Live - Transfer deadline day

1:21 | The Editor: Stand by for more on Andy Carroll. Sky Sports is expecting big developments later this afternoon regarding the Newcastle striker.

James Beattie having a medical at Blackpool as we speak.

According to a friend , Hull City have just signed Jonathan Greening.
Anyone have a source?

Tottenham made a bid for Forlan, would be huge if they can pull this off although i doubt they can afford his wages

Bad news for English fans:

1:30 | @SkySportsbucko: Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has signed a new contract, dashing any very faint hopes Tottenham may have had of signing the Argentine before the close of the transfer window.

@SkySportsbucko:
Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has signed a new contract, dashing any very faint hopes Tottenham may have had of signing the Argentine before the close of the transfer window.

EDIT: beat me to it

Bad news for English fans:

1:30 | @SkySportsbucko: Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has signed a new contract, dashing any very faint hopes Tottenham may have had of signing the Argentine before the close of the transfer window.

Oh noes, I thought he was coming to join us!

:$

1323: One man who will not be on the move today is Sergio Aguero. He has signed a contract extension at Atletico Madrid. "I'm staying here because I want to," said Aguero in one of the great quotes of the morning sporting age.

sadly

Why?

Good player, could do no harm at WHL.

1. 31 years old, not too far from turning 32. Only a couple of years left in him at the top of his game, maximum.

2. He has played in the Premiership before, and it didn't go well.

3. His wages will be enormous, given his stature in Spain. I wouldn't mind us signing a striker on large wages, but not when #1 & #2 don't add up.

Wonder what Liverpool will do now, seeing that Koncehsky is now on loan and the Warnock deal fell through