Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.

Love your work on this story, mate! How long does Photoshopping new players you sign with Liverpool shirts take you per image?

It doesn't take that long, maybe 5-10 mins for each signing. I'm a sucker for realism so I try to make it as immersive for myself as possible.

Though I did get lazy and didn't do it at the start of this season but I'm planning on bringing it back for the 2016/17 Season

Amazing story so far, mate - although I despise Liverpool (the irony is my best save on FM12 was with them :@)

Nice analysis of the Dortmund game as well - I usually just put out my best team against them with a fluid tactic - if they don't have Lewandowski, they can't deal with my team!

It doesn't take that long, maybe 5-10 mins for each signing. I'm a sucker for realism so I try to make it as immersive for myself as possible.

Though I did get lazy and didn't do it at the start of this season but I'm planning on bringing it back for the 2016/17 Season

I totally feel you there, mate :) Are you available for hire to contribute for someone else's story?

wow what a month can't wait til the end of the season to see what you win keep it up loving this so far

wow what a month can't wait til the end of the season to see what you win keep it up loving this so far

what instructions do you give suarez i cant seem to get the best out of him sturridge is better on my game

That tactical analysis of the dortmund game, was just pure and sheer brilliance! very clever indeed! :)

That tactical analysis of the dortmund game, was just pure and sheer brilliance! very clever indeed! :)

Thanks a million mate, It's not often my plans work so sweetly: Set my team out to counter their strengths, while utilizing my own and completely tore the team apart because of it. Felt good :)

Now i know how Benitez felt at full time in Istanbul :P

Last edited:
I love the tactical planning you gave us against Dortmund too! It really adds a lot to the depth and realism, while also educating players on how to weaken oppositions. It's like a creative and informative link between the story forum, and the tactical forum. Brilliant!

(Will be stealing this for my next save!) :D

Amazing stuff against Dortmund! I think the biggest plus was glossed over. 2.8 for Subotic?! You must have destroyed him!

It still annoys me as a Chelsea fan I look forward to this so much.

Was wondering how Noakes was doing!

View attachment 417480View attachment 417479

View attachment 417478
View attachment 417477
Luis Suarez continued his remarkable goalscoring run and kept us toe-for-toe with a resilient Wigan before Sterling dramatically gave Liverpool the lead in the 2nd minutes of injury time.

View attachment 417476
View attachment 417475
With a 7-2 lead from the first-leg, I took this game as an opportunity to test some of my younger fringe players.
Jamie Delaney (GK), Elliot Ball (CB), Pedro Chirivella (DM), Jorban Ibe (RW) & Harry Wilson (LW) all started and held well against a Dortmund side desperate to score as many as they could to keep their Champions League ambitions alive. A 3-1 score is flattering to the German side, we played rather well and created many opportunities.

View attachment 417474
View attachment 417473

View attachment 417469
View attachment 417468

League Table
View attachment 417458

Sadly, the title is gone. I have United to play on the final day but I needed them to loose a game in the run in. Now with a 5 point gap, it's mathematically impossible. All I can do now is aim for 2nd, try to beat United on the final day of the season and deny them their 4th consecutive title.

I love the tactical planning you gave us against Dortmund too! It really adds a lot to the depth and realism, while also educating players on how to weaken oppositions. It's like a creative and informative link between the story forum, and the tactical forum. Brilliant!

(Will be stealing this for my next save!) :D

By all means mate, feel free to use the ideas. I find it good fun doing out the diagrams and thinking out way but but my tactical ideas into the story.

Amazing stuff against Dortmund! I think the biggest plus was glossed over. 2.8 for Subotic?! You must have destroyed him!

It still annoys me as a Chelsea fan I look forward to this so much.

Was wondering how Noakes was doing!

Hahaha, I didn't really do anything to Subtic, he gave away 3 penalties so I think he did that to himself :P
Shows how much I unsettled them though for him to make three bad challenges like that.

Noakes is doing well. Not setting the stage on fire during his loan move but his stats have improved. He needed the game time and a full season at Premier League level was what he got with Wigan.

At this point, how many league goals do Suarez have to his tally? Seems like his name is on the scoresheet for every game! :D

I love the kit you have designed for liverpool. bad luck on losing out on the title but hope you win your 2nd CL trophy.
as always really enjoying this story.

great editing and great story

Sound man

I love the kit you have designed for liverpool. bad luck on losing out on the title but hope you win your 2nd CL trophy.
as always really enjoying this story.

Thanks, I designed them back at the start of the season, thought it'd be fun since the game told me I got a new Kit sponsorship deal.

any advice on how you pick up and find good youngsters?

Be on the look out for kids with high Determination, Work-rate and Physical stats. Technical stats can be trained later, you need to find people who have the psychical ability to play. Don't want to wind up in an Owen Hargreaves scenario.

Back