Liverpool Agree Fee For Raul Meireles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expectations are gonna be high now. Next up, we need a striker a.k.a. Ola Toivonen because N'Gog can't seem to step up in big matches, and Kuyt will probably be mainly employed on the wings, while Babel is...well....Babel. And Pacheco needs more matches on the Europa League games.

With lassana diarra linked and me personally think he is quality surely it could be this:
Reina
Johnson - Carra - Agger - Konchesky
Lassana Diarra - Raul Meireles
Kuyt - Gerrard - Cole
Torres

now in my opinion if we could keep all fit it is a team good enough to win the league but confidence, gelling may make it difficult
then sign a striker like cole, toivonen or ruiz.... personally i wouldnt sign cole as i think n'gog just as good... these are back up to torres or in game we need to win play 2 up top

There is obviously some kind of part-exchange for Konchesky about to take place, I mean Fulham are replacing him with Salcido who is certainly a lot better than Konchesky, which suggests we don't have the funds to complete a deal for Salcido as I can't imagine Fulham would have been his first choice.

Really happy with this signing, Portugal regular and one of Porto's best players, I can't say I've watched him week in week out but I'm sure he will be a good player for us and certainly softens the blow for seeing Masch leave, and a much, much better deal than the Dickson Etuhu rumours that were around.

Although above all I'm definitely surprised that we were allowed to use a large proportion of the Masch transfer money to sign Mireles, I had already accepted that a stopgap signing for £3-4million i.e Etuhu was on the cards but glad to be proven wrong. Makes me wonder whether the owners had a chance to grab some of the cash..

There is obviously some kind of part-exchange for Konchesky about to take place, I mean Fulham are replacing him with Salcido who is certainly a lot better than Konchesky, which suggests we don't have the funds to complete a deal for Salcido as I can't imagine Fulham would have been his first choice.

Really happy with this signing, Portugal regular and one of Porto's best players, I can't say I've watched him week in week out but I'm sure he will be a good player for us and certainly softens the blow for seeing Masch leave, and a much, much better deal than the Dickson Etuhu rumours that were around.

Although above all I'm definitely surprised that we were allowed to use a large proportion of the Masch transfer money to sign Mireles, I had already accepted that a stopgap signing for £3-4million i.e Etuhu was on the cards but glad to be proven wrong. Makes me wonder whether the owners had a chance to grab some of the cash..
We're giving Dalle Valle and Kakincaki (SP) aswell as dosh for Konchesky

Fee for Salcido is £1.6 Million, it's hard to say whether he is better than Konchesky or not because I doubt you've seen either of them play enough but here's for hoping, I only think interest in Konchesky picked up when we decided to sign Salcido.

Awsome signing, cant wait to see him play!

from what i've seen of him and heard he looks to be a proper box to box mid think someone said it earlier good tackler and can score goals. looks like a really good signing for liverpool.

Isnt that Dalle Valle guy who's going to Fulham possibly supposed to be quite a good young player though? Dont get why you'd wanna get rid of him if he is.

Isnt that Dalle Valle guy who's going to Fulham possibly supposed to be quite a good young player though? Dont get why you'd wanna get rid of him if he is.

He's only going on loan apparently

Great signing, please leave lucas out of the first 11 now.

Alright lads nice one. Pretty happy then, need a left back now.
On this note, did we ever sell insua? Read that a fee had been agreed and he was discussing personal terms yet i've seen no official announcement on the website. And why are we still playing agger at LB when we re-signed aurelio; is he injured?

Meireles - 7
Gerrard - 8
Torres - 9
Cole - 10
Ola - 11 (Hopefully)

What's your obsession with wanting to get Toivonen? He's nowhere near Liverpool standard.

Great signing, please leave lucas out of the first 11 now.

On this note, did we ever sell insua? Read that a fee had been agreed and he was discussing personal terms yet i've seen no official announcement on the website. And why are we still playing agger at LB when we re-signed aurelio; is he injured?

I dont think insuas gone yet and aurelio needs to regain match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.