Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Thank you, I wondered how long until the Arrognant dellusional, " You live in our shadow" card would take.

Hmm, no, a statement of historical fact is in fact just a statement of historical fact. Even your current manager continues to define his success by reference to us - scary, eh? Can't remember it being the other way round back in the day. If the discussion is whether a player supports someone else made a difference to the Kop, then Rush and Carra would be booed at every occasion, wouldn't they?

Collecting silverware at my clubs expense, how about you fast forward 10 years, and remind us when you took anything at our expense. Oh thats right the mickey mouse cup, When a certain Kop hero scored the decisive goal and was a general menance, that wouldnt be the same hero who had to join us to get his hands on his first league winners medal this season would it?

I have no crystal ball to fast forward 10 years Scott. If you mean Owen, then you're welcome to pay for his horse racing for all eternity. He's not missed and he was never a 'kop hero'. Never particularly liked on the Kop even when he was tearing defences apart. Always in God's shadow really and he always had that smugness and desire to be 'Ingurland's Michael Owen' first and 'Liverpool's Michael Owen' second. We're Scouse not English.

Should i tell you something about those papers, that might make you think, The Times is written by the exact same journalist that write the sun. Did you know that, They Formalise there reading style and write under fake names, to target middle/ upper class people. Quite a neat trick really. And then your saying how do you know this. Try having a father who has spent 15 years of his life in the Industry.

I laughed. I'm actually close friends with a Times journalist who gets sent to war zones. I'll have to ask him if he moonlights for the Sun as part of some big secret. Do you think he'll confess?

All the papers get there " Information" from the same people, Just report it differently to target different audiences.

Well, yes, there's these lovely people called 'press officers' who give statements to everyone who asks them for a statement. How cool is that?! And then the journalists take it away and right it up for their target audience. But that's not how every story happens is it? Someone might be the ghost writer for someone else's autobiography and so get a scoop etc etc.

Just to put my cards on the table mate, I've worked in music journalism and also done current affairs freelance. I know how it works, so find some other idiot to try and impress with that nonsense.

Turned our hot prospect inside out, I think your mistaken Chris Smalling for Wes Brown there. and i think in a one off game, Your judging someone.

And Andy Carrol, you over spent on. And again i didnt realise you signed Connor Wickham in Janaury, now i can tell you from first hand experience, He is a Unit and a tank, now when you get him, I would start bragging, not when you sign some geordie punk.

Carrol is more of a Neil than a Vivian for me - not really got that punk look. More of a stoner style really. Lots of punks in the NE by your account though. *** Pistols revival going on there or something?
The young Ben Foster, Is currently playing for Birmingham Zeb, We sold him for 6million last season( made a 5million profit on the lad.) He is no longer our player. So i think for 1million he was a bargain.

Ah, so you now need another young goalkeeper. Spain's potential number 1 is it?

Your Confused because your mis informed, Ferguson is now signing players ready made, this summer. Hence was the original plan. 2 years ago, He said he would be making major moves this summer, hence he is. When he knew Scholes, VDS, Neville and others would need replacing

Ah I see, it's all part of the plan. It's slotting into place now. There's value in the market this summer after all. Wasn't last summer. Nor the summer before. But this summer - value time.

Oh that is Sour grapes, We where better then everyone else mate. We also made a Champions league final, You know. Anderson is doing really well actually mate, His career has been blighted with Injuries, but he looks to be over them, and actually is giving many midfields the run a round.

Heck, we made 2 CL finals in 3 years, and I've got to say that I thought our team was absolutely awful when we won the thing. That's how it goes. It's actually a reference to a quote from a famous Soviet coach which was really about the desire to improve and that yes, you can win by playing **** football but great teams and managers seek to go beyond that. Kind of like when you lot were ripping everyone up in the league.

Anyways, Anderson. 30 games this season. Not really a blighted season is it? I mean Hargreaves - that's blighted. King - that's blighted. Woodgate - that's blighted. Anderson? Mysteriously crashes his car, misses start of season.

I never said there was no Discussion, but maybe they seen what most have seen, He isnt as good as the media or 20million seems to suggest. I think it becomes Formal when Utd lodge a bid for him.

So when is a bid lodged?

Anyway i have work, Be back in about an hour to continue this all day for you Zeb, Much Love.

I don't ;) Have a good day mate.

could ask is there a need for your post?

Could argue there isnt a need for the last conversation, stick to the henderson transfer or go rip each other Via VM/PM/email/facebook/telephone/letter.

Can someone tell me how liverpool managed to offload N'gog onto sunderland?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

sigh, why must you zoom me?

Probably the same way they managed to offload Torres for £50m. ;)

see thats kind of my point, they need someone who is proven. Unless they they think they can do with him what they did with welbeck

Think he can do a job for them. But details of this transfer will really need to be confirmed. Seems like two different tales are being told by both sides and the truth seems to lie in the middle. Seen it suggested that it's a confirmed £20m for Henderson (including add-ons) with an N'Gog transfer fee to be deducted from Liverpool's payments to Sunderland. No idea though.

Anyways, Anderson. 30 games this season. Not really a blighted season is it? I mean Hargreaves - that's blighted. King - that's blighted. Woodgate - that's blighted. Anderson? Mysteriously crashes his car, misses start of season.

Anderson was only fit for 39 games this season of a possible 60, starting 22.
Would you not consider Gerrard's season to be injury blighted? He made 33 starts this season.

Anderson was only fit for 39 games this season of a possible 60, starting 22.
Would you not consider Gerrard's season to be injury blighted? He made 33 starts this season.

Gerrad missed most of the back-end of the season because he took an op early and obviously a decision had been taken to get that done and have him fresh for next season. Otherwise a very typical Gerrard season.

Hmm, no, a statement of historical fact is in fact just a statement of historical fact. Even your current manager continues to define his success by reference to us - scary, eh? Can't remember it being the other way round back in the day. If the discussion is whether a player supports someone else made a difference to the Kop, then Rush and Carra would be booed at every occasion, wouldn't they?

I have no crystal ball to fast forward 10 years Scott. If you mean Owen, then you're welcome to pay for his horse racing for all eternity. He's not missed and he was never a 'kop hero'. Never particularly liked on the Kop even when he was tearing defences apart. Always in God's shadow really and he always had that smugness and desire to be 'Ingurland's Michael Owen' first and 'Liverpool's Michael Owen' second. We're Scouse not English.

I laughed. I'm actually close friends with a Times journalist who gets sent to war zones. I'll have to ask him if he moonlights for the Sun as part of some big secret. Do you think he'll confess?

Well, yes, there's these lovely people called 'press officers' who give statements to everyone who asks them for a statement. How cool is that?! And then the journalists take it away and right it up for their target audience. But that's not how every story happens is it? Someone might be the ghost writer for someone else's autobiography and so get a scoop etc etc.

Just to put my cards on the table mate, I've worked in music journalism and also done current affairs freelance. I know how it works, so find some other idiot to try and impress with that nonsense.

Carrol is more of a Neil than a Vivian for me - not really got that punk look. More of a stoner style really. Lots of punks in the NE by your account though. *** Pistols revival going on there or something?

Ah, so you now need another young goalkeeper. Spain's potential number 1 is it?

Ah I see, it's all part of the plan. It's slotting into place now. There's value in the market this summer after all. Wasn't last summer. Nor the summer before. But this summer - value time.

Heck, we made 2 CL finals in 3 years, and I've got to say that I thought our team was absolutely awful when we won the thing. That's how it goes. It's actually a reference to a quote from a famous Soviet coach which was really about the desire to improve and that yes, you can win by playing **** football but great teams and managers seek to go beyond that. Kind of like when you lot were ripping everyone up in the league.

So when is a bid lodged?

I don't ;) Have a good day mate.

And Bang I am back....

The only historical fact brought up here is well not really a fact... You claim with live for you... Last time i checked, we where the most successful club in Domestic England. Any Change.

Again, You brought Up henderson back ground and who he supports, It doesnt bother me, But you brought it up, so it must of bothered you. For me, A utd player can be a City boy as a kid, or a scouse, As long as he gives 100% when he plays for my club.

Dno if you know. But i think Michael will be rather involved this season, He was very sharp this season, just the emmergence of Chicarito held him back.

Why dont you ask your friend who prints his newspapers mate, Who his editor is, Why dont you ask him all of this, I can tell you for sure, the Times and Sun are owned by the same person( maybe not publicly) but without a doubt, they are all tied in. Hey Believe me or not, I know the truth.

No, We dont need a young keeper, We need a new number 1. Hence this big money signing. We have signed keepers over the years to be number 2, back ups. Now Big ed has gone, we need a new number 1. Pretty simple mate. Expect you to get that.

When has anyone ever said the market had value in it now. I said we need to sign players, Not that there was now value. Your trying to put words in my mouth, my friend. We need to sign players this summer to stay at the very top of the english game. So in previous summers we havent signed, as one we dont need to, and two the prices have been inflated.

The Prices are still inflated but we need to sign, so will.( Hence why it looks like we nipped in a took Jones from you)

Did that stop you celebrating like mad uns, Calling yourselfs European champions for 12 months, Still banging on about 5 times. You mean a great team which scores over 2 goals per game, finishes 9 points clear of the next side, and reaches the european cup final?

30 games out of the 60 we played, and how many of them where starts...? Just for the record, Hargreaves, Kings and Woodgates seasons never really got going.

When a formal bid is lodged, If the directors sit with Alex ferguson and discuss targets and his name is mentioned, and then decided against after discussion, doesnt make it formal.

For comparison, Sergio Canales (a similar sort of player, arguably more gifted than Henderson, similar age, at a club in the Spanish league of comparable size to Sunderland) moved to Real Madrid for 6 million euros.

Wasn't his contract expiring though?

Lets go for it then Zeb..... I got an hour to spare.

Then you bring up Anderson, Nice to see you noticed him play this season( when not injured) I have you know he has been adapted by Ferguson into a more driving midfielder, full of energy and he picked up his 3rd league title medal only 3 weeks ago, Not bad for a player, Liverpool Supporters, tend to ignore. Eh?

End of the Summer, I suppose he did make the full england squad last week,, Oh Wait. Never mind.

Just one point on this, Djimi Traore, Scott Carson, Jerzey Dudek, Igor Biscan, Chris Kirkland, Harry Kewell and co. all have Champions League winners medals. Doesn't make 'em good.

Just one point on this, Djimi Traore, Scott Carson, Jerzey Dudek, Igor Biscan, Chris Kirkland, Harry Kewell and co. all have Champions League winners medals. Doesn't make 'em good.

But they have something to show for there career, and really, Your saying they have one medal, I can point to anderson having 3 league title plus a champions league medal. The point remains he is part of a squad which has one 3 league titles in his 4 years at the club and played in a winning side champions league final.

Wasn't his contract expiring though?

I know little of the facts, he was just one of the first examples that came to my mind, i could do some digging to find more, everyone knows buying English means paying 2-3 times the price you should, look at Phil Jones and/or Chris Smalling to Man Utd, 10 million? 16 million? Ridiculous for young and mostly unproven centre backs.

Can someone tell me how liverpool managed to offload N'gog onto sunderland?

Mr Comolli is proving to be a very clever man. Working very well alongside Kenny it seems.

But they have something to show for there career, and really, Your saying they have one medal, I can point to anderson having 3 league title plus a champions league medal. The point remains he is part of a squad which has one 3 league titles in his 4 years at the club and played in a winning side champions league final.
Point being? anyone could win 3 league titles and a champions league with 10 other top players around them.

Doesn't mean he's any good though. Yes, he's playing in a good team but for the price you paid (he isn't even English) he's been relatively poor.

Point being? anyone could win 3 league titles and a champions league with 10 other top players around them.

Doesn't mean he's any good though. Yes, he's playing in a good team but for the price you paid (he isn't even English) he's been relatively poor.

Point being, He wouldnt of survived 4 years in our side, as less he offered something to it.

I love this. 100% true and all. God was always the player everyone looked up to, he was the scouser that loved Liverpool and Liverpool loved him back. Owen didn't show half the desire.

Point being, He wouldnt of survived 4 years in our side, as less he offered something to it.

I'd rather Henderson for the reported 13m and N'gog than Anderson for 18m.

The point I'm making isn't the amount of medals, it is that because someone has a medal, doesn't make them good.

I, personally, don't rate Anderson whatsoever.

And Bang I am back....

The only historical fact brought up here is well not really a fact... You claim with live for you... Last time i checked, we where the most successful club in Domestic England. Any Change.

Again, You brought Up henderson back ground and who he supports, It doesnt bother me, But you brought it up, so it must of bothered you. For me, A utd player can be a City boy as a kid, or a scouse, As long as he gives 100% when he plays for my club.

Dno if you know. But i think Michael will be rather involved this season, He was very sharp this season, just the emmergence of Chicarito held him back.

Why dont you ask your friend who prints his newspapers mate, Who his editor is, Why dont you ask him all of this, I can tell you for sure, the Times and Sun are owned by the same person( maybe not publicly) but without a doubt, they are all tied in. Hey Believe me or not, I know the truth.

No, We dont need a young keeper, We need a new number 1. Hence this big money signing. We have signed keepers over the years to be number 2, back ups. Now Big ed has gone, we need a new number 1. Pretty simple mate. Expect you to get that.

When has anyone ever said the market had value in it now. I said we need to sign players, Not that there was now value. Your trying to put words in my mouth, my friend. We need to sign players this summer to stay at the very top of the english game. So in previous summers we havent signed, as one we dont need to, and two the prices have been inflated.

The Prices are still inflated but we need to sign, so will.( Hence why it looks like we nipped in a took Jones from you)

Did that stop you celebrating like mad uns, Calling yourselfs European champions for 12 months, Still banging on about 5 times. You mean a great team which scores over 2 goals per game, finishes 9 points clear of the next side, and reaches the european cup final?

30 games out of the 60 we played, and how many of them where starts...? Just for the record, Hargreaves, Kings and Woodgates seasons never really got going.

When a formal bid is lodged, If the directors sit with Alex ferguson and discuss targets and his name is mentioned, and then decided against after discussion, doesnt make it formal.

You're initial argument was that a Manchester United supporting player at Liverpool would somehow make us all eat ourselves up inside. It's nonsense because it no more does that than our knowing that Busby played for us, that Whelan supported you, that Carra was a bluenose, that Fowler was a bluenose, that Rush was a bluenose etc.... My point was that say Liverpool went in for, name at random here, Scott Dann. And he went to Arsenal even though he's got the opportunity to play for the team of his dreams. I'd find that a little odd, all other things being equal. Wouldn't you? When was the last time a player turned down CL football, better personal terms and the chance to play for the current league champions for a team which nearly went bankrupt not a year ago?

Think you're nuts if you think Owen is going to be anything other than a backup in the absence of a major injury to that excellent young Mexican lad. The one thing which I am looking forward to is whether or not he'll do something to make you lot hate him again when he does leave you. He's a track record for that kind of thing. Predictable even. He's honestly not missed. Reviled, yeah. But not missed.

Not putting words into your mouth. I'm quoting directly from the book of Taggart. You've needed new midfielders for two seasons. This is not news. Replacements for Giggs, Scholes, Neville and VDS aren't something which have suddenly just been required. Hargreaves, maybe a case for doubt, but you'd think that a bit more cover would have been found a bit sooner rather than this last minute dash to find suitable replacements?

Think you're being forced to dance to someone else's tune this summer - the last minute bid for Jones is quite a coup and a good response to losing out on Henderson. I've said that you lot will be spending this summer and have the cash there to do so. Whether you can spend the full £160m... interesting to watch for sure.

Don't think anyone would call this Manchester United side 'great'. It's done well to win the league. Dragged through it by an excellent defence and a clinical taking advantage of the other challengers imploding quite spectacularly (Chelsea mid-season, Arsenal at the end). Oh, and yes, we had the worst start to a season in living memory. It's an objective statement I'm trying to make Scott, not subjective or comparing to the **** we turned out for the first half of the season.

Anyways, if you're positive that you never put a bid in for Henderson, won't change your mind arguing the toss here :)

re. Times and Sun. Yes, they have the same ultimate owner in Murdoch. They are however run totally separately. True story. Even NOTW is run by different journos to those who work on the Sun, though they do share the same direct senior management and advertising and marketing staff. Get your dad to explain it to you properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.