goal off the winner.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 468714

End of Domestic Season 2020

I tell you what i completely forgot to get screenshots for the best 3 players and the squad appearances but here are all the domestic awards.

Adam Johnson Wins Irish Premier Division Player of the Year

View attachment 468703

Giles Petit Wins Irish Premier Division Young Player of the Year

View attachment 468698

Terry Ryan Wins Irish Premier Division GK of the Year

View attachment 468697

Giles Petit Wins Irish Personality of the Year

View attachment 468691

I Retain the Manager of the Year

View attachment 468685

8 Players Make Irish Premier Division Team of the Year

View attachment 468684

So Coughlan didnt make it or right midfielder Tom Nangle and the DC position was im guessing because i switched between Goina, Petit and Skvortsov all season but 8 out of 11 isnt bad.

Right up next Champions league group matches

Limerick FC

View attachment 468561

November/December 2020

Dortmund - Away

View attachment 468559

A good draw to pick up away from home against the mighty German side.

Ajax - Away

View attachment 468558

Rzatkowski scored 2 equalizers and has done well with David *** missing the rest of the season and most of the Champions League group stage matches.

Chelsea - Home

View attachment 468551

Chelsea have a good side and the likes of Hazard, Lamela and Leitner are amazing and strangely Chris Smalling is there too.

Heres how the Table Ended up.

View attachment 468549

Im happy with that outcome, 3rd place means we have Europe after Christmas which will push us up the rankings again next season.

Europa League 1st Knockout rnd Draw

View attachment 468548

I think we will struggle against Braga but I will be happy with a good performance.

Limerick FC

View attachment 468492

End of Season 2020

Stadium Bought

View attachment 468491

Start to pay the loan off for the stadium i didnt want to buy!

View attachment 468490

At least they are upgrading the Youth and Training Facilities

View attachment 468488

Leto Colombo Leaving! DOH!

View attachment 468487

Terry Ryan Wins under 21 Ireland Player of the Year

View attachment 468486

Coughlan Wins Ireland Young Player of the Year

View attachment 468485

*** Wins Irish League of Ireland Player of the Year

View attachment 468484

Best Eleven 2020

View attachment 468482

*** still smashed all the goals in but it helped that 5 other players got into double figures including CB Goina and young German striker Rzatkowski.

Best Eleven Ever (9 Seasons)

View attachment 468481

Glenn Whelan is the only new addition to the best Eleven Ever with Coughlan moving up to second in the most appearances since i took over the club. Its strange seeing the back four there as they feel like a lifetime ago that it was those 4 players and the likes of Foley, Purcell and McFaul were key players

Pre Season up next

Love this story mate, think you can make it past Braga with a bit of luck or some magic from ***!

Love this story mate, think you can make it past Braga with a bit of luck or some magic from ***!
Hopefully we missed him in the group stages but i may change the tactic for the new season to try and get some more goals, thanks for reading. Just starting my 10th season in charge and im still keen on the save

Limerick FC

View attachment 468462

Transfer Window - January 2021

Season Expectations

View attachment 468461

So i dont plan on buying anyone for money again as i think i can get by on a few free transfers, Only 4 players left 2 on loan and Islam Feruz left on a free and Colombo had his release clause activated and left for £230k.

Here is who i brought in

Kader Diedhou CM

View attachment 468460

So he will slot in to Colombo's place and has a lot of potential and will get plenty of game time to reach it.

Fanouris Astras AMR/ST

View attachment 468458

I brought him in as a reserve striker as i plan on playing 2 strikers next season and letting Coughlan move back and take over at CM so need extra cover.

Andre Couto - GK

View attachment 468457

He has been brought in as a backup but could well come into the first team with a lot of clubs unsettling current number 1 Terry Ryan

Samir Nasri AMRLC

View attachment 468448

Got to have my Token Golden Oldie.

Also i picked up these 3 youth players on frees.

View attachment 468445View attachment 468444View attachment 468443

19 Players on International Duty!

View attachment 468441

This was before Sesterhenn came in too, We are going German as we now have 6 players in the German Under 21's!​

Great story so far, thanks for all the updates. Quick question though, how does the game handle the group stage games after the end of the season? Do the players go on break but come back for the games, or do they just not go on holiday? My first and only save is with Salthill Devon and we just managed to beat Rangers in the Europa playoff to get to the group stage, so wondering what will happen with that. Cheers!

Great story so far, thanks for all the updates. Quick question though, how does the game handle the group stage games after the end of the season? Do the players go on break but come back for the games, or do they just not go on holiday? My first and only save is with Salthill Devon and we just managed to beat Rangers in the Europa playoff to get to the group stage, so wondering what will happen with that. Cheers!
Thanks mate im really enjoying it, in all my previous stories i wrote out the results and it got too time consuming compared to this way which has allowed me to play the game and smash out the updated. Yeah the domestic season would end at the beginning of october but does go on a bit now because of our european commitments it drags on anyway, the squad dont go on holiday until after the last game of the group stages for me, i sometimes have a friendly to keep the squad fresh if its going to be 3 weeks inbetween the group games and then pre season of the next season is cut short by the knockout stages. hope it helps

Haha Nasri is not even worth 1M ( I'm an arsenal fan so I don't like him).

Limerick FC

View attachment 468229

Europa League 1st Knockout rnd 2021

Braga - Home

View attachment 468228

We did well to bring the defiecit down after they smashed in 3 goals in just over 20 minutes but i can see already this will be too much for us.

Braga - Away

View attachment 468227

We just couldnt put the ball in the back of the net! After this game i decided to try a simple 4-4-2 with the two wingers further up the pitch.

Carpentier out for 2 Months

View attachment 468225

Bastou fined again as he looks more and more likely to leave with clubs getting closer to his release clause which he wont change for a new deal.

View attachment 468224

Feb Fixtures

View attachment 468223

We start the Domestic season well with youngster Nabikoglo get a brace in his new role upfront before getting injured for 4 months in the same match!

View attachment 468221

Back