Liverpool players back me, claims Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weakness for stupid people. I think I am doomed to spend the rest of my life trying to make them see sense...

I continue to take the lure of Scott (less than I used to) and CJACKO when they tell me how ***** Liverpool are compared to everyone else, I am as bad :$

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

well i aint commented on maxi and think kuyt is a very hard worker as said before. i feel with this "poor squad" as roy and fellow pundits say rafa left him there is a top 7 squad agree?

Squad, I am not sure, team, definitely. If Woy continues to play his route one football though, rather than to feed balls into channels for Torres, top half is a big ask.

8 of the players that took part in the game against Wolves were involved in the 4-0 demolition of Real Madrid at Anfield...

yes and i know we have lost big players masch,alonso in the mid but im sure u will agree the bench he had v wolves was half decent and to create what we did over 90 mins (not alot) was very poor the team could have looked so different i mean kuyt left??? when babel and cole on bench?

yes and i know we have lost big players masch,alonso in the mid but im sure u will agree the bench he had v wolves was half decent and to create what we did over 90 mins (not alot) was very poor the team could have looked so different i mean kuyt left??? when babel and cole on bench?

We should easily be beating Wolves at home (no offense to Wolves), we are a better side than them. It was a terrible performance. However, Meireles should never have started on the right, Maxi should never have been left out, and Agger should have started. Poor managerial decisions have only been a hinderance for the side who are struggling enough, it's hard to start playing well when you're a holding midfielder playing on the right wing. Add to this his hilariously embarassing press conferences and one can only wonder how Roy ******* Hodgson is still at the club.

i agree 110% is it true that woy said he still wernt sure where meireles best position was?? the man who bought him? lol

i agree 110% is it true that woy said he still wernt sure where meireles best position was?? the man who bought him? lol

I am not sure mate, I would not be surprised though, the mans a bit of an idiot tbh. Will be very dissapointed with the owners if they keep him until the end of the season.

i think every week he digs himself deeper and deeper himself i would put money on him not being there in 2 weeks

2 weeks!? :L :O there's been strong rumours that he'll be sacked today or tomorrow,
with several people saying ex Hoffenheim boss Ralf Ragnick is being looked at, he's been labelled as a bit of an Arsene Wenger style manager (which suits NESV's long term strategy)

2 weeks!? :L :O there's been strong rumours that he'll be sacked today or tomorrow,
with several people saying ex Hoffenheim boss Ralf Ragnick is being looked at, he's been labelled as a bit of an Arsene Wenger style manager (which suits NESV's long term strategy)

Seriously? Wow. He'd be quite a catch, Rangnick is a superior operator in most respects. Far be it for me to start blowing his trumpet only for him to fail spectacularly, but he destroyed the 2. Bundesliga with Hannover, Newcastle-style, and he was fired prematurely from that job. At Hoffenheim he has done a stratospherically good job though, getting back to back promotions from the third league right up to the Bundesliga, and then consolidated themselves as serious competitors. He left because of that Luis Gustavo sale, and from what I hear Hoffe fans are despondant.

The thing that pleases me most, though, is that he's a die-hard tactician. It'd be a far cry from Hodgson, that's for sure. Hope you get him, would love to see him in this league.

Gonna be an exciting yet tense January for us. Hoping correct decisions are made from the owners/board and manager, whoever that may be come February.

atmosphere is all well and good but he needs to get them performing. go to 4-4-1-1, get gerrard back behind torres, lucas and meireles as your two intelligent central mids. You season largely depends on gerrard and torres firing and everyone else providing good support

At anfield, if there's atmosphere, there's results. ;)

Dagleish to do the team talks to get the team really fired up and playing for the shirt?

Aye, if he comes in he will certainly motivate the majority of the players.

Dagleish to do the team talks to get the team really fired up and playing for the shirt?

Absolutely. I can't imagine what the players must feel when Hodgson briefs them before a game. It'd be like watching paint dry. Dalglish with his passion etc would really kick some players into touch and tell them exactly what playing in the famous red is all about. Something that I cannot imagine Woy doing.

Absolutely. I can't imagine what the players must feel when Hodgson briefs them before a game. It'd be like watching paint dry. Dalglish with his passion etc would really kick some players into touch and tell them exactly what playing in the famous red is all about. Something that I cannot imagine Woy doing.

That's what I think the board should do. If possible get one of the managers you mentioned above (all proven to be class) and have Daglish in some kind of assistant manager/coach role to really motivate the players. If a Liverpool legend can't motivate them then who can? If Liverpool can't get a manager similar the ones you posted then give Daglish the job til the summer and then find a suitable replacement.

That's what I think the board should do. If possible get one of the managers you mentioned above (all proven to be class) and have Daglish in some kind of assistant manager/coach role to really motivate the players. If a Liverpool legend can't motivate them then who can? If Liverpool can't get a manager similar the ones you posted then give Daglish the job til the summer and then find a suitable replacement.

Completely agree. Although I believe the sequence of events will be as follows:

1. Hodgson leaves within next 2 weeks. (Probably after inevitable defeat away at United on the 9th)
2. Kenny takes charge until end of season guiding us to respectable 6th/7th place.
3. One of Villas Boas, Klopp, ex Hoffenheim or Deschamps will join in summer. We finish in 4th spot the following season then push on from there.

We live in hope.

Why would Ragnick join in the summer? He's a free agent? :S

also. Appointing Kenny would be the worst thing we could do if we sack Hodgson, it's a step back, and if he does alright, the fans will want him appointed full time etc. Which again, would be the wrong call!

Why would Ragnick join in the summer? He's a free agent? :S

also. Appointing Kenny would be the worst thing we could do if we sack Hodgson, it's a step back, and if he does alright, the fans will want him appointed full time etc. Which again, would be the wrong call!

Apologies, Kenny/Ragnick (Thats the name I was after!) will join now, but I'd rather KD managed until the summer and then do what we can to get AVB in. I think most Liverpool fans would know Kenny would be a temporary measure tbh :S

AND

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/2011010231...co-have-identified-new-liverpool-manager.html

Henry & Co. have identified new Liverpool manager 02 January 2011 KOPTALK has been briefed that the club's new owners are committed to taking the club back to the top of European football.

An email sent to us via a former Liverpool player, states that the senior management team have identified the man they want to "take Liverpool into a new era".
The man they want is currently in employment and contractually tied for at least 2 more years. However, on June 1st, there is a period (or window of opportunity) where both employer and employee are free to reconsider their working relationship.
Well placed sources at Anfield say they are waiting for the go-ahead from John Henry and Tom Werner to pull the trigger on Hodgson. Club solicitors have already prepared a severance package but the owners are yet to make a decision.

More should become known over the coming week and we have been promised an update for our members on Thursday if not before

Last edited:
I see. So you don't notice him, even when he does score three crucial goals for you in this Prem campaign?
3 goals lately in hodgeson's time doesn't make up for 2-3 seasons of hopelessness. It's the same reason babel is so ******* overrated. Does absolute **** all the time, scores 1 fluke wonder goal, and everyone is on his ****.

He was fantastic against us. He has talent, it just needs to be tapped into and he needs to be played as a striker, where he belongs.
The same was being said when we signed him like 3 or so years ago? He's missed his chance to prove he'll live up to his potential. He just hasn't improved AT ALL since we signed him. Though I agree we should put him up front, as like the others he can't cross.

I've said it so many times, I'm literally losing count. Kuyt is one of the most important players in your team. Defensive solidity, superb work rate, decent shot, turns up with the odd goal, stabilises the team... listen, why else would Bet Van Marwijk play him, when he has such a plethora of attacking talent that could take his spot in the Holland team? Because he balances the team, because he is a vital cog in a big engine.
Yes he has work rate, but tbh I don't recognize that as a talent as I would run all over the pitch if I was paid his flipping money, as should every other professional player. "Decent shot, turns up with the odd goal" exactly the reason he should be put up front, like I said. I rated him as A STRIKER before he came here and got put on the wing to no effect. Running around like a chicken doesn't cut it if you want to be in a top 4 team (which is where we need to get back to), so he should go up top with torres.

Is, temporary, class, is, form, permanent. Make a sentence out of those words. Also, he's superb backup.
I'll make a different sentence for you. He'll be what, 30 next season? He's not 24 anymore. In fact in the last few years when was he on top form for chelsea? He's past it, he's already peaked, and he sure as **** is not worth £90k a week.

Because very, very often he was played as a winger, and it is his favoured position. The only reason he was moved up front is because they had a shortage of strikers.
I couldn't care less where he prefers to play. Fact is from watching him, he has several qualities to make him a decent forward, and no qualities that would make him a good winger (except pace). He's not technically good enough to dribble with trickery, and he can't cross. We don't play with inside forwards. Further down you say yourself that wingers should be "quick and whippet-like", (i.e. marko marin) and not bulky like johnson, so you've just ruled jovanovic out too.

Why does everyone think Johnson would be a good winger? He's too bulky, not agile enough. Generally, you want your wingers to be quick and whippet-like, agile and light on their feet. Occasionally you get people who are all of strong, quick and skilful, like Ronaldo, but these are few and far between.
So he's bulky but not strong? Obviously not at cr9's calibre but he's got enough to get past people and put in a decent cross, or cut inside and shoot. He does this time and again for us. The only problem is he's leaving RB exposed, so he'd be our best shot as a winger.

For a 4-4-2 diamond to work, you need to have players specific to the job.... etc etc
Everything you said there is invalid for the fact that you rubbish that tactic as we don't have the players for it, whilst recommending a wide tactic when wait for it - we have no wide men! We have no wingers, so there's no point, at all, in playing with them. It didn't work last season and it sure as **** isn't working this season. I can't remember I last saw someone dribble down the wing, put in a cross for torres to head in.

Torres up top, Gerrard behind
Whatever the formation, I agree this is always what needed to happen. In the season we overachieved it was because of this partnership. Gerrard is too deep atm + can't be arsed to play.

Not sure why you're contributing to their conversation GodCubed when it is quite clear they know a lot less about Liverpool and our squad than they make out. I mean, anyone who reckons Kuyt and Maxi are **** players clearly don't watch us much, either that, or they don't know how a team works.
Any midfielder can run around, or score 3 goals every 1-2 seasons. They need to do a **** load more than that to justify their place in a team. (for the record, I don't think kuyt is a **** player, just a **** winger) Infact you clearly don't watch us much. If you watched maxi ever since he'd been here instead of the last 10 games then you would see he doesn't do anything, he's too scared to get on the ball and when he does he just passes it off and runs back into the shadows. Such a shame as he was a quality player before playing under rafa. But feel free to continue to rate him for popping up with the odd goal. So many pool fans are happy with mediocrity atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.