Limerick FC

View attachment 467104

October 2021

We Retain the Irish Premier Division at the start of the month to complete the Treble

View attachment 467103

Which was very lucky as we hit 6 games in 10 days and ****** have most of the first team missing due to International duty!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 467102

Smash and Grab as the Big Guns Come Back for the Zenit match!!!

View attachment 467101

Senior Challenge Cup Final V Shamrock Rovers

View attachment 467100

We smashed Shamrock today after losing to them in the league recently and then struggling to beat them in the other Cup Final.

Complete Quadruple

View attachment 467098

October Fixtures

View attachment 467097

As you can see the likes of Laskowski and Partridge came into the team with all the players away and did really well with Partridge scoring 3 times in a row.

Right up next end of domestic season post​

Limerick FC

View attachment 467096

End of Domestic Season 2021

Premier Division Table End

View attachment 467095

All of those matches too close together hurt our chances of breaking the highest points total of 85.

Team Stats

View attachment 467093

Player Stats

View attachment 467092

New Average Attendance as the fans continue to flock to Limerick FC

View attachment 467091

Tom Nangle Wins Irish Premier Division Player of the Year

View attachment 467090

Terry Ryan Retains Irish Premier Division GK of the Year

View attachment 467089

I Retain Manager of the Year

View attachment 467088

Only 3 Players Make Team of the Year

View attachment 467087

Rest of the Champions League group matches up next.​

Limerick FC

View attachment 467011

November/December 2021 - Europe

Seal a Lucky Win Against Zenit!

View attachment 467010

Oh Yes! Last gasp goal from our Young German Winger Beats Dortmund!

View attachment 467009

Close Loss To Lyon

View attachment 467008

After a brilliant run in form in the Champions League we lose a close match to Lyon but it shows that once the domestic season is over we have the advantage of being fresh.
Dortmund lost to Zenit though which meant that in the first time in our history we have reached the Champions League Knockout stages!!! I never thought i would be able to achieve this at the start of the save!

View attachment 467006

Champions League Group Table

View attachment 467007

Draw for the Knockout Stages

View attachment 467005

So we get Chelsea but im just happy to be here after the Winter break!​

Awesome, and especially in the champions league!
I know man it was one of my main goals in the save to win a champions league group game so to qualify for the knockouts was incredible! Hopefully this will make us 3rd seeds in next years group stages

I know man it was one of my main goals in the save to win a champions league group game so to qualify for the knockouts was incredible! Hopefully this will make us 3rd seeds in next years group stages

Good luck!

Just because im getting ideas for another story sure as **** doesnt mean this one is over! May have played a bit too much of it last night and need to catch up with the story!

Limerick FC

View attachment 466528

End of Season Stats 2021

Limerick Squad in Order of Apps

View attachment 466527

Top Goalscorer - David *** - 41 goals

View attachment 466526

Player of the Year - Dan Goina

View attachment 466525

Has been a rock at the heart of the defence this season taking over from Giles Petit.

Young Player of the Year - Dominik Rzatkowski - 30 Goals

View attachment 466524

What a partnership they made! 71 goals between the two of them! Even the third striker Astras scored 17 goals.

Best Eleven 2021

View attachment 466523

Best Eleven Ever (10 Seasons)

View attachment 466522

The squad has changed a lot in recent years with only 8 current team members in the Best 18 ever, Terry Ryan moves into second place in most games since i took over with Coughlan not playing as much this season due to the tactic switch.

have you managed in every league on this fm great story
Thats the great thing with FM is that i feel i have hardly scratched the surface and the next one is almost out! Ive tried the likes of Croatia, Spain,Ukraine, Russia,Switzerland,France,Germany on long term saves and plenty of different english teams, wish i had played the scottish league a bit, not touched Italy or Holland and havent played more than 3 seasons with a brazilian side,

Limerick FC

View attachment 466520

Pre - Season 2022

Season Expectations

View attachment 466519

So a healthy budget but I don't know about spending it! after 10 years of scrimping at the moment I cant bring myself to pay too much money for anyone.

So the likes of Laskowski, Hayes and Nasri left on free transfers in the winter with none of them near the first team or worth their wages as backups.
Our worse loss was Glenn Whelan retiring as our backup keeper has decided for now to stay on a rolling contract which at least means some compensation money if he does go (around ?800k)

Transfers In
So in the end i brought in 4 players all on free transfers.

Jack Rodwell CM

View attachment 466518

Will slot into the place Whelan left and isnt actually that old at 30 or on a massive contract.

David Duggan CM

View attachment 466517

Always nice to steal a future star from league rivals Sligo Rovers and we didnt have to pay any compo!

Umberto Scarsella CM

View attachment 466516

You may think why all the CM's? Well in tougher matches especially in Europe i plan on bringing back one of the strikers and adding an extra CM and we have in the last year lost our first choice pairing of Whelan and Colombo.

Pereira DRLC

View attachment 466515

Whats not to like about a young Brazilian who can play anywhere across the back?

Finally just liky Agyiri a few years ago Skvortsov cannot get a new work permit so wont be signing a new deal, so will be sold in the next window hopefully before he gets signed up on a bosman!

Champions League Knockout rnds V Chelsea next

Limerick FC

View attachment 466503

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 2022

Chelsea - Home

View attachment 466502

An impressive 0 - 0 draw as we manage to hold of Chelsea for 90 minutes but I cant see that happening at Lampard Arena!!!!

Chelsea - Away

View attachment 466501

So the scoreline wasnt devastating but we practically didn't see the ball throughout the entire match!

Right up next first month domestically

Limerick FC

View attachment 466499

March 2022

More Youth Facility Upgrades

View attachment 466498

Irish Premier Division Odds

View attachment 466497

March Fixtures

View attachment 466496

Despite struggling in the Chelsea games we won 7 in a row Domestically including 5 games in the league.

Premier Division Table

View attachment 466495

Well it didnt take long did it? 2 points clear with a game in hand already.

Player Stats

View attachment 466494

I have been trying to chop and change the side as much as possible this season with fatigue one of our worse problems last year, the media call me Tinkering Tonkin!

I Win Manager of the Month

View attachment 466493

Limerick FC

View attachment 466492

April 2022

Record Attendance Broken At All Ireland Game

View attachment 466491

April Fixtures

View attachment 466490

9 wins in a row this month over various competitions as we didnt even concede in 7 of those matches!!!

Premier Division Table

View attachment 466489

Equal points with second placed Sligo Rovers but have 2 games in hand at the moment, lets just hope they dont all pile up at the end of the season again.

Player Stats

View attachment 466488

Rzatkowski is looking to win the Golden Boot for the first time this year and take over from David *** as our main striker.

Still a great story to follow. Getting to knockout CL is awesome. I've been struggling to get into the CL group stages on my Salthill save, but finally got the board to turn pro (after getting two stadium expansions then a completely new stadium, none of which I asked for.)

The fixture congestion at the end of the season is unbearable sometimes, especially when I stupidly sent out a bunch of youngsters on loan at the beginning of the season that could have helped to fill in gaps. I've since learned what a recall clause is for.

Still a great story to follow. Getting to knockout CL is awesome. I've been struggling to get into the CL group stages on my Salthill save, but finally got the board to turn pro (after getting two stadium expansions then a completely new stadium, none of which I asked for.)

The fixture congestion at the end of the season is unbearable sometimes, especially when I stupidly sent out a bunch of youngsters on loan at the beginning of the season that could have helped to fill in gaps. I've since learned what a recall clause is for.
Thanks man for reading, i know what you mean about fixture congestion especially at the end of last season with 5 games during the internationals! I have a more all round decent squad now and rotate more than i ever have and with the seedings improving it means i have 2 less games this season and next season we go in straight at the group stages with the standings improving again, so thats 6 games less in the Champions League !

Also how are you getting on with your salthill save? Would love to see some screenies? I play them in the League Cup final soon