Aye, I've had decent results with them but I find it hard to get the right balance. I have PI (player instruction) given to a few guys, ie. my full-backs have "get forward often" and my F9 has "holds up the ball" but overall, I don't want that much individual freedom since I like my teams playing a compact, team-based based game.

It's all about your vision for how you want the team to play. I like to see a lot of passes, (not Barca-esqu football, I don't want to imitate anyone) but I want to see the ball being moved around a lot. Stretching from wing to wing with a patient approach so I usually have "play wider, shorter passing, look for the overlap and pass into space" picked. That's the way I like to play football.
I have a skilled striker just to play like that, but I have a variation. Running direct at defence can be effective in some games. I never keep PI in tactic, I set it individually in every match according to how I want to exploit opposition's weakness. Slow defenders, Dribble more and so on.

Left my save-file at work over the weekend so there will be no updates until Monday/Tuesday.

Hey great story mate.

Do you have screenshots of the young lads? (Ibe,Sinclair,Sterling,Suso,Chirivella,Rossiter,..?)

View attachment 425668View attachment 425667
It would be too easy to sit and say it was a poor month. Results didn't go our way but there is no crisis in the camp. Being beaten by one goal dose not mean much. I feel our problem is not that we've faced better teams, our problem is were not showing how good we are. Scoring goals is our problem and that's been letting down our impressive defensive displays.

View attachment 425666
View attachment 425665
Olympiakos had possession and kept it well, meaning that we needed to to take the chances we were given but failed in that task. Scoring goals has been difficult for me this season.

View attachment 425664
View attachment 425663
A screamer of a free-kick meant we shared the points here. I have no real complaints with this result, we moved the ball well but Brad Guzan was in great form and kept out all but Coutinhio's first half effort.

View attachment 425659
Marc ter Stegen is out with an injury, only hours before our match with Chelsea. Frasier Forster pulled up 2 days beforehand, meaning Ryan Fulton, the 19 year old Scott, makes his Liverpool debut against Chelsea at Standofrd Bridge

View attachment 425662
View attachment 425656
I set myself up to not loose. Away from home without my 1st or 2nd choice keeper, but Fulton proved himself a competent Goalkeeper and has earned a place on my bench when ter Stegen is full fit again.

View attachment 425655
View attachment 425654
Caught from a cheeky cross and Ibrahimovic proved why he is Europe's most fearsome traveled striker.
Very even game but sadly, PSG proved too strong and do the double over my side. My 3rd loss but remarkably, still find myself 2nd group, setting up a winner-takes-all showdown with Lokomotiv Moskow.

View attachment 425643
View attachment 425639
The game tells me ter Stergen missed catching a cross but I felt it was a fantastic cross, either way we lost and dropped places in the table.

View attachment 425632
My defense has been fantastic so far, conceding only 11 goals in 13 games but scoring has been where I've been having trouble. Still early days, so much to play for and despite sitting 7th, I'm pleased with our start.

View attachment 425628
I've been disappointed and feel undeserving of the title "defending champions." Defensively, we've been doing well but up front, we're been utterly poor and need to improve.

Last edited:
Key Man out for 3 months

View attachment 425521
Philippe Coutinhio is out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle. Huge loss as he's one of my main creative
players and contributes a lot of assists.

Poor form happens mate, bad injury on top of that. I just broke my laptop's screen after punching it in frustration while bad form. Good luck for next month.

December

View attachment 425478View attachment 425453

View attachment 425474
View attachment 425472

View attachment 425471
View attachment 425469

View attachment 425468
View attachment 425467
We spent pretty much the entire game with 10 men yet dominated and secured a vital win. It was a winner takes all: Winner takes Champions League, Looser takes Eurpoa League

FIFA Club World Cup
View attachment 425466
View attachment 425465
View attachment 425464
View attachment 425463

View attachment 488173
View attachment 425462
View attachment 425460
Luis Suarez
View attachment 425461
Luis Suarez is quickly becoming a legend at Liverpool F.C. scoring 89 goals in 162
appearances for the Merseyside club.

View attachment 425459
View attachment 425458

View attachment 425457
View attachment 425456

View attachment 425455
View attachment 425454

League Table
View attachment 425446

Champions League: Group Stage

Relegated from Europe
Allsvenskan1pts
Olympiakos4pts
Vitesse4pts
AS Nancy Lorraine3pts
Slovan Bratislava6pts
Hamburger S.V.1pts
Partizan Belgrade3pts
R.S.C. Anderlecht3pts

Relegated to UEFA Europa League
Fiorentina7pts
Lokomotiv Moscow5pts
Besiktas8pts
Sevilla7pts
Steaua Bucharest6pts
AS Saint-Etienne9pts
Galatasaray7pts
S.K. Rapid Wien5pts

Qualified for next round
Group Winners
Group Runners-Up
Real Madrid15ptsStuttgart11pts
Paris Saint-Germain16ptsLiverpool9pts
Shakhtar13ptsF.C. Porto8pts
Chelsea13ptsDortmund11pts
Manchester UNited18ptsSpartak Moscow6pts
Atletico Mardid15ptsBenfica10pts
Juventus13ptsF.C. Bayern Munich12pts
Barcelona16ptsManchester City10pts

First Knockout Round
View attachment 425445

Final Venue - Millennium Stadium
View attachment 425444
Capacity: 74,500
Dimensions: 120 m ? 79 m

Last edited:
almost perfect mate!!!with 2 wins you will be 4 points behind arsenal.

almost perfect mate!!!with 2 wins you will be 4 points behind arsenal.

I'd love to get a title challenge going! Consistency has been hard to come by. I've managed to get the team scoring again but that mid season blip may have cost me a genuine challenge for the title. Still, I'll keep fighting and see where I end up.

Realy enjoy this story:) sad about the United game, but we still just remember the CL victory!:)

Transfer Window

In-comings

View attachment 424601
View attachment 424597
The next Peter Shilton! I think I over spent on him but I wanted to get a young English Keeper into the club early.

View attachment 424596
View attachment 424595
Very decent player, a St.Patrick Athletic regen who Newcastle signed for ?170K. I spotted his potential and snapped him up for ?350K soon afterwards. He's already good enough to be my No.2 and take cup games and I feel he'll provide great competition for ter Stegen.

View attachment 424592View attachment 424591
I felt we lacked quality on the right. Sterling is a great prospect but he needs the competition and Markovic's style of play really suits what I want my wide men to do!

View attachment 424590View attachment 424589
Good solid back up player. I feel he could operate well as an Attacking Midfielder or a Supporting Striker.

View attachment 424587
View attachment 424586
View attachment 424585
The kid's record speaks for itself. At just 22 years of age, he's already amassed an impressive 55 goals in 142 league appearances. I feel he can only get better and with the quality of players he'll now be training with, we could have another Argentinian sucsess story in Europe.

Outgoings

View attachment 424584
Daniel Sturridge
View attachment 424583
I hadn't intended on selling him since he was a good rotation player but he was never going to replace Suarez. He tended to be a bit selfish on the ball and often overlooked the better passing options but I liked him as a player, he chipped in with some important goals: 32 goals in 69 league appearances.

View attachment 424582
Jose Enrique
View attachment 424580
After singing both Shaw and Kurzawa, there was no room for an aging Enrique so I decided to let the 30 year old go.

Feburary

View attachment 424566View attachment 424565

View attachment 424564
View attachment 424562

View attachment 424561
View attachment 424560

View attachment 424559
View attachment 424558
Outplayed. We simply weren't good enough on the day and deserve to go out of the Cup.
First year I haven't appeared in a domestic Cup Final.

View attachment 424556
View attachment 424555
Suarez had an off game but we came out with a 2-1 win. Need to grab an away goal to cancel out theirs.

View attachment 424554
View attachment 424553

View attachment 424552
View attachment 424551
Huge result in a ding-dong game. I felt we evenly match City and deservedly shared the points.

League Table
View attachment 424550
It's going to be an exciting end to the season.
9 games left to play and only 7pts separate 1st from 7th. The race for the title is still wide open!

I'm been so busy on my story this is the 1st I've seen of this! Your lay-out is beautiful, it's a joy to read Brendn! Keep it up!

2 questions. 1) Are you pasting from word, or is this all done using the FM Base comment poster (if so, I commend you!)?

2) What program/app are you using to crop your SS's? I'm looking to start cropping mine similar to yours.