I mention what they've won in the first paragraph

Transfors: Regens mainly and I'm not screen-shotting 5 transfer windows worth of acquisitions/departures
The Squad is still essentially the one I left them with. A world class Goalkeeper (Who's now also a World champion sine England won the 2022 World Cup :p ) and one of the best midfields I've ever worked with in any FM.

Sorry, should have gone back to check, glad to see they're still at the top! And fair enough about the transfers :p

Who ever voted down your story to 4/5 stars is a ****. Love the new direction you're taking!

Who ever voted down your story to 4/5 stars is a ****. Love the new direction you're taking!

Criticism means you're doing something right. I never trust anything if everyone only has good things to say about it :p

Just caught up with this. Great stuff mate...

Will keep an eye on this from now on.

Just read this whole story over the past few days and to say its inspiring is an understatement! It's possessed me to do a 4/5 year plan with Lyon and if it can be anywhere near as interesting as yours I'm in for a treat, thanks for the read mate!

Just read this whole story over the past few days and to say its inspiring is an understatement! It's possessed me to do a 4/5 year plan with Lyon and if it can be anywhere near as interesting as yours I'm in for a treat, thanks for the read mate!

Cheers mate. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Hope your Lyon story dose well.

Mid season update.

View attachment 274048

View attachment 274047
We've done quite well, scoring lots of goals and keeping quite a few clean
sheets but things are not looking great in the league. Madrid are having
one of those seasons where they just don't loose.

View attachment 274046
it's those 1-0 or 2-0 losses that have really hurt us so far this
season as Madrid have yet to loose a game. Though having score
and conceded the same amount of goals as them makes me think
there is still hope.

View attachment 274044View attachment 274045
We came through our group with relative ease; having qualified after 4 games.

View attachment 274043

Highlight performers

View attachment 274040
Scoring for fun!

View attachment 274039
Assisting for fun!

The following players are Barcelona youth products who have
broken/established themselves, into the first team

View attachment 274038

View attachment 274037

This kid has been performing very well with teh U18's and has
all the potential to be world class. I'll be trying to integrate
him into the first team to develop him more.

View attachment 274036

I keep forgetting this is an open thread. I love getting the odd notification that someone's liked a part of the story; makes me wonder if they've gotten to the heart break of loosing the title on the final day. :p

View attachment 258144
"Nope"

"I'm out"

"It's over, not happening"

These where the words I stood by for so long. the mental rigmarole inside my mind of many ideas.
I had designed an ending, a get-out clause; a way to avoid the errors of last year's '5 year plan'.
I had a lovely Liverpool story in FM14. I did quite well If i don't mind saying so.
I distinctly remember being praised for my destruction of Dortmund.

but alas, my writing got lazy and my update infrequent. I'd hit my wall and the story
just stopped being important to me. My thread has reaches 54 pages, 340 likes and
I was, well frankly, content to leave it there.

View attachment 258143

But I did not what this to happen to this story!

So upon being offered the Barca job, I designed
an exit story to wrap the saga up nicely.

Yes, it's over. It's over....

Yeah, I didn't buy it either.

As PatrickLFC said, everyone who ever loved this story, or will grow to love it (yeah, I'm assuming I'm getting new fans. Don't you hate me already!) has Lippo255 ‎to thank after his great thread FM Base Story Awards: Interest & Idea's Thread renewed my interest in this story.

A great way for all fans of this story to thank me would be to check out my story about the managerial career of Deportivo legend Manuel Pablo

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/260475-life-after-depor.html

I'm just saying, is all..... :p

My pre-seaosn went okay. Notching up a few wins as I played around with a few new ideas.

View attachment 258129
But then in the first competitive game of the season, we tastes disappointment.

View attachment 258128
View attachment 258127

We wanted revenge after that and duly got what we deserved but
a terrible start to the campaign made me seriously reconsider my tactical
approach.

View attachment 258126
View attachment 258125

15th. The league champions are sitting 15th 4 games in.
this was a disaster and I was quite embarrassed. We had
the champions League coming up and i was genuinely worried.

View attachment 258123
I reviewed my tactics and squad and decided now was the time to reinvent ourselves.

View attachment 258121
View attachment 258120

View attachment 258118
Well... the results speak for themselves.

View attachment 258115

Thank you Lippo! I expect to see some epic updates now from you, Mask, Jamie etc... :D