So so so weird, 10 minutes ago I was about to post on this saying it should come back...

I was a silent reader for so long and this ended before I created an account! I am so glad this is back!! :D

I'd been thinking about it... pondering if I wanted to come back to this save and let ye know how I've been doing.
May not be as in-depth as the Liverpool story but It'll hopefully be received well.

Well even if you don't carry this on in detail, why don't you start another story? Do the Barca one you were going to do last year, the idea of that was brilliant!

Well even if you don't carry this on in detail, why don't you start another story? Do the Barca one you were going to do last year, the idea of that was brilliant!

There is still a huge challenge in this Barca' job since most of the Key players are in their mid 30's and the star youth players have been sold by the AI before I got here. I have to look for at least 10 replacements to be ready t slot into the 1st team in 2-3 years. Messi and Suarez are both 35 so they'll be retiring soon.

View attachment 282050

I've already identified long term targets while trying to promote from within since I don't have the same
spending power as Madrid.

Just sat and read the whole thread in the space of two hours, fantastic story and great presentation/dedication mate! best story on here! :)

Hopefully you continue with Barca or even start a new one!

You've used Coutinho as a false 9 to devastating effect in your last two liverpool stories, now Rodgers has done it in real life!! You must feel like a genius! :D

You've used Coutinho as a false 9 to devastating effect in your last two liverpool stories, now Rodgers has done it in real life!! You must feel like a genius! :D
Not going to lie: There was a murmur around to pub of "Jesus, fair play to Rodgers for taking Brendn's advice!" :p

Just sat and read the whole thread in the space of two hours, fantastic story and great presentation/dedication mate! best story on here! :)

Hopefully you continue with Barca or even start a new one!

Cheers mate. Glad you enjoyed it. There was a fair amount of drama this save since I missed out on so many trophies by the skin of my teeth. My next full save will be on FM16 but I'll be keeping this up to date with my Barca' career.

Cheers mate. Glad you enjoyed it. There was a fair amount of drama this save since I missed out on so many trophies by the skin of my teeth. My next full save will be on FM16 but I'll be keeping this up to date with my Barca' career.

Will the next one be a Liverpool save too? :D

The Magic Front 3

View attachment 281662
One the main motivations for taking the Barcelona Job was the opportunity to manage
this front three. And despite not winning the League in my first outing, I was mesmerised
by their attacking prowess.

View attachment 281652 View attachment 281651 View attachment 281650
Total.
Goals: 101
Assists: 60
PoM: 31

This devastating front line gave us a 74% win rate in the League but our
8 draws really cost us. Despite only loosing 2 games all season, Real Madrid
had a phenomenal season winning 30 games and dropping only 21 points; of
the available 114. There are huge Expectations at Barelona and this not winning
the League is considered a disaster but I knew that Madrid would not be able to
recreate a season like this. All I had to do was Keep the squad fit and happy; and
let them do their thing...

2021/22 Season.

The birth of something Beautiful.

View attachment 281649
An 82% win rate in the first half of the season set us up for a solid run in.
The Spanish Cup penalty loss to Athletic Bilbao was a shock; though they
played well enough to earn the result. This left the Cup for R.Madrid to
win back to back.

View attachment 281648View attachment 281647
The Champions League threw up a mouth-watering Semi-Final round.
Bacelona vs Manchester United
Liverpool vs PSG.

A repeat of the previous years final might be on the cards?

Barcelona 2-3 Man United

View attachment 281646
A 90+2 minute Kevin Volland goal sent us out in the Semi-Finals after a
dramatic second leg. Though this was the season where new Heroes
announced themselves to the Barcelona faithful. When it mattered most
in stepped Jorge Alvarez!

A €57M signing, Alvarez arrived at the club the same summer I was hired, meaning
we both had to find our feet at the same time. Now into his second season at the
club, his performances have been so good he's taken Messi's right-wing position
as I dropped the Argentine into a midfield playmaker role to try preserve the 35 year old's
career.

View attachment 281645
At only 23 years of age, he's already a world class forward with all the attributes to play
any role; out wide or through the middle. Alvares on the right, Neymar on the Left.....
Teams couldn't deal with them this season as we won the League with a 9 point gap at the top.

View attachment 281644

Last edited:
Congrats on the league but tough loss in the CL :( please tell me Liverpool went on to beat Man U in the final?

Replacing Suarez

How do you replace an Icon?

With Suarez now 35 years of age, I had noticed a major drop of in his performance last year.
Most of his game is based on being a human Terrier: Harassing every blade of grass for the ball
and letting nothing get past him without a fight. He chases every ball, Tries to finish every
chance and tries to set up every assist he can... This was going to take his toll as he reached
his 30's. So I'm left with the unenviable task of finding the man you'll replace him.... Which I did.

David de Menezes Teixeira
Heigh: 6'2"
Weight: 12st 12lb
Dominant Foot: Left
Nationality: Brazilian

View attachment 281643
View attachment 281642
By the very definition of the word, this boy is a Complete Forward. He's got pace, he's got strength,
He's got the height, he's got the ball control, finishing and composure to be A top, top European
Striker. And for only €25M......

YES!! Any interesting transfer activity or the like since you left them? And have they won the PL?

I mention what they've won in the first paragraph

Transfors: Regens mainly and I'm not screen-shotting 5 transfer windows worth of acquisitions/departures
The Squad is still essentially the one I left them with. A world class Goalkeeper (Who's now also a World champion sine England won the 2022 World Cup :p ) and one of the best midfields I've ever worked with in any FM.

Liverpool have done it in Istanbul again!

Quite the astute observation :p