Also how are you getting on with your salthill save? Would love to see some screenies? I play them in the League Cup final soon

It's been a bit slower than your Limerick successes, but I'm getting up there. My goal for this season (2025) is to make the CL group stage, but barring that I'd like to make it to the EL knockouts. Just turned pro so haven't brought in too many new faces, but have one homegrown that's gotten some international caps.

Limerick got promoted a year or two before me, and are a constant threat at the top of the table. Last season they started with a 6 game win streak, but slowed down mid-season and finished in 3rd I think.

I wish I knew about this site when I started the save, but it'd feel strange to start a story 10+ seasons in. Here's a couple of screen shots because you asked.

View attachment 466421
Team successes

View attachment 466420
Current lineup

View attachment 466419
Star AMC

View attachment 466418
Biggest win so far, beating Rangers in the playoff to get into my first EL group stage.

Anyways, looking forward to your updates here and your other saves are always interesting to follow. Cheers.

It's been a bit slower than your Limerick successes, but I'm getting up there. My goal for this season (2025) is to make the CL group stage, but barring that I'd like to make it to the EL knockouts. Just turned pro so haven't brought in too many new faces, but have one homegrown that's gotten some international caps.

Limerick got promoted a year or two before me, and are a constant threat at the top of the table. Last season they started with a 6 game win streak, but slowed down mid-season and finished in 3rd I think.

I wish I knew about this site when I started the save, but it'd feel strange to start a story 10+ seasons in. Here's a couple of screen shots because you asked.

View attachment 392644
Team successes

View attachment 392645
Current lineup

View attachment 392646
Star AMC

View attachment 392647
Biggest win so far, beating Rangers in the playoff to get into my first EL group stage.

Anyways, looking forward to your updates here and your other saves are always interesting to follow. Cheers.
You have done really well there mate, im guessing the biggest difference was we went professional after around 2 seasons in? Which helps a **** of a lot with fatigue and training the youth and even offering bigger wages and longer contracts. good job on sticking with it are you a Salthill fan?

Limerick FC

View attachment 466407

May 2022

All Ireland Cup Final V Linfield

View attachment 466406

An early goal from defence minded Willian sees us retain the All Ireland Cup against rivals Linfield.

May Fixtures

View attachment 466405

Another perfect month as we win all our matches including 5 in the league with some huge results including a 6-0 and a 7-2. I think you can see the rotation really well this month as 4 strikers scored 4 goals or more!

Premier Division Table

View attachment 466404

I think Sligo Rovers are doing really well to keep up with us at the moment despite the fact we have 3 games in hand they are doing well.

Player Stats

View attachment 466403

I Get Manager of the Month Again

View attachment 466402

Limerick FC

View attachment 466401

June/July - Transfer Window

So this month was a lot busier than i ever expected it to be! As our transfer window opens later than the English leagues it means we sell players and have to wait for our new ones to come in so the window feels almost 2 months long!

First off departures

Terry Ryan Moves To Leeds For ?1.2million

View attachment 466400

He was really starting to annoy me with constantly wanting to leave so i let him, we have Ghabri and Couto to step in or so i thought.

St Etienne Sign Gharbri for ?875k

View attachment 466399

So Ghabri has spent the last 6 months on a rolling contract and literally as soon as we accept an offer for Ryan he decides to leave too,We did receive a nice bit of money for him though.

Skvortsov Leaves for ?500k

View attachment 466398

So i had to sell up as we couldnt get a new work permit for him and risked losing him on a free in the winter.
You all must be thinking hes brought in ?2.5million from transfers and still has ?3million in his transfer budget surely he bought someone for money. . . . .

Nope free transfers galore!

Key Three

Kyle Bartley DC

View attachment 466397

Gaston Roque - CM

View attachment 466396

Landre McKauly ST

View attachment 466395

and the rest . . . .

View attachment 466394View attachment 466393View attachment 466392View attachment 466391

You have done really well there mate, im guessing the biggest difference was we went professional after around 2 seasons in? Which helps a **** of a lot with fatigue and training the youth and even offering bigger wages and longer contracts. good job on sticking with it are you a Salthill fan?

Thanks, it's been fun. Not a Salthill fan, actually from the States and never heard of them before playing FM13. Just wanted to try taking a lower division team up through to continental competitions and the name just sounded interesting.

Limerick FC

View attachment 466254

European Standings 2022

Irish League Moves Up 19 Places

View attachment 466253

Which means next years winners of the League will go straight in at the group stages which is what i have been waiting for! We wont get bogged down with matches around September/October time as well as not having to play 6 games to qualify for the Group Stages we will be able to play Domestic games instead.

View attachment 466252

Limerick FC Move Up 64 Places

View attachment 466251

48th Best Club in Europe

View attachment 466250

Finally *** Scores His First International Goal

View attachment 466249

Limerick FC

View attachment 466248

June 2022

June Fixtures

View attachment 466247

We advance in two cup competitions but suffer our first loss of the season domestically against Longford!!!!

Premier Division Table

View attachment 466246

Equal points with Sligo Rovers but we have 2 games in hand, Sligo are having an amazing run of form this season sticking with us like this.

Player Stats

View attachment 466245

Ive only just noticed Richie Towell is back playing for Dundalk, he was the first player i lost to a Bosman free 6 years ago.​

Thats the great thing with FM is that i feel i have hardly scratched the surface and the next one is almost out! Ive tried the likes of Croatia, Spain,Ukraine, Russia,Switzerland,France,Germany on long term saves and plenty of different english teams, wish i had played the scottish league a bit, not touched Italy or Holland and havent played more than 3 seasons with a brazilian side,

Still time for you to play in Holland what has been the most fun you had with all the clubs you have managed.

Still time for you to play in Holland what has been the most fun you had with all the clubs you have managed.
Not sure mate to be honest, This saves is the most seasons i have done with one club on this years fm. enjoyed winning Trophies with the likes of Dnipro and At Madrid and always love a go as Shakhtar and Dinamo, I guess you always have your go to teams where you have had success in previous games? Like i did 9 seasons with CSKA Moscow after having fun on previous saves with them. I would love to have a go in Holland, I like the idea of being a good team in the second tier like on this save so you have a season of winning and getting used to players before you start to shape the club, Sorry if im rambling!

Not sure mate to be honest, This saves is the most seasons i have done with one club on this years fm. enjoyed winning Trophies with the likes of Dnipro and At Madrid and always love a go as Shakhtar and Dinamo, I guess you always have your go to teams where you have had success in previous games? Like i did 9 seasons with CSKA Moscow after having fun on previous saves with them. I would love to have a go in Holland, I like the idea of being a good team in the second tier like on this save so you have a season of winning and getting used to players before you start to shape the club, Sorry if im rambling!

Will this be your final story then to fm14?

Will this be your final story then to fm14?
Im not sure man, It coud well be, Theres only around 5 weeks til FM 14 so not sure if i could do a long term save building up a team like Boavista who i may go for in FM 14, I may have a go as Ajax before the new FM or Derby County.

Plus my main aim for the save was getting a Youth Intake player and keeping them at the club until they retire, *** has just turned 27 so we have plenty of seasons left!

Limerick FC

View attachment 466051

Champions League 3rd Qualfying rnd 2022

Tough Draw V Tel Aviv

View attachment 466050

Tel Aviv - Home

View attachment 466049

A good win at home as we all but secure our place in the next round

Tel Aviv - Away

View attachment 466048

A bore draw but what is the real killer is 3 out of the back 4 got badly injured! Goina is out for 8 months and both of the full backs will miss at least 3 months each!

View attachment 466047View attachment 466046View attachment 466045

Much Easier Draw in Next rnd

View attachment 466044

Limerick FC

View attachment 466038

Champions League Playoffs 2022

Away - Bosnian Team

View attachment 466037

As per usual we smash all our goals in the first leg and all but secure our place in the Group stages.

Willians out for 2 Months

View attachment 466034

Lucky we have a big squad with 5 of the starting 11 currently out for 2 months or more.

Home - Bosnian Team

View attachment 466036

Massive win as we secure the tie 9-1 on aggregate and qualify for the Champions League Group stages.

Group Draw

View attachment 466035

Very tough group with Shakhtar, Barcelona and Porto.

Shakhtar are not even the top side in the Ukraine at the moment but have won 6 leagues in the past 11 seasons. Porto are still the top team in Portugal winning practically everything domestically with a 62 year old Rafa Benitez their current manager, Ancelotti is the current manager of Barca and they are back on top of the pile after not winning the league for 5 years.

Still my favourite story here, keep it up definitely!!!!

Last edited:
Still my favourite story here, keep it up definitely!!!!
Thanks man i doubt i will be starting a different story on FM13 now will save it for FM14, Got so much more i want to achieve like seeing *** retire, Building a new stadium hopefully named Tonkin Towers! I think doing a save with such a low club has helped the longevity so much as every season you make progress rather than standing still with the bigger clubs some seasons.

Great to see this story still going strong :) keep up the good work