Live - Saturday football

Also, this was supposedly the first time that a team has come back from 4-0 down to get any points in the Premiership.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Aside from the challenge, why wasn't Nolan sent off for doing the exact same thing? If not worse, considering he a) had less reason to do so, and b) had Szczesney in a headlock/wrestlemania type move not just pushing him in the back of the neck?

Down to the ref, not me. He shouldn't have raised his hands to him (although nowhere near as forcefully as Diaby did), and Szczesny shouldn't have tried to hold the ball. My guess is the ref didn't feel it fair to send him off since Szczesny was delaying play and he was trying to get ball back.

Further complaints: RVP is ONside.. http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/robin-van-persie-offside-goal-newcastle-8410680/

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Also, this was supposedly the first time that a team has come back from 4-0 down to get any points in the Premiership.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Down to the ref, not me. He shouldn't have raised his hands to him (although nowhere near as forcefully as Diaby did), and Szczesny shouldn't have tried to hold the ball. My guess is the ref didn't feel it fair to send him off since Szczesny was delaying play and he was trying to get ball back.

Nowhere near as forcefully? He put him in a headlock, and threw him on the ground in the same way Diaby did.

I'm not saying you could have done anything about it, just showing that Dowd had a dreadful game. Oh, and the video you posted doesn't have a slow motion/close up of Barton's "tackle"

Football today has gone crazy XD

Peterborough 2-2 Southampton

Whelpdale, 44 mins.

Posh games are always high scoring.

Welcome to the rollercoaster ride that is football under Baby Fergie.

If Newcastle play like they did in the 2nd Half they will give anyone a game

Borderline decision, Best's 'offside' disallowed goal was clear cut.

I'm not necessarily complaining that therefore we should have won (though clearly he's onside when he scores the WINNER), but it's more and more evidence of how poor the refs were today.

So the Dust has Settled and Arsenal fans are complaining at officials, So at least the football world didnt go completely crazy on the 5/2/2011

devistated saints fan, terrible defending and goal keeping for both goals for peerborough should still be ahead :( nice even game though!

I'm just seeing the highlights on my stream of the Arsenal game, absolutely shocking and disgraceful tackle by Nolan, but he got the ball and that's the "get out of jail free" card of football tbh.

So the Dust has Settled and Arsenal fans are complaining at officials, So at least the football world didnt go completely crazy on the 5/2/2011

Well, we have every right to, tbh. Maybe it doesn't make a difference now, and maybe we always moan and blah blah, but that was a dreadful refereeing performance, from all of the officials involved. Nolan's is the one which ****** me off most tbh, and the 2nd penalty - Ridiculous inconsistency, and a penalty for jumping

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

More from Barton: http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xgwiyk

Well, we have every right to, tbh. Maybe it doesn't make a difference now, and maybe we always moan and blah blah, but that was a dreadful refereeing performance, from all of the officials involved. Nolan's is the one which ****** me off most tbh, and the 2nd penalty - Ridiculous inconsistency, and a penalty for jumping

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

More from Barton: http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xgwiyk

Disgraceful tackle by Nolan, disgraceful reffing to award the second penalty. Arsenal were unfortunate not to win it too :S

Southampton are 4-2 up now btw 5 mins into the second half.

Another Ricky Lambert penalty (very soft) and a belter from Hammond.

i have to admit that was not a penalty on chaplow, very harsh BUT you can not call us cheats because they get given every week to every team.... and as i speak we just scored a cracking goal. 4-2 we can not give it away now

That's my lot. I've said what I have to say, Arsenal have themselves to blame but the refereeing didn't help at all. 3 dreadful decisions and a host of challenges from Barton that went a miss. If ManUre win, it's their title, if they lose, the result is just even worse..

Also, lol at the Posh v Saints game.

Penalties all round! Never a dull moment at London Road.