Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.

I'm been so busy on my story this is the 1st I've seen of this! Your lay-out is beautiful, it's a joy to read Brendn! Keep it up!

2 questions. 1) Are you pasting from word, or is this all done using the FM Base comment poster (if so, I commend you!)?

2) What program/app are you using to crop your SS's? I'm looking to start cropping mine similar to yours.

Not a bother mate. I'm a fan our your Ajax story so I'm glad you've been busy with it :P
Thanks for the compliments, I've always enjoyed playing around with images so it's fun for me.

Question 1. Answer: Nope, All done in the FM base comment poster. I make full use of the "upload images" feature to put my stamp on the story though.

Question 2. Answer: I'm using Photoshop myself (Gimp2 is a freeware alternative) to edit the screenshots. A handy tip, pressing "print screen" key on the keyboard copies whatever is being displayed ontot he clipboard so you can then "past" it into paint/Photoshop, ect. From there, I just edit the Aesthetics from there. Feel free to take any ideas you get from here. I've been messing around with my layout trying to find the right balance ballence between visually appealing and fun to make.

19M from sturridge is a good value.Since you are close enough to challenge the title, you MUST do your best!February was a positive month. To be honest though, I am disappointed with the capture of Sasaki, unless you sell him for some money in order to make a profit. Finally, even though Markovic and Vietto are really good players (and they will help you) I believe you should be aiming to create an "english" liverpool team. I fully support you as a liverpool fan and I am just commenting. Well, now that I am thinking about it, I am criticizing. I should be criticizing you!You are the liverpool head coach!lol
Bring some english players you c**t!!! (sorry if you found that offensive, it is not my intention, I mess around just for the laughs. I would stop if asked)

Anyway, I will be waiting for the next update, which will hopefully be positive. Let's pray for some decent youth intake

cheers

19M from sturridge is a good value.Since you are close enough to challenge the title, you MUST do your best!February was a positive month. To be honest though, I am disappointed with the capture of Sasaki, unless you sell him for some money in order to make a profit. Finally, even though Markovic and Vietto are really good players (and they will help you) I believe you should be aiming to create an "english" liverpool team. I fully support you as a liverpool fan and I am just commenting. Well, now that I am thinking about it, I am criticizing. I should be criticizing you!You are the liverpool head coach!lol
Bring some english players you c**t!!! (sorry if you found that offensive, it is not my intention, I mess around just for the laughs. I would stop if asked)

Anyway, I will be waiting for the next update, which will hopefully be positive. Let's pray for some decent youth intake

cheers

Aye, I want to challenge for the title. It's a little early in the plan though, wasn't expecting to be in a position ot fight for the title for maybe another 2 years.I'll be giving it my all though!! :)

I initially thought against it and wanted to keep Sturridge but his form is very up and down. Won't score for weeks and them bang in a hat-trick! I can't rely on him and his Long-Shot PPM makes him a liability to play as a loan forward. 19M was a great price so I let him go.

Almost half my first team squad is English and my most promising youngsters are English :P
Liverpool Squad 2014/15 (Pre-deadline day signings)

Sasaki is a decent capture, he can do a good job I feel. I didn't sign him for the first team though so don't worry there. He's there as a squad player but his attributes are great for a Supporting striker.

An English Liverpool team is something I don't have much of an interest in really. I have a lot of English players because I like having a strong domestic player basis but I won't pick an English man just because he's English, I like a good international representation as well.

To the previyou have previous comment i would say you have a lot of english players, certainly compared to me. Im currently in the 2022/23 season and about 1/3 (11/30) of my squad are english and my domestic player bias is at 1%! ONE!
your still doing really well. i didnt win anything till the 2020/21 season (when i won the fa cup) then the following season (2021/22) i won the quadruple - fa cup, premier league, champions league and the community shield. Now midway through 2022/23 season and lost both super cup and community shield, but won club world cup. That all took me 10 or so years so you're doing really well!

Hey Brendn, I just read what you said to Maximus and It's much MUCH easier to use "alt + f9" to take screenshots as you dont have to edit out the task bar. I do this for the Napoli Pass the Parcel save and when I did my Cardiff save. Hope this helps/enlightens you :)

Nice story, i have read all the 33 pages when i was waiting for the dishwasher to be done. KIU

Hey really like your story. It's really good but how do you get Suarez to score so many. With me he barely ever scores.

Great story mate. Always a say day when Gerrard retired! :'( Hoping I can replicate your success in the Liverpool story I have started!

Nice story, i have read all the 33 pages when i was waiting for the dishwasher to be done. KIU

Haha, Keeping poepl entertained while doing household chores, that's the dream!!!!
Glad you're enjoying the story.

Hey really like your story. It's really good but how do you get Suarez to score so many. With me he barely ever scores.

Thanks mate. The key for Suarez to score is to give him good service. I'm a huge believer in "strikers finish, midfield creates; If you asking one side to do both jobs, you're not going to have much success."

I tend to play him as a Trequarsta simply because I've found he hangs off the back four and finds great pockets of space. If the ball comes cleanly to his feet, he is excellent at beating his man and getting a shot away.

Make sure you're midfield is cohesive and creating the chances, then Suarez will put them away

Great story mate. Always a say day when Gerrard retired! :'( Hoping I can replicate your success in the Liverpool story I have started!

Sound man. I'm really enjoying this save. Rossitier is developing faster than I expected so I'm not that worried about Gerrard retiering. He's been a massive player for me though in these three years but Henderson is more than able to take his place with his dynamic running and insane levels of stamina.

It's funny, I wouldn't consider this save to be all that successful :P I got lucky with my path to the Champions League final win but I've lost 3 finals. I could be in a very commanding position but my insistences on going with youth has led to consistency problems. Still, this save is great fun :)

really sorry for the lack of updates.

I had to sit 3 exams last weeks so I've been flat out studying and had no time to play FM. Having a well deserved break for the weekend and will hopefully complete March by monday/tuesday.

Thanks for your help. Managed to get him to score by playing him as F9 or inside forward. Looking forward to next update.

Loving the story so far, would be fitting to see Gerrard win the title in his final season.

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 418043View attachment 418042
A huge month behind us with some great results. Not loosing to either of the London sides has get us up for a title challenge! As well as a record breaking away win against Dortmund, March was one to remember.

View attachment 418041
View attachment 418040

View attachment 418039
View attachment 418032

View attachment 418031
View attachment 418030
Got away with murder here. Should have been well beaten! ter Stegen earned his wages this week!

View attachment 418029
View attachment 418028
Marc-Andre ter Stegen put in a heroic display, saving a Frank Lampard Penalty to keep a clean sheet.
I could give out about our missed chances and say we should have won but lets face it, Chelsea could probably say the same and will feel even more hard done by. The two Goalkeepers kept both sides firmly in the game.

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418020
My oh my, oh my oh my! :)

Champions League: Round Semi-Final
View attachment 417989

League Table
View attachment 417994

Destroying Dortmund: How I did it

View attachment 417981View attachment 417983View attachment 417985
The first thing I did, before deciding how I'd approach this game, was to check Dortmund's recent results.

View attachment 417974
After analyzing these games, I noticed a trend.
Most of their advanced play was initiated by Ilkay Gundogan.

View attachment 417968
View attachment 417963
Dortmund have lined up as a 4-3-3 in 4 of their last 5 games so I felt confident I'd see them use this formation against me.

View attachment 417960
1. I've noticed De Jong and Mkhitaryan operating in an classic 9 and 10 role: De Jong was the furthest forward, led the line and used his strength and height to won the ball while Mkhitaryan dropped deeper and offered overlapping runs. They did not offer much creatively and very much relied on Gundongan to play both of them in.

2. Sven Bender, tended to operate in a Deep role, mainly being used as a Holding midfielder and securing possession before passing. Gundongan was clearly the central player responsible for forward play. If I could keep him quiet, I can render Dortmund impotent.

View attachment 417957Both Lucas and Alonso missed this match through suspension so I decided to play Gerrard and Henderson in DCM roles. Gerrard has the mental and technical attributes to execute the HB role perfectly and Henderson's dynamism and energy will that vital link between midfield and defense

Glen Johnson at CB was a move I was forced to make after Martin Kelly went off injured during the Chelsea game.

It was Henderson's job to Man-Mark Gundongan and keep him quiet. With his insane stamina and natural fitness, I knew he had the energy to keep close to him for the full 90.

Gerrard would drop back while defending at act as the 3rd CB to nullify the roaming runs of Mkhitaryan while Shawcross and Johnson would deal with De Jong.

I instructed Coutinho to Man Mark Sven Bender to disrupt Dortmund's Attacking shape and remove the "safe" out ball.

I employed Coutinhio in a Sporting Striker role since I wanted to encourage Bender to mark him, forcing him deep into his own half; isolating Gundongan while Suarez was given a Complete Forward role to be a pain in Dortmund's ***.

Meaning this is what the pitch looked like with both teams playing.

View attachment 417949
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]View attachment 417940[/TD]
[TD]View attachment 417934[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

As you can see, Gundogan had a horrible game, getting substituted soon afterwards. Bender played well since he marked Coutinhio well but with Suarez, Brant & Markovic running overlapping line, Coutinho was spoiled for choices when creating chances. We had them playing nervously and this was reflected in the 3 penalties they gave away.

And with a 7-2 away win, the tie is effectively over.

Love your work on this story, mate! How long does photoshopping new players you sign with Liverpool shirts take you per image?

Back