View attachment 298845
View attachment 298844
View attachment 298843
View attachment 298842

Mendez: It's with sadness in my heart that I leave Liverpool. Over my 6 years at this
club, I've grown a real affinity with both the city and it's fans. This is a huge club with one of
the most loyal fan bases in world football. I'm leaving only to return home, to Manage my
boyhood club but I will never for the this club!

In Mendez's 6 years at Anfield he won

Premier League
Winners:
2019/20

Runner up:
2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19

UEFA Europa League
Runner up:
2015/16

Capital One Cup
Winners:
2015/16, 2016/17, 2018/19, 2019/20

FA Cup
Winner:
2017/18

FA Comunity Shield
Winner:
2016/17, 2017/18

Fin

A lot of my time has been taken up by this story/save and I've not played much FM outside of this.

Must admit i know the feeling, still im surprised to see this end.

Im sure i speak for everyone when i say thank you for the hours of enjoyment this story has given us, cheers!

Bravo for a fantastic story. I'm still impressed by the effort you apply even for international comps and such. Glad to see you finally win and close out the story on a high. Can't wait to read more about the Kiwi excursion.

Would have been interesting to see how it went at Barcelona but it's a fitting end to what has been a fantastic story.

Keep the story going at Barcelona!

I would but then it wouldn't be a Liverpool Story :p

Must admit i know the feeling, still im surprised to see this end.

Im sure i speak for everyone when i say thank you for the hours of enjoyment this story has given us, cheers!

Cheers mate. That really means a lot to me. I've pretty much decided that this will be my flagship story each year to weed myself into FM each year. FM16's Liverpool story should be fun :)

Would have been interesting to see how it went at Barcelona but it's a fitting end to what has been a fantastic story.

Aye, I thought about it but I felt that leaving to go to Barcelona was the perfect ending to the story. I came in to bring the good time back to Liverpool. I not only did that, I gave them the one things they wanted most of all: The Premier League. Then I left on a high to go manage the team I grew up supporting, Barcelona. From a role playing aspect, it was perfect.

Anyway, I've a new project alongside 9 other FM-Base users about an 18 game League called teh FM-Base Premier League. I'd really love for this to be successful with a strong following and hopefully expand the idea and develop it to have something huge this site could do as a community in FM16.

View attachment 699758
View attachment 699759
I took my first training session with Liverpool today and had an opportunity
to see the players up close and personal. I've got quite a talented squad though
there is an issue with their ability: Their best days are either behind or ahead of them!

The likes of Steven Gerrard, Kolo Touré and Brad Jones are in the twilight of their
careers and are slowly in decline. They will not be able to produce the same heroics,
especially from Steven Gerrard, that we have become accustomed to seeing

View attachment 699760

The opposite could be said for quite a few members of the squad. Raheem Sterling and
Coutinho's
performances last season elevated them firmly into the
first team but they still have a lot of potential to fulfill.

View attachment 699761
We have a very good goalkeeper in Simon Mignolet however he lacks that
dominating and verbal presence in the box to truly allow him to be labeled as
world class. I'll be spending a lot of time on the training ground helping him become
more vocal and use his good handling skills to come claim crosses. A back line defends
as a unit so Mignolet needs to become more pronounced and make himself known.

View attachment 699762
I did notice that Mignolet has good positioning, Agility, One-on-ones and Concentration,
these attributes are clear to see after 30 minutes on the training ground so I decided to
do a little experiment: I had Raheem Sterling stand at to the corner flag, take the ball
into the box and try to dribble around Mignolet: scoring into the far post. The results confirmed
what I thought, he has the footwork and concentration required to stop shots at close range.
Against the skillful forwards of Manchester City and Chelsea, this could be invaluable since they
like to go one-on-one

View attachment 699763
A player I am quite excited about is Jasús Joaquíne Fernández Sáez de al Torre...
better known as Suso

View attachment 699764
The boy has an exceptional Left foot. Skillful with technique as good as any player in
the Premier League, with proper guidance, this kid could be absolutely world class.
Suso, Sterling and Coutinho is a trio I'll be looking to culture and grow into a
feared midfield unit.

I will be following this
o.png

Loved your story and how you are concentrating on wonderkids just as me! (I'm getting different wonderkids though). And I'm playing 4-3-3 too! (although a different one)

I'll have to get Doumbia though...

This is quite literally the best story I have ever read, so inspirational to start my own! (I'm an avid silent reader btw)

Just sat and read this over the last few days, Absolutely phenomenal story!! Really really good read and I will look out for any more stories you make!

Please continue as Barcelona!! It'll be such a good story to continue

View attachment 282142In July 2014, Javier Mendez was appointed Manager of Liverpool F.C.
Mendez would go down in History as the man who reignited the
dreams after 30 years of pain. Now firmly into a second Golden era,
Mendez laid the groundwork for current manager Josep "Pep" Guardiola
who in his first two years at the club would not only retain the Premier
League, they'd win back to back UEFA Champions Leagues.

Their first of which was against Mendez's Barcelona as he guided
the Catalan side to his first Champions League Final appearance.

View attachment 282136

View attachment 282135
This was not the only heart-ache Mendez would have to suffer
in his first season with the Spanish Giants. Conceding in the
82nd minute away to Villarreal meant the Title went to Real Madrid.
Barcelona had won the previous 6 League Titles back-to-back so
this was not a good start to Mendez.

View attachment 282127
Despite scoring a phenomenal 92 points in his first season, 8
draws meant that the Title left Barcelona for the first time
in 6 years.

The Spanish Cup was just as unforgiving

View attachment 282125

In the space of 2 weeks, Barcelona had lost out on 3 trophies.
Crisis talks were in the air and Mendez was given 5 games to
save his job. "10 points from 15 or you're gone!"...