Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool fans did say that, you can deny it, but you dont speak for every liverpool fan i ever spoke to.

Yet I speak for the majority, Owen would never ever replace Fowler.

I never put a time span on it. certainly, Thats sounds close to 100% Again got a time machine there.

I said we will certainly get close, and we will. You don't have to believe me Scotty boy.

Utd never had a medical booked for him, Never had a bid accepted, Never even discussed personal terms with him, Yet you did with jones, They are not Similar in the slightest.

And you know we had a medical booked for Jones and discussed personal terms? Bollocks.

You think? You watched every minute of his Utd career? You have no idea, when he wa 20 and playing for utd, Scoring goals from Midfield, Stringing passes together, Interchanging with the forward players, He wasnt a passenger, you can pretend he was, but you have no idea, and i am sure tbh SAF Opinion > All of yours.

If Gibson isn't a passenger, what is he?

Can an admin close this, it's turned into the dumbest argument I have ever seen....

Yet I speak for the majority, Owen would never ever replace Fowler.

I said we will certainly get close, and we will. You don't have to believe me Scotty boy.

And you know we had a medical booked for Jones and discussed personal terms? Bollocks.

If Gibson isn't a passenger, what is he?

The Owen thing is boring, All i know is what i was told.

I dont believe i just find your over confidence typical of your club really.

Acutally he was booked in for a medical at Melwood this morning, that common knowledge, was to most anyway.

Gibson has become a passenger, hence why he is being sold, but wasnt always a passenger.

I agree, mod should close this now. Petty arguments, with Scott in it. Surprise eh.

I agree, mod should close this now. Petty arguments, with Scott in it. Surprise eh.

Oh please, let play the scott Card to hide the fact, I got involved in a discussion him and Zeb was having, and now ruin the thread, Good work :)

The Owen thing is boring, All i know is what i was told.

You were told wrong.

I dont believe i just find your over confidence typical of your club really.

Coming from a United fan. Really?

Acutally he was booked in for a medical at Melwood this morning, that common knowledge, was to most anyway.

Source? Or are you just going off twitter here?

Gibson has become a passenger, hence why he is being sold, but wasnt always a passenger.

He's never been good enough in my opinion, a passenger without doubt.

I am going out now, I'll let someone else carry on. Farewell Scott.

You were told wrong.

Coming from a United fan. Really?

Source? Or are you just going off twitter here?

He's never been good enough in my opinion, a passenger without doubt.

I am going out now, I'll let someone else carry on. Farewell Scott.

Have a nice day Ben....

My club has a reason to be confident, Like the last 20 years. Lets not go there.

Please, it is everywhere, this morning Liverpool fans where happy he is having a medical at Melwood, Blah blah blah... No it isnt true. LOL

You never properly seen him play, You clearly read a paper and saw a rating of 6 and thought, He is ****..

My club has a reason to be confident, Like the last 20 years. Lets not go there.

Lets not.

Please, it is everywhere, this morning Liverpool fans where happy he is having a medical at Melwood, Blah blah blah... No it isnt true. LOL

Your definition of everywhere = Twitter?

Lets not.

Your definition of everywhere = Twitter?

Oh Please... Just look through the Liverpool discussion thread, Ask people, Everyone was expecting it.. The news reports are even he picked us over you and arsenal

Yawn, stop the petty arguments ladies.

Edit - just to be clear on something, I enjoy the banter with Scott. Hope he enjoys it too. But it's silly taking it too far and having another daft thread with everyone calling each other allsorts for the mods to try and sort out. My last one. Think the lad's a very decent prospect and he was a Manchester United target (albeit not one they were expecting to have to try and get this summer) so it's nice to see us bidding for that kind of talent again rather than scouring around for freebies and taking big gambles on players to do a job.

Maybe he didnt sign for us, Is that we never went for him in the first place. We never decided to buy him.. Or we had a max price, lets say, we thought he was worth no more then 10million, David rang up Niall and he said we want 16. David says no thanks, we have other options. Doesnt mean he rejected us, or we couldnt afford it, we just see better value elsewhere.

You went to £13m plus player exchange. Funnily enough, that's what Blackburn are getting for Jones isn't it?

Well I am sure Berba will leave this summer, so Owen fighting for a place as 3rd choice with Macheda and Welbeck, i never said he would dis lodge him from the team, but we tend to rotate players to great effect.

That's been true while the squad has had depth and quality to that depth. True?

Off course Scholes, Giggs, Neville and VDS retiring isnt anything new to us, But we dont need to replace Neville( Rafael is there for the long haul), Giggs we have tried in recent summers with the signings of Bebe and Obertan, Which havent worked out at all for us, Even tried Tosic( if you remember that name.) So know Fergie has re- evaulated and going to sign someone ready, you know like he alway said he would do this summer. He said the summer of 2011 would be where he reshaped his squad again. So lets see him do it.

So Ferguson had every intention of reshaping his squad in 2011 as a long term plan but just happened to mess up a load of signings along the way and that's why he'll have to pay the better part of £30m for a replacement for an immediate replacement for Scholes as well as having to find a long term replacement for whoever replaces Scholes? He's a cunning old fox, isn't he?

Whos to say we shall spend it all, We might well spend lets say 80 of it. But with 80million put into out squad, Think how far we could go. Who is to say Jones is cause we missed out of Henderson, When no-one has said we gone for Henderson.

Hmm, £80m will get you your gk, the quality young defender you've been forced to buy lest he come to us, an immediate replacement for Scholes and a.n.other. In terms of squad depth, you're barely keeping up with replacing the players you're losing through retirement. You've also got a lot of players reaching the age where their backups should be beginning to start pressing claims for first team positions (Evra springs to mind). Actually think you might spend more than £80m Gross.

Serious and genuine question - is there a reason why the Brazillian twins never seem to get a full game? Might just be my perception, but they seem to get subbed off an awful lot.

This Man Utd team is going to be great, Mark my words, We won the league when we where in a transitional period, Through smart managing and your right clinical play. When was the last time i team when the league, when its best player didnt turn up for the first 25 games, Its top scorer spent half the season on the bench, Its best winger spent 6 months injured, Its big match players, spent 3 months out and to top it all of, 1/2 squad still can reach another level. Tell me that.

Thank you for agreeing with me. Objectively, the title was there for the taking by at least two other teams this season. But you've got a winning mentality in your squad, even if the strength in depth isn't there in the same way it used to be. Soooo... going back to the point, Anderson. £18m (that's without add-ons and at the exchange rate of the time according to Porto's accounts). Adequately holding your midfield together for big games yet? Gibson maturing into a maestro to replace Scholes?

I know how it works to the public eye, But i can tell you, the same articles are sent to the Senior Management team, and they are tampered with to link to either papaer.

Stories are passed between papers. Tends to be between stablemates (so Times would pass something on to Sunday Times). Sometimes stories are even sold to other newspapers or traded for other scoops. That's the industry. Doesn't mean the stories are written all by the same people moonlighting for other papers under false names to hide that they're actually someone else.

Last edited:
Thank you for agreeing with me. Objectively, the title was there for the taking by at least two other teams this season. But you've got a winning mentality in your squad, even if the strength in depth isn't there in the same way it used to be. Soooo... going back to the point, Anderson. £18m (that's without add-ons and at the exchange rate of the time according to Porto's accounts). Adequately holding your midfield together for big games yet? Gibson maturing into a maestro to replace Scholes?

The digs at Anderson are as tedious as United fans at Lucas. Both have been much improved this season and should continue to improve. The price we paid for Ando was extortionate but I have full faith in him, I think he will become a key player over the next few seasons.

Edit: quote fail, what a mug. *facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit - just to be clear on something, I enjoy the banter with Scott. Hope he enjoys it too. But it's silly taking it too far and having another daft thread with everyone calling each other allsorts for the mods to try and sort out. My last one. Think the lad's a very decent prospect and he was a Manchester United target (albeit not one they were expecting to have to try and get this summer) so it's nice to see us bidding for that kind of talent again rather than scouring around for freebies and taking big gambles on players to do a job.

You went to £13m plus player exchange. Funnily enough, that's what Blackburn are getting for Jones isn't it?

That's been true while the squad has had depth and quality to that depth. True?

So Ferguson had every intention of reshaping his squad in 2011 as a long term plan but just happened to mess up a load of signings along the way and that's why he'll have to pay the better part of £30m for a replacement for an immediate replacement for Scholes as well as having to find a long term replacement for whoever replaces Scholes? He's a cunning old fox, isn't he?

Hmm, £80m will get you your gk, the quality young defender you've been forced to buy lest he come to us, an immediate replacement for Scholes and a.n.other. In terms of squad depth, you're barely keeping up with replacing the players you're losing through retirement. You've also got a lot of players reaching the age where their backups should be beginning to start pressing claims for first team positions (Evra springs to mind). Actually think you might spend more than £80m Gross.

Serious and genuine question - is there a reason why the Brazillian twins never seem to get a full game? Might just be my perception, but they seem to get subbed off an awful lot.

Stories are passed between papers. Tends to be between stablemates (so Times would pass something on to Sunday Times). Sometimes stories are even sold to other newspapers or traded for other scoops. That's the industry. Doesn't mean the stories are written all by the same people moonlighting for other papers under false names to hide that they're actually someone else.

Funny enough i rate Jones as higher then Henderson and play in different positions, One is not a replacement signing for the other.

So With Berba Leaving and Macheda coming back, with Welbeck from Loans, Our squad will keep the depth and i expect owen to be used more.

Ferguson had every intention of re shapring the squad with a bigger over haul this season then usual, The signings on the way, Some havent worked ( Tosic) Some we are yet to see ( Bebe) and some where low risk gambles( Obertan, 3million) So have been master Strokes( Chicarito, Da twins) You win some you lose some, but i fully believe that the plan was to buy ready made replacements this summer with there back ups then fighting the ready made players. Like i expect Obertan to step it up this year.

We have a lot of players in our squad yet to really make there mark on the first team, Players like Matt James( was u19 capt), Ravel Morrison, then the players like Macheda and Welbeck to come back in, Last season we played with a lot of injuries, Dont forget young smalling was played way more then originally intended.

The Twins tend to play reserve games in midweek, to help there development, then either play or make the bench for the weekend games, this is as they need as many games as possible, When they came to us, they attacking qualities was clear, Typical Brazillian players, had the flair, speed, dribbling ability and confidence to try the ticks, but there defensive ability needed work, this is why Ferguson wanted them over at such a young age.. I honestly think they are the real deal, and expect both to stake a claim for starting berths this season.

If you read my Previous posts about Gibson, He is starting to lose it, Hence why he is being shipped out this season. Anderson actually does flourish in big games, he is the kind of ball winner, that never lets the players settle, You know a bit like Fletcher does for us, You know that role is under rated greatly, It is a key role for us.

Last edited:
Funny enough i rate Jones as higher then Henderson and play in different positions, One is not a replacement signing for the other.

So With Berba Leaving and Macheda coming back, with Welbeck from Loans, Our squad will keep the death and i expect owen to be used more.

Ferguson had every intention of re shapring the squad with a bigger over haul this season then usual, The signings on the way, Some havent worked ( Tosic) Some we are yet to see ( Bebe) and some where low risk gambles( Obertan, 3million) So have been master Strokes( Chicarito, Da twins) You win some you lose some, but i fully believe that the plan was to buy ready made replacements this summer with there back ups then fighting the ready made players. Like i expect Obertan to step it up this year.

We have a lot of players in our squad yet to really make there mark on the first team, Players like Matt James( was u19 capt), Ravel Morrison, then the players like Macheda and Welbeck to come back in, Last season we played with a lot of injuries, Dont forget young smalling was played way more then originally intended.

The Twins tend to play reserve games in midweek, to help there development, then either play or make the bench for the weekend games, this is as they need as many games as possible, When they came to us, they attacking qualities was clear, Typical Brazillian players, had the flair, speed, dribbling ability and confidence to try the ticks, but there defensive ability needed work, this is why Ferguson wanted them over at such a young age.. I honestly think they are the real deal, and expect both to stake a claim for starting berths this season.

If you read my Previous posts about Gibson, He is starting to lose it, Hence why he is being shipped out this season. Anderson actually does flourish in big games, he is the kind of ball winner, that never lets the players settle, You know a bit like Fletcher does for us, You know that role is under rated greatly, It is a key role for us.

0.o

The digs at Anderson are as tedious as United fans at Lucas. Both have been much improved this season and should continue to improve. The price we paid for Ando was extortionate but I have full faith in him, I think he will become a key player over the next few seasons.

Edit: quote fail, what a mug. *facepalm*

What digs at Anderson? He cost £18m four years ago. A similar price to "an over rated English punk" who Manchester Untied apparantly didn't think was value for money and so didn't bid on (according to Scott). I'm asking what Anderson is doing to justify the price tag. It seems that he still hasn't for many Manchester United supporters (sitting on the bench for a CL final when your midfield was being over-run was perhaps very telling). He's got years ahead of them though to further improve and get experience and develop into a fine player. That's what you bought wasn't it? The raw potential? That's what Henderson has. He's not the finished article. He's raw. But is he over-rated and overpriced? In terms of past transfers for top young talent, not really. The only real shock is that it's us paying for players in the £10m - £20m range as future prospects rather than you lot or Arsenal.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Ah k. Cheers Scott. Didn't know they were both still playing reserve games and then being asked to play first team on the weekends. That sounds nuts to me - not worried about seriously burning them out? Especially the lad who does get regular starts?

Macheda's future looks a bit iffy doesn't it? Hasn't really pushed on?

re. replacement signing. Not what I've said. Think it's more a case of an either/or choice. Your bid for Jones came very, very late and after Henderson deal was done. You don't think that a bid for Henderson was made. I'm pretty positive in honesty that one was made. Therein lies the nub of the issue.

Honest view on Anderson is that he's still nowhere near it regularly enough yet. Not to say he won't be in the future though. Been a rough development for him, and he's not quite the model professional Lucas is (who's had a similarly rough transition but seems to have handled it better). Point about Anderson is that he's in the same range of young, developing talents who four years after an £18m transfer still isn't the finished product.

Glad i went to the gym, tempted to cull the last 2 pages. in amongst the nonsense, did anyone answer my question as to what sunderland see in N'Gog?

Status
Not open for further replies.