Liverpool: a team in decline?

I just simply asked why, surely if you want to see him in, he must be realistic in your eyes, otherwise it makes the exercise pointless.

Anyone who truly knows me, knows i under no illusions about our future, i simply asked a sensible question.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

But Porto are competitive in europe.

See that wasnt hard to have a normal conversation was it?

So are Liverpool, Porto have no chance of winning Champions League.

are you saying that Porto isn't a strong team???
put us playing against Liverpool now and we will see who will win it
We are palying very well and we won against benfica 5-0 so I won't see villas boas leaving Porto to liverpool at least this year

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is eyeing up Preston starlet Adam Barton.
(from SkySports Paper Talk)

:'(

Are the Liverpools fans missing Rafa now?? I thought he did pretty well, Just that the stuff with Hicks and Gillett sort of forced him to quit.

But is sacking a manager after a short spell really gonna help Liverpool. I say just give him some time and see what happens and at the end of the season, review his progress and take any action then. Sacking him now will just make the situation worse.

Near enough every manager wants the title "I took liverpool back to the top"...as for benitez I never wanted him to go...it's a shame the americans went after him as I'm sure he would of been liverpool manager still...all personal opinions of course lol
As for Hodgson I was VERY VERY disappointed when he got the managers job...as everyone said YES he did well at fulham for 1 season but he didn't win anything...

welcome to football teams go up teams go down for our enjoyment would'nt it be boring if every season the top four is manu, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool?

Local Portugease ones, easy ones to win. Face it, he WOULD join. Now go KBAITHX.

Why though, Porto are a team on the rise, maybe, just maybe he might decide to stay there, then think the grass will be greener somewhere else, It is called loyatly.

Unless you know him personally, you cant presume he will defo leave porto, his family might be settled. so many factors.

think Liverpool need more then just a change of manager, although it would be a start as he too negative in his tactics. where are all these top young players signed during Benitize era. They need a "maverick" player like a Ronaldino to lift the other players.
Liverpool have got a few top players, they just need some motivation and believe in what Liverpool are trying to achieve. For too long Liverpool have lacked real leadership (always infighting between Benitize and the board). So needs a strong manager to direct the club, rather then the club trying to direct the manager. How are the players going to have trust in the manager if the fans and board dont trust the manager. Martin O'Neill is free, Harry Redknapp, David Moyes, . Liverpool are still a massive club

i don't think's so, but i think Liverpool need's midfielder. Why? Because they lost 2 world class DM: Xabi Alonso and Mascherano. It's difficult for a team to be in a good form whit such a big losses!

Didn Fulham finish 12th or 13th last season and that suddenly turned him into a Big 4 manager.

Personally, I think the owners took the cheap option of hiring Roy, when comparing to other big managers. What i hate to hear is people wanting manager sacked after a short period. No one can a turn a club with problems into a unbeatable team like that, esepcially with all the stuff happening in the boardroom with new owners

Why though, Porto are a team on the rise, maybe, just maybe he might decide to stay there, then think the grass will be greener somewhere else, It is called loyatly.

Unless you know him personally, you cant presume he will defo leave porto, his family might be settled. so many factors.

Very little loyalty in football, money is more important to them.

welcome to football teams go up teams go down for our enjoyment would'nt it be boring if every season the top four is manu, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool?

yes i agree it would be boring, but liverpool are a team that is synonymous with english football. you go anywhere in the world and ask about english football (not just premier league, before that time) the teams mentioned will be man utd and liverpool 99 times out of 100. no disrespect to other teams

yes i agree it would be boring, but liverpool are a team that is synonymous with english football. you go anywhere in the world and ask about english football (not just premier league, before that time) the teams mentioned will be man utd and liverpool 99 times out of 100. no disrespect to other teams

Good point. But how do you know, what about the likes of Nottingham Forest, Leeds , Sheffield Wednesday and many more, all the small teams that not so long a go were in the Prem and in the top 10 ?