Liverpool keen to buy new players

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool chairman Tom Werner says Kenny Dalglish will be given funds to strengthen the squad at Anfield.

More...

Halfway through the window already, and not a singing made? Best pull your finger out Kennnny!

Sit back. Relax. And have a cuppa. A lot of work behind the scenes to get signings done. Warnock on loan is imminent, and Suarez rumoured to be very close.

Just chill lads.

Sit back. Relax. And have a cuppa. A lot of work behind the scenes to get signings done. Warnock on loan is imminent, and Suarez rumoured to be very close.

Just chill lads.

I still don't understand why they would want to loan us Warnock? Isn't he their captain? :S

I still don't understand why they would want to loan us Warnock? Isn't he their captain? :S

Petrov, Reo Coker both ahead of him in the pecking order. I've heard that Houllier wants all the players to be based in Birmingham, *Awaits for GodCubed to come in and correct me* but Warnock doesn't want to uproot himself and his family. Practically a done deal that he will be with us on loan until the end of the season.

Not a great signing, but Warnock > Konchesky. Clearly FSG have indentified where we need strengthening and are prioritising the positions for now, this way we've solved the LB issue until the end of the season without spending a penny.

c'mon suarez ! so hope he's joining
winger and left back and i'll be happy :)

They feel sorry for us for playing Konchesky.

Luis Suarez is immenant!

Looks liek around 20million and babel on loan or maybe even permanent

Ashley young/ downing are our next targets for the winger position

Stephen warnock will sign on loan until end of season shortly :)

I wonder how much they are going to splash..hopefully players from other leagues. It's always nice to get stars from other leagues to the prem.

Last edited:
Ill put money on us signing suarez...

babel wants to go ajax.. we need a striker.. suarez wants to come liverpool... henry met his agent last night and only thing is a fee.. but ajax are in debt and really cant afford not too sell

looks all good

Ill put money on us signing suarez...

babel wants to go ajax.. we need a striker.. suarez wants to come liverpool... henry met his agent last night and only thing is a fee.. but ajax are in debt and really cant afford not too sell

looks all good

and where has u got zis information from?

If Liverpool sign Suarez, it surely will be a huge amount. Around 30m. As Ajax coach said..
But i doubt their owner want to splash to much.

If Liverpool sign Suarez, it surely will be a huge amount. Around 30m. As Ajax coach said..
But i doubt their owner want to splash to much.

Called haggling. We want 30 million, we'll give you 15, we want 25, we'll give you 20...done.

ITK's.

If Liverpool sign Suarez, it surely will be a huge amount. Around 30m. As Ajaz coach said..

We offered £17m Monday night, Ajax accepted this, now gone back on this and holding out for £27m. Rumour has it that it will be around £17m and Babel going in the opposite direction.

Watch this space.

babel said on his twitter he would love return too ajax... henry meetin agent is on bbc and also on jorno on twitter... suarez had an interview and said he would like to go and has told ajax... and everyone knows ajax are in debt
But i doubt their owner want to spalsh to much.

30million euros is what they wanted = 26mil i think so 20 plus babel will cut it

Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo has emerged as a back-up option for Liverpool if their move for £20 million-rated Luis Suarez fails to materialise, according to The Times.

lul.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLjwRuOoakI"]YouTube - In the Know: Tottenham Transfer Exclusive[/ame]

Its about Tottenham, but it applies here ;)