Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this. 100% true and all. God was always the player everyone looked up to, he was the scouser that loved Liverpool and Liverpool loved him back. Owen didn't show half the desire.

I'd rather Henderson for the reported 13m and N'gog than Anderson for 18m.

The same " God" Who left for leeds( Granted was frozen out by Gerard) but dont remeber so much cosh back then, All i heard then was, " Owen is the new fowler anyway"

Anderson was undisclosed for a start like most of our deals, but the figure i got at the time was 14 million with add on to 18. Which he has probalaly done, as he has won so much. So come back to me in 4 years time and Henderson has done all of what Anderson has done.

And Off course your likely to want Henderson, Your biased, Next your going to tell me, You never wanted Jones.

The point I'm making isn't the amount of medals, it is that because someone has a medal, doesn't make them good.

I, personally, don't rate Anderson whatsoever.

The point i am making, Is he must of has something to be able to play that enough games to qualify for these medals. Ferguson doesnt do Passengers.

You know what I love about this thread, is that it's so obvious that Zeb is setting out to wind Scott up, and Scott bites every time. The only difference is that Zeb does it with correct grammar, and correctly, so he doesn't appear trollish.

Also, i'd say the introduction of the home grown quota add's value to English Players, purely for the fact that every club needs them. So, in effect, we're paying Sunderland a fee, whilst they also lose someone to fill their quota.

You're initial argument was that a Manchester United supporting player at Liverpool would somehow make us all eat ourselves up inside. It's nonsense because it no more does that than our knowing that Busby played for us, that Whelan supported you, that Carra was a bluenose, that Fowler was a bluenose, that Rush was a bluenose etc.... My point was that say Liverpool went in for, name at random here, Scott Dann. And he went to Arsenal even though he's got the opportunity to play for the team of his dreams. I'd find that a little odd, all other things being equal. Wouldn't you? When was the last time a player turned down CL football, better personal terms and the chance to play for the current league champions for a team which nearly went bankrupt not a year ago?

Think you're nuts if you think Owen is going to be anything other than a backup in the absence of a major injury to that excellent young Mexican lad. The one thing which I am looking forward to is whether or not he'll do something to make you lot hate him again when he does leave you. He's a track record for that kind of thing. Predictable even. He's honestly not missed. Reviled, yeah. But not missed.

Not putting words into your mouth. I'm quoting directly from the book of Taggart. You've needed new midfielders for two seasons. This is not news. Replacements for Giggs, Scholes, Neville and VDS aren't something which have suddenly just been required. Hargreaves, maybe a case for doubt, but you'd think that a bit more cover would have been found a bit sooner rather than this last minute dash to find suitable replacements?

Think you're being forced to dance to someone else's tune this summer - the last minute bid for Jones is quite a coup and a good response to losing out on Henderson. I've said that you lot will be spending this summer and have the cash there to do so. Whether you can spend the full £160m... interesting to watch for sure.

Don't think anyone would call this Manchester United side 'great'. It's done well to win the league. Dragged through it by an excellent defence and a clinical taking advantage of the other challengers imploding quite spectacularly (Chelsea mid-season, Arsenal at the end). Oh, and yes, we had the worst start to a season in living memory. It's an objective statement I'm trying to make Scott, not subjective or comparing to the **** we turned out for the first half of the season.

Anyways, if you're positive that you never put a bid in for Henderson, won't change your mind arguing the toss here :)

re. Times and Sun. Yes, they have the same ultimate owner in Murdoch. They are however run totally separately. True story. Even NOTW is run by different journos to those who work on the Sun, though they do share the same direct senior management and advertising and marketing staff. Get your dad to explain it to you properly :)

Maybe he didnt sign for us, Is that we never went for him in the first place. We never decided to buy him.. Or we had a max price, lets say, we thought he was worth no more then 10million, David rang up Niall and he said we want 16. David says no thanks, we have other options. Doesnt mean he rejected us, or we couldnt afford it, we just see better value elsewhere.

Well I am sure Berba will leave this summer, so Owen fighting for a place as 3rd choice with Macheda and Welbeck, i never said he would dis lodge him from the team, but we tend to rotate players to great effect.

Off course Scholes, Giggs, Neville and VDS retiring isnt anything new to us, But we dont need to replace Neville( Rafael is there for the long haul), Giggs we have tried in recent summers with the signings of Bebe and Obertan, Which havent worked out at all for us, Even tried Tosic( if you remember that name.) So know Fergie has re- evaulated and going to sign someone ready, you know like he alway said he would do this summer. He said the summer of 2011 would be where he reshaped his squad again. So lets see him do it.

Whos to say we shall spend it all, We might well spend lets say 80 of it. But with 80million put into out squad, Think how far we could go. Who is to say Jones is cause we missed out of Henderson, When no-one has said we gone for Henderson.

This Man Utd team is going to be great, Mark my words, We won the league when we where in a transitional period, Through smart managing and your right clinical play. When was the last time i team when the league, when its best player didnt turn up for the first 25 games, Its top scorer spent half the season on the bench, Its best winger spent 6 months injured, Its big match players, spent 3 months out and to top it all of, 1/2 squad still can reach another level. Tell me that.

I know how it works to the public eye, But i can tell you, the same articles are sent to the Senior Management team, and they are tampered with to link to either papaer.

The same " God" Who left for leeds( Granted was frozen out by Gerard) but dont remeber so much cosh back then, All i heard then was, " Owen is the new fowler anyway"

Where'd you get that one from? In Liverpool at the time was you? The majority of people were gutted but he was actually a good sale. I was fuming about him leaving but we got decent money for him and he never scored goals like he did at Liverpool. Maybe it was because he lost the desire after leaving Liverpool or maybe it was because of the off the field problems. Still, ask anyone in Liverpool which one is more of a Kop idol 99.9% will say God.

Anderson was undisclosed for a start like most of our deals, but the figure i got at the time was 14 million with add on to 18. Which he has probalaly done, as he has won so much. So come back to me in 4 years time and Henderson has done all of what Anderson has done.

Yeah Scott, 18m that's what I said. Liverpool will be back to haunt you Scott, don't worry about that.

And Off course your likely to want Henderson, Your biased, Next your going to tell me, You never wanted Jones.

I'll be honest, I think Jones for 16m is as good a deal as Henderson for 13m and N'gog. I'd have liked Jones here, although there are alternatives and I trust Kenny's judgement. It's likely we'll be signing 2 centre-halves this summer, certainly if Dagger and Soto leave, I though it'd have been Jones and Dann. I was dissapointed when I heard use were getting him, but there's plenty more fish in the sea.

The point i am making, Is he must of has something to be able to play that enough games to qualify for these medals. Ferguson doesnt do Passengers.

That a joke? Use have still got Darron Gibson..

You know what I love about this thread, is that it's so obvious that Zeb is setting out to wind Scott up, and Scott bites every time. The only difference is that Zeb does it with correct grammar, and correctly, so he doesn't appear trollish.

Also, i'd say the introduction of the home grown quota add's value to English Players, purely for the fact that every club needs them. So, in effect, we're paying Sunderland a fee, whilst they also lose someone to fill their quota.

Scotts Biting to what???? Scott is trying to have a discussion here over football....

Again My reputation flatters me, All i am doing is talking to another football fan.

I don't understand half of the arguement in this thread. If United really wanted Henderson, we'd have got him. I don't think we were willing to match Sunderland's valuation, but Liverpool were. The fact that you have offloaded N'gog is the more exciting news though for a 'pool fan surely? Wickham looks a real probability now

I don't understand half of the arguement in this thread. If United really wanted Henderson, we'd have got him. I don't think we were willing to match Sunderland's valuation, but Liverpool were. The fact that you have offloaded N'gog is the more exciting news though for a 'pool fan surely? Wickham looks a real probability now

Pleased that N'gog is leaving. Happy with Henderson joining. 13m isn't too large a sum of money. Would love Wickham to replace N'gog. :)

Wickham was coming in regardless, assuming he does join.

All the hate for Henderson, jeez, give him a chance!

Aye, Scott's getting destroyed by Zeb here.

And I'm the troll. I expect a better effort then that.

Where'd you get that one from? In Liverpool at the time was you? The majority of people were gutted but he was actually a good sale. I was fuming about him leaving but we got decent money for him and he never scored goals like he did at Liverpool. Maybe it was because he lost the desire after leaving Liverpool or maybe it was because of the off the field problems. Still, ask anyone in Liverpool which one is more of a Kop idol 99.9% will say God.

Yeah Scott, 18m that's what I said. Liverpool will be back to haunt you Scott, don't worry about that.

I'll be honest, I think Jones for 16m is as good a deal as Henderson for 13m and N'gog. I'd have liked Jones here, although there are alternatives and I trust Kenny's judgement. It's likely we'll be signing 2 centre-halves this summer, certainly if Dagger and Soto leave, I though it'd have been Jones and Dann. I was dissapointed when I heard use were getting him, but there's plenty more fish in the sea.

That a joke? Use have still got Darron Gibson..

I got it from the liverpool fans i spoke to at the time, i am not saying, Owen is loved more by the Liverpool fans, NEver even suggested it.

Okay mate, Nice Tardis you got there, to look into the future, I suggest you worry about getting here, before you say your be back soon... Is this going to be another Next year is our year Phrase.

In the same Way i trust Fergies Judgement, Why wouldnt I, He has after all won 12 league titles. And you did want Jones, he just picked us.

Lol, Gibson is being told to find a new club, and hardly played last year.... He did well for a time at us, when he was younger, but the back end of the 2010 season he started to drop and never recovered, hence why he is going to get sold.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Pleased that N'gog is leaving. Happy with Henderson joining. 13m isn't too large a sum of money. Would love Wickham to replace N'gog. :)

Wickham is the real deal, About 15month ago, i predicted he would be the next star of English football and a future England started, I stand by my prediction.

And I'm the troll. I expect a better effort then that.

I got it from the liverpool fans i spoke to at the time, i am not saying, Owen is loved more by the Liverpool fans, NEver even suggested it.

Okay mate, Nice Tardis you got there, to look into the future, I suggest you worry about getting here, before you say your be back soon... Is this going to be another Next year is our year Phrase.

In the same Way i trust Fergies Judgement, Why wouldnt I, He has after all won 12 league titles. And you did want Jones, he just picked us.

Lol, Gibson is being told to find a new club, and hardly played last year.... He did well for a time at us, when he was younger, but the back end of the 2010 season he started to drop and never recovered, hence why he is going to get sold.

You know, in the last few years almost every comment is classed as 'trolling', when in fact I'm making an observational comment.

Wickham was coming in regardless, assuming he does join.

All the hate for Henderson, jeez, give him a chance!

Then surely you'll be looking to bring in another striker to replace N'gog? I actually rate Henderson, I just think the valuation was a bit steep. I think he'll do well

13 Million plus N'Gog is a good price for Henderson. Liverpool wanted him so they matched Sunderland's valuation.

He wouldn't have improved our first 11 so we didn't go for him. In fact this summer I dont think there was any rumor linking him to us.

So I think good deal for all parties,

You said Liverpool fans reckoned Owen was 'the new Fowler'. That's a load of *****.

Not at all, because I am not expecting the league next year, but we'll certainly get close (at least) within 4 years.

In the same way United wanted Henderson?

Nah, Gibson has been an absolute passenger, the definition of it even for the last few seasons.

Overpaying for something that essentially doesn't matter, nationality.

You said Liverpool fans reckoned Owen was 'the new Fowler'. That's a load of *****.

Not at all, because I am not expecting the league next year, but we'll certainly get close (at least) within 4 years.

In the same way United wanted Henderson?

Nah, Gibson has been an absolute passenger, the definition of it even for the last few seasons.

Liverpool fans did say that, you can deny it, but you dont speak for every liverpool fan i ever spoke to.

I never put a time span on it. certainly, Thats sounds close to 100% Again got a time machine there.

Utd never had a medical booked for him, Never had a bid accepted, Never even discussed personal terms with him, Yet you did with jones, They are not Similar in the slightest.

You think? You watched every minute of his Utd career? You have no idea, when he wa 20 and playing for utd, Scoring goals from Midfield, Stringing passes together, Interchanging with the forward players, He wasnt a passenger, you can pretend he was, but you have no idea, and i am sure tbh SAF Opinion > All of yours.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Maybe you should change your comment thingy next to your name then...

And the fun it that would be... Everyone knows me now, You think that would chance a thing

Overpaying for something that essentially doesn't matter, nationality.

Yup, doesn't matter how many Home Grown players you have in your squad. Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.