Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine! It's a joke. But it's disrespectful. Just like calling Liverpool Looserpool or City Man Shity. Am I right ?

Yes, but I don't think anyone really minds if you call Liverpool, loserpool...

Why do they inflate everything? It's more like £13m + £3-4m, which would also be much closer to Henderson's true value. I think he will be a great signing though

See your point, but we set value of N'Gog as £8m, fathead bruce gets to tell his supporters that he got a £20m deal for Henderson, Liverpool effectively have spent £14.5m on Henderson (N'Gog's fee and assuming Henderson hits every single one of the add-ons - will actually be interesting to see the full details of the transfer), and everyone goes home happy with a story to tell about how they got the best of the deal. N'Gog should do a decent job for Sunderland. Think he's got a lot more to come yet - think he's going to mature a bit later but when he does he's got the potential to be an excellent striker. And we get Henderson and demonstrate that some other clubs may not have quite the amount of cash which their Chief Executives have been boasting about.

I'm still not sure what kind of player Henderson really is when played in the centre. On the right he was a pretty accomplished traditional wide man, good crosser, but I don't exactly know his role as a CM.

Sunderland have agreed a fee with Liverpool for the transfer of Jordan Henderson.

Jordan Henderson will hold talks with Liverpool after the two clubs agreed a fee for the midfielder.
The 20-year-old, who played for England under-21s on Sunday, is set to discuss personal terms with the Anfield club.
A club spokesperson said: "A fee has been agreed with Liverpool for Jordan Henderson and he travels to Anfield today with the club's blessing.

Its on the Sunderland website.. Good deal for Liverpool. 13 Million plus N'Gog.

So has N'Gog actually been included in the deal? Don't see any mention of him in any of the official sources yet.

I'm a tiny bit disappointed to see N'Gog go, he's definitely got the technical ability to make a decent footballer one day and would of been nice to see him develop his physical and mental side a bit more because for me he just lacked the tenacity a little bit at times.

I'm still not sure what kind of player Henderson really is when played in the centre. On the right he was a pretty accomplished traditional wide man, good crosser, but I don't exactly know his role as a CM.

For u-21s, he's the right hand side of a midfield three. Lot of people whose judgement I respect reckon he'll be a cracking right winger and are less convinced he's got any future in a midfield two. In play style, he's very similar to Gerrard (not as good, not as dynamic as Gerrard was at his age) for the u-21s - finds space, breaks from deep, and the same wonky passing radar which sometimes lets him pick out 'pass of the season' type balls but usually end up conceding possession. More I see of him, the more I like him in that role - definitely wouldn't want him in a midfield two though.

£20 million? Bargain....

He's a decent player, with the potential to become a really good premier league footballer, but even with the full breakdown; £14 million + Ngog, Liverpool are paying £10 million too much purely because he's English.

£20 million? Bargain....

He's a decent player, with the potential to become a really good premier league footballer, but even with the full breakdown; £14 million + Ngog, Liverpool are paying £10 million too much purely because he's English.

For comparison, Sergio Canales (a similar sort of player, arguably more gifted than Henderson, similar age, at a club in the Spanish league of comparable size to Sunderland) moved to Real Madrid for 6 million euros.

. And we get Henderson and demonstrate that some other clubs may not have quite the amount of cash which their Chief Executives have been boasting about.

Nice little sly dig at Utd there Zeb... Just cause United didnt over pay for an over rated English punk, means Gill not telling the truth about funds.. Did you not see we agreed to pay 18.6million on Spains future number 1.

Box-to-box ? Link up player ? We have Meireles & Spearing doing that already, but realistically I think the former should be played as an AM as he doesn't relish the physical contact in central midfield.

Not sure myself tbh - Henderson's not a playmaker & he's not a DM; we'll have to see what KK wants him to do.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

For comparison, Sergio Canales (a similar sort of player, arguably more gifted than Henderson, similar age, at a club in the Spanish league of comparable size to Sunderland) moved to Real Madrid for 6 million euros.

That's because they're not mad in Spain. If that situation was replicated here the price would be doubled - at least !

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

£20 million? Bargain....

Yep.

Nice little sly dig at Utd there Zeb... Just cause United didnt over pay for an over rated English punk, means Gill not telling the truth about funds.. Did you not see we agreed to pay 18.6million on Spains future number 1.

Ouch, there's envy in that post Scott. Boyhood Manchester United supporter wasn't he? Groomed by the fathead and steered in the direction of Ferguson? It was nailed on wasn't it? 'Henderson to Manchester United in the summer'. The young British talent to go into your midfield so you lot could stop trying to pretend Gibson will make the grade. So... what happened? You have £113m cash in your bank account, Ferguson has funds. No value in the market still? But you're paying a similar size fee for yet another young keeper? Why not get both? No truth in the faint rumours I'm hearing (from Blues I must admit) that you'd gone in with an offer of a couple of players and a very extended payment plan and been laughed away by Quinn is there? Got to wonder.

Anyways, over-rated? Nah. He's barely on most people's radar. End of summer might be a different story. Overpriced? Sure. Price of English talent - ****, you paid the same for, erm, Anderson. How's he doing by the way? Still at the club?

Ouch, there's envy in that post Scott. Boyhood Manchester United supporter wasn't he? Groomed by the fathead and steered in the direction of Ferguson? It was nailed on wasn't it? 'Henderson to Manchester United in the summer'. The young British talent to go into your midfield so you lot could stop trying to pretend Gibson will make the grade. So... what happened? You have £113m cash in your bank account, Ferguson has funds. No value in the market still? But you're paying a similar size fee for yet another young keeper? Why not get both? No truth in the faint rumours I'm hearing (from Blues I must admit) that you'd gone in with an offer of a couple of players and a very extended payment plan and been laughed away by Quinn is there? Got to wonder.

Anyways, over-rated? Nah. He's barely on most people's radar. End of summer might be a different story. Overpriced? Sure. Price of English talent - ****, you paid the same for, erm, Anderson. How's he doing by the way? Still at the club?

I have so much love for you.

Henderson would no way improve our CM situation. He offers nothing more than what we already have at club. If we sign CM, he would be someone who improve our first 11 not just squad.

Henderson is doing well as Right mid, but we have Valencia and Nani who are streets ahead of him at that position. Henderson to United would make absolutely no sense. Just because we have money doesn't mean we should be signing half decent players for fun.

Our squad is excellent with only needing a GK and one or two CMs who can take us to another level. Not players like Henderson.

Lets go for it then Zeb..... I got an hour to spare.

Killing you inside is it, Your signings a boy hood red. The Kop loving one of our own, rather then yours. Groomed by a former Manchester United Manager and hero is cpatain marvel himself. Ouche for you guys.

The Young british talent to go into our midfield? I expect better from you, Like maybe just cause the Sun reckon we are signing him means nothing. Incase you havent heard, We made an approach for Ashley Young, and the Man wants Champions league football, something we CAN offer.

Then you come onto a topic of Value in the market. Something Ferguson likes to talk about, and Generally finds. Chicarito anyone? You know the 6millin pound man, Who was arguably the best striker in the league last season, Out shining a 35million pounds man and a 50million pound man.

Considering the keeper we have signed in the last 5 years have all been for under 5million( combined at roughly 8.5) i fail to see how you can say yet another young keeper.

Why did Fergie not sign both, Simple really, There is better players out there, As we have Champions league( forget that European) football to offer, We can target the champions league Calibre players, Like Modric, Sneijdar and many others, Something you guys cant do.

Then you bring up Anderson, Nice to see you noticed him play this season( when not injured) I have you know he has been adapted by Ferguson into a more driving midfielder, full of energy and he picked up his 3rd league title medal only 3 weeks ago, Not bad for a player, Liverpool Supporters, tend to ignore. Eh?

Now you rumour, you heard from some guy on the street i take it, I have heard Sunderland ae interested in Gibson, Brown and Welbeck from us, With the first two being told to find new clubs by SAF. SO maybe your rumour " Source" has put 2 + 2 = i dno 135 by the sounds of things. I can assure you that Utd never made a formal bid for Henderson, Otherwise the PR men at Sunderland would of branded it around in the papers.

End of the Summer, I suppose he did make the full england squad last week,, Oh Wait. Never mind.

1. In terms of banter, Zebedee > Scott. Largely because his spelling and grammar are better and he got in there first ;)

2. Not that he's in any way up for sale but... what's Wilshere worth if Chris Smalling is worth £10m, Carroll £35m, Henderson £20m?

3. Scott - what has Henderson not making the full England squad got to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.