Live - Saturday football

Well, we have every right to, tbh. Maybe it doesn't make a difference now, and maybe we always moan and blah blah, but that was a dreadful refereeing performance, from all of the officials involved. Nolan's is the one which ****** me off most tbh, and the 2nd penalty - Ridiculous inconsistency, and a penalty for jumping

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

More from Barton: http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xgwiyk

But you let in 4 goals when 4-0 up, that is your fault, you can blame the ref and the officials, but thats the fact that needs adressing

But you let in 4 goals when 4-0 up, that is your fault, you can blame the ref and the officials, but thats the fact that needs adressing

See my 2nd post, Scott. I'm just responding to you saying we're moaning about referees, when actually, we have every right to because they were awful: whether they lost us 3 points or not, it's an issue that needs addressing. (The issue being Phil Dowd..)

See my 2nd post, Scott. I'm just responding to you saying we're moaning about referees, when actually, we have every right to because they were awful: whether they lost us 3 points or not, it's an issue that needs addressing. (The issue being Phil Dowd..)

They didnt lose you 3 points though, your inability to hold your nerve did.... Arsenal always bottle it. and today was no different, And the fans always seem to play officials.

Guys guys guys, can we not have your discussions overshadowing my excellent diagram? :p

Quite simply the worst 90 degree angle i've ever seen, as demonstrated by my edited picture.

Whoever made that red line needs to get their protractor out. My blue line shows the offside line.

View attachment 131215

I hope you're joking there. The line would only be vertical if the camera was in line with the offside line, it isn't. Look at the pitch markings and D.

I hope you're joking there. The line would only be vertical if the camera was in line with the offside line, it isn't. Look at the pitch markings and D.

you're right mate, the best thing to do I think is just watch MoTD tonight :p

Jake's lines correct. The sideline is at a 90* angle so it means that it's right. (if i've said that right)

He's not offside.

And i didnt really know whats happened in the game, but that Leg Breaker (didnt actually break his leg) deserves a Red card.

I'm basing it the angles with the side line. The red line was clearly at more than 90 degrees to the sideline, mine is there or therabouts.

They didnt lose you 3 points though, your inability to hold your nerve did.... Arsenal always bottle it. and today was no different, And the fans always seem to play officials.

Once again, please see my 2nd post: "Arsenal have themselves to blame" - I'm not blaming it on the officials ffs, I'm just highlighting WHY I'm moaning about them - Because they were absolutely awful in every aspect, regardless of the comeback, and our performance - you're putting words in my mouth.

Quite simply the worst 90 degree angle i've ever seen, as demonstrated by my edited picture.

Whoever made that red line needs to get their protractor out. My blue line shows the offside line.

View attachment 131215

You can tell that the line you've added is at the wrong angle, because it should all be the same distance away from the furthest point of the D on the edge of the area. DMF's looks more accurate to me.

And it's not going to be at 90 degrees, because the camera is not looking straight along the defence. The pitch is at a different angle to the camera.

Update :$

Peterborough 3-4 Southampton...

madness!

hmmm...not the wisest thing to say, bearing in mind the FA like to fine players for speaking their mind

Im quite sure he will get fined for that, it can't be one rule for one and one for others!

I'm basing it the angles with the side line. The red line was clearly at more than 90 degrees to the sideline, mine is there or therabouts.

Sorry Jake, you know I love you, but yours is a shocking line imo

Im quite sure he will get fined for that, it can't be one rule for one and one for others!

shouldn't be a rule to be honest. If an official has a mare you should be able to voice an opinion about it.

shouldn't be a rule to be honest. If an official has a mare you should be able to voice an opinion about it.

through the correct channels yes, by contacting the FA etc, not posting a childish comment on social networking sites, as has been said before, they have a role model reputation to behold, its totally unprofessional.

WHICH is my point exactly to Scott, who has since gone quiet..

I'm not blaming them on Arsenal losing points (much) but just saying how bad they were!

Anyway, how long do you think it's safe to leave MOTD for tonight? Can't bear to watch that heartbreaking performance twice..

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

through the correct channels yes, by contacting the FA etc, not posting a childish comment on social networking sites, as has been said before, they have a role model reputation to behold, its totally unprofessional.

It's not in any way childish, though. He's just pointing out how bad the officials were. He's since deleted the tweet, btw.

But why should being a professional footballer mean you lose the right to an opinion? Although I can see exactly where you're coming from, there's a fine line to tread isn't there? :S

Thats the thing though. Go through official channels, and 9 times out 10 of ten, nothing would get done about it. I mean, like I mentioned, twitter wasn't the best idea, but far as i know its only way.