Liverpool agree Suarez fee

I really really really really really really really really REALLY hope he doesn't turn into another Kezman flop.

this should be first of many top quality signings, rather then the usual **** over last 2 years. would be suicide if they sell Torres especially in january sales too ne of their rivals

there is a difference between "big" and "stupid" transfer fees.

Well if NESV had given Roy a 100m check to buy players he wants would he have made stupid or big signings?

Mancini has made big signings and couple smaller and they have been ok or good ones. Saving judgement on Dzeko until he end of season at least.

You can't blame City for doing "stupid" transfer fees. It's the manager who decides....and it was Hughes who did "stupid" signings. Mancini have done well.

as for Suarez...he has an amazing record in Holland..but in England.....? Liverpool still have a long way to go to even think about top 5.

£22.8m is not paid up front, around £15.3m is up front, the rest is installments, and like said above, there is a difference between 'big fees' and 'stupid fees'.

Suarez is a proven scorer and this is proof NESV are willing to invest in the Liverpool squad.

This is a massive risk. And people saying citys signing are "stupid", that was hughes. And to be fair it doesnt matter as we have an unlimited supply of money. Liverpool on the other hand, do not.

Liverpool still have a long way to go to even think about top 5.

Indeed, 6 points behind with a further 42 to play for just seems impossible.

This is a massive risk. And people saying citys signing are "stupid", that was hughes. And to be fair it doesnt matter as we have an unlimited supply of money. Liverpool on the other hand, do not.

Just like Torres was a massive risk.

Offers another option other than Torres which is what Liverpool have lacked last few season's with Keane being average and N'Gog still lacking experience.

I would of thought Liverpool would be investing in defence rather than attack though.

People saying its a risk... if you worry about risks then you wont sign anyone

1. He was the top scoring player on the planet last year
2. He can play just off the striker and wide left but also can play Striker
3. Perfect striker for nando
4. Big name signing for nando to perhaps consider staying
5. Imagine torres-suarez partnership ( on paper anyway )

Pretty much everything can be considered a big risk, so at the moment I couldn't be happier.

Any foreign player that comes into the premier league risks being a flop. The playing styles in the premier league are a lot more different to other countries/leagues.

Yeah, there's been some quality players over the years coming into the premier league who are proven scorers (Henry, Ruud, Tevez) and have done well but there were also proven scorers from foreign leagues who have been massive flops (Kezman, Crespo, Shevchenko, Rebrov - huh, funny how 3 and 4 of them were Chelsea players. :p).

I do wish the best for the lad. and I really hope this will make Torres stay.

OMG^^)

I think the owners had alot of thinking to do before agreeing this deal.It was either:agree deal for Suarez and make Torres stay or agree deal for Chelsea and let Torres go.

Last edited:

To catch up five quality and in-form sides - ManUre, Arsenal, Spuds, Citeh and Cheatski.

I very much doubt you'll get into the top 5 this season, but I hope Liverpool prove me wrong tbh - Would hate to see City's petrol billions or Spurs take the spots ;)

Not entirely sure why everyone seems to be so excited about KK and the rest of the season having won twice in a row.. but that's a discussion for another day.

On topic, and this will be a quality signing, I feel. OK, two or three Dutch players have come to the PL and not played so well (Babel being the obvious example), but others have done brilliantly - RVP, Bergkamp etc. - I think Suarez can complement Torres brilliantly personally, he's adept at playing wider and/or deeper, I have no worries about Torres' ability to either play in a two, or in front of a three if Gerrard moves forward and Suarez plays on the left.

Some brilliant players look set to be coming to the PL in the next two seasons, w/ Hazard/De Gea both reported to be being scouted by Arsenal/Utd respectively.

Just like Torres was a massive risk.

......buying Suarez wont put you to the top 4-5....there are still 5-6 teams better than Liverpool. And Liverpool aren't improving more than those. Those teams above you are spending and improving...dont expect miracles from Suarez. You still have so much to improve.

To catch up five quality and in-form sides - ManUre, Arsenal, Spuds, Citeh and Cheatski.

I very much doubt you'll get into the top 5 this season, but I hope Liverpool prove me wrong tbh - Would hate to see City's petrol billions or Spurs take the spots ;)

Not entirely sure why everyone seems to be so excited about KK and the rest of the season having won twice in a row.. but that's a discussion for another day.

On topic, and this will be a quality signing, I feel. OK, two or three Dutch players have come to the PL and not played so well (Babel being the obvious example), but others have done brilliantly - RVP, Bergkamp etc. - I think Suarez can complement Torres brilliantly personally, he's adept at playing wider and/or deeper, I have no worries about Torres' ability to either play in a two, or in front of a three if Gerrard moves forward and Suarez plays on the left.

Some brilliant players look set to be coming to the PL in the next two seasons, w/ Hazard/De Gea both reported to be being scouted by Arsenal/Utd respectively.
And Liverpool ;)
Comolli went to see him