Liverpool: a team in decline?

Oruruda1

Reaction score
this is in no way a dig or a negative post towards liverpool, i'd just like to make that 100% clear before i continue.

Being a FOOTBALL fan, it saddens me how a club like liverpool, with a history my team (and most other teams for that matter) could only dream about, has been in serious decline. liverpool should be challenging for major honours every season without fail. they have the nucleus of a very good squad, the fringe players, maybe not so great, but to go from taking 3 points off chelsea to THAT performance this evening, is beyond belief.

is it time for roy to go?
who would people like to see come in?
where needs to be improved?

i'd like peoples thoughts on this tragedy of english football.

again i please stress this is not a thread to dig at liverpool, just a thread to see peoples views on this once great club and their current predicament.

Roy needs to go. Bring in Andre Villas Boas from Porto.

Whats he thinking plating a international £11.5m CENTRAL MIDFIELDER on the right?
He should go.

well, i have said in a previous post, RH has never managed well in england. he had a good 18 months with fulham, but that does not mean he can make that HUGE step to managing a team where success is a prerequisite like it is at liverpool. the fans expect, the media expect, heck, ENGLISH FOOTBALL EXPECTS liverpool to be top 4 team in england AND a top european club.

he relegated blackburn when he managed them, i don't think he will do that to liverpool mainly because there are 3 worse teams in the league at the minute, but something needs to be done and soon to save a top english club

Why would a manager leave porto for you guys?

Keep it up Scott, you'll be banned before the end of the night.

And please stop commenting on Liverpool-releated issues, you're not wanted here.BAI.

NESV must surely now be considering his position, if they weren't before. Even they know he's not good enough.

it's all about Mauricio Isla if i'm honest (think i've spelt his name right?)

Why would a manager leave porto for you guys?

Your starting to derserve a slap lol, IMO i think manchester united are in decline and are going to follow liverpool so watch it might be us soon.

And please stop commenting on Liverpool-releated issues, you're not wanted here.BAI.

NESV must surely now be considering his position, if they weren't before. Even they know he's not good enough.
He has a fair point. :p
Would be a stupid idea anyway. The guy knows absolutely nothing about english football and has built a reputation based on like what, half a season? Risky appointment imo.

It was a sersly question, Porto is the Champs league, big club, winning the league most years. And liverpool in the europa league, defo on the decline at the moment, he wont come to you on history alone, So maybe you should try answering my question, instead of dodging it, I am sorry if you want every liverpool related thread post to agree with you, but that simply isnt possible

Why did benitez leave valencia when he took them to the top?? simple answer is a challenge/money...

He feel out with the Valencia Board, i thought that was common knowledge.

I think he will go just before the January transfer window and bring in Pellegrini (SP)

Are the Liverpools fans missing Rafa now?? I thought he did pretty well, Just that the stuff with Hicks and Gillett sort of forced him to quit.

But is sacking a manager after a short spell really gonna help Liverpool. I say just give him some time and see what happens and at the end of the season, review his progress and take any action then. Sacking him now will just make the situation worse.

It was a sersly question, Porto is the Champs league, big club, winning the league most years. And liverpool in the europa league, defo on the decline at the moment, he wont come to you on history alone, So maybe you should try answering my question, instead of dodging it, I am sorry if you want every liverpool related thread post to agree with you, but that simply isnt possible

He feel out with the Valencia Board, i thought that was common knowledge.

Because Portugal is very little challenge, everyone knows Liverpool are bigger than them; Liverpool - new owners with ambition and wanting success, of course he would.

Not once did I say he will. He asked who I want. I said who I want.

I just simply asked why, surely if you want to see him in, he must be realistic in your eyes, otherwise it makes the exercise pointless.

Your starting to derserve a slap lol, IMO i think manchester united are in decline and are going to follow liverpool so watch it might be us soon.

Anyone who truly knows me, knows i under no illusions about our future, i simply asked a sensible question.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Because Portugal is very little challenge, everyone knows Liverpool are bigger than them; Liverpool - new owners with ambition and wanting success, of course he would.

But Porto are competitive in europe.

See that wasnt hard to have a normal conversation was it?