Liverpool players back me, claims Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still belive he will be there for another 3 games blackburn (a) man utd (a) and blackpool (a)

Imagen the Atmosphere at Anfield if King Kenny is appointed in time for Everton game. Will be incredible.

Imagen the Atmosphere at Anfield if King Kenny is appointed in time for Everton game. Will be incredible.
atmosphere is all well and good but he needs to get them performing. go to 4-4-1-1, get gerrard back behind torres, lucas and meireles as your two intelligent central mids. You season largely depends on gerrard and torres firing and everyone else providing good support

atmosphere is all well and good but he needs to get them performing. go to 4-4-1-1, get gerrard back behind torres, lucas and meireles as your two intelligent central mids. You season largely depends on gerrard and torres firing and everyone else providing good support

No point playing Gerrard there if were using him and Torres as our target for long balls, too isolated. Need short quick paces into him and then him and Torres will really turn it on.

i would go 4-4-2 but would use gerrard,meireles in cm but maybe 1 drop other slightly forward with johnson rw and kelly rb also giving babel a run in team with torres with cole left but my main target for new players would be a kind of target man to go with torres
also a left winger as then u could use cole in behind torres also if the 4-4-1-1 could work

i would go 4-4-2 but would use gerrard,meireles in cm but maybe 1 drop other slightly forward with johnson rw and kelly rb also giving babel a run in team with torres with cole left but my main target for new players would be a kind of target man to go with torres
also a left winger as then u could use cole in behind torres also if the 4-4-1-1 could work

No, no, no. Lucas? Kelly is too inexperienced to play out of position week in week out. Babel is just, ****.

Reina
Johnson-Kyrgiakos-Agger-Aurelio
Lucas-Meireles
Maxi-Gerrard-Kuyt
Torres​

Would be my team, not that Hodgson is ever going to leave Carra or Konchesky out.

Kuyt should be dropped due to poor form, Cole should be given another chance now. Kelly's looking very good. Skrtel should be dropped for poor form too, Agger coming in.

No, no, no. Lucas? Kelly is too inexperienced to play out of position week in week out. Babel is just, ****.

Reina
Johnson-Kyrgiakos-Agger-Aurelio
Lucas-Meireles
Maxi-Gerrard-Kuyt
Torres​

Would be my team, not that Hodgson is ever going to leave Carra or Konchesky out.

With everyone, specifically Torres, firing, that could be a very solid team right there. Two attacking fullbacks, with two hard-working wingers to cover them, two accomplished passers alternating between defence and attack with one of the most lethal striking partnerships in English football ahead,

i agree but dont i dont see how kuyt is dropped due to poor form i would have him as bk up anyway but going on that is out of position himself being a (str) he gives 100% every time he aint as skillful as some but he fights for the team. lucas still is poor and also would use him as bk up kelly is a centre bk i know but as he has shown he can play full bk and do it well so y not? is he worse than johnson???? carra sadly is on his last legs and maybe at bk would go with agger,skrtel but carra i belive can still do job this season plus 1 maybe.
if u look at stats from when hyypia left our defence and carra has declined slightly it goes to show that not just on the pitch some players are more than handy

i agree but dont i dont see how kuyt is dropped due to poor form i would have him as bk up anyway but going on that is out of position himself being a (str) he gives 100% every time he aint as skillful as some but he fights for the team. lucas still is poor and also would use him as bk up kelly is a centre bk i know but as he has shown he can play full bk and do it well so y not? is he worse than johnson???? carra sadly is on his last legs and maybe at bk would go with agger,skrtel but carra i belive can still do job this season plus 1 maybe.
if u look at stats from when hyypia left our defence and carra has declined slightly it goes to show that not just on the pitch some players are more than handy

Kuyt often has poor patches, he always comes back from them though and as you said always gives 100%. Lucas is a good player, him and Meireles are very good at retaining posession, he is not poor. Kelly is going to be a very good player, but I would not play him week in week out, out of position, too inexperienced atm for me. It will be sad to see Carra fade out of the team but it has to happen unfortunately, would rather see Kyrgi partner Agger, always seem shaky at the back when Skrtel is playing.

No point playing Gerrard there if were using him and Torres as our target for long balls, too isolated. Need short quick paces into him and then him and Torres will really turn it on.
to be honest you shouldnt be playing that way anyway. And i assume Dalglish wouldnt play that way if appointed

ben i agree but what we all can agree is every1 will have ideas different to roy as it is not working at the moment i dont mean to say lucas is rubbish as i would not sell him he is improving.
i like the 1 man up front but i dont belive torres plays best alone (i know he has done it and scored) but i feel if we had a good player along side him it would make the defense think about somebody else rather than just torres if u know what i mean? giving torres bit more space and with gerrard coming from deep another thing to think about.

I see alot of talk about formations. Why not use a narrow diamond (or even just 1 up front, torres)?

Let's go through the wingers in our squad:

Maxi - Probs our most natural winger, he has a rare talent of going un-noticed up until the point he is subbed, and you realise he was actually on the pitch the whole game.
Babel - Has so much pace that allows him to run in to people before they see him coming, or to get to the ball first so that he can famously kick it out of play.
Kuyt - Runs around 24/7 and does nothing else. For all his running he also has no pace. Can't cross, can't dribble, what a winger. (could be put up top with torres in a narrow diamond)
Joe Cole - Past it, completely hopeless. I don't need to elaborate, he's been that bad.
Jovanovic - HE'S A STRIKER. He was a striker at standard, he was bought as a striker, and he still is a striker. Can't cross for **** just like kuyt, so put him up front. And with his pace, height and power he would make a great target man alongside torres i'd imagine.
Meireles - Hodgeson's new found winger. What are you doing roy, put him back in the middle.

Ironically, for all the stick he gets, glen johnson would be our best winger yet he's played at RB and hated on because he isn't the best at defending. He can cross, dribble, shoot with both feet, has pace...

I've always thought this since rafa started buying ***** players. Play a narrow diamond, 4-4-2. We'd have a decent ish midfield then.

fair play mate and u r right narrow would be an idea but johnson struggles enough with somebody in front of him never mind being left out to dry lol

but johnson struggles enough with somebody in front of him never mind being left out to dry lol
I think johnson is very solid going forward and often sets up alot of our goals/chances. He's also not bad defensively imo, he's just inconsistent and does stupid things.

im not saying hes **** mate as im well aware how good he is but since joining liverpool he has been better going forward than defending so winger maybe?? bale at spurs spring to mind? left back now left wing

*sigh*

Maxi - Probs our most natural winger, he has a rare talent of going un-noticed up until the point he is subbed, and you realise he was actually on the pitch the whole game.

I see. So you don't notice him, even when he does score three crucial goals for you in this Prem campaign?

Babel - Has so much pace that allows him to run in to people before they see him coming, or to get to the ball first so that he can famously kick it out of play.

He was fantastic against us. He has talent, it just needs to be tapped into and he needs to be played as a striker, where he belongs.

Kuyt - Runs around 24/7 and does nothing else. For all his running he also has no pace. Can't cross, can't dribble, what a winger. (could be put up top with torres in a narrow diamond)

I've said it so many times, I'm literally losing count. Kuyt is one of the most important players in your team. Defensive solidity, superb work rate, decent shot, turns up with the odd goal, stabilises the team... listen, why else would Bet Van Marwijk play him, when he has such a plethora of attacking talent that could take his spot in the Holland team? Because he balances the team, because he is a vital cog in a big engine.

Joe Cole - Past it, completely hopeless. I don't need to elaborate, he's been that bad.

Is, temporary, class, is, form, permanent. Make a sentence out of those words. Also, he's superb backup.

Jovanovic - HE'S A STRIKER. He was a striker at standard, he was bought as a striker, and he still is a striker. Can't cross for **** just like kuyt, so put him up front. And with his pace, height and power he would make a great target man alongside torres i'd imagine.

Do you actually know that he was played as a striker for Standard? Or are you just making it up? Because very, very often he was played as a winger, and it is his favoured position. The only reason he was moved up front is because they had a shortage of strikers.

Ironically, for all the stick he gets, glen johnson would be our best winger yet he's played at RB and hated on because he isn't the best at defending. He can cross, dribble, shoot with both feet, has pace...

Why does everyone think Johnson would be a good winger? He's too bulky, not agile enough. Generally, you want your wingers to be quick and whippet-like, agile and light on their feet. Occasionally you get people who are all of strong, quick and skilful, like Ronaldo, but these are few and far between.

I've always thought this since rafa started buying ***** players. Play a narrow diamond, 4-4-2. We'd have a decent ish midfield then.

Alright then. In a squad with no carrileros of any form to speak of, you want to play a formation that requires good tactical discipline and work rate. You'd play two extremely attack minded fullbacks with no wing support at all. If the opposition team got their fullbacks forward in any way at all, you'd be completely buggered.

For a 4-4-2 diamond to work, you need to have players specific to the job. Genoa, for example, can play a diamond shape reasonably well because Rossi and Rafinha are reasonably accomplished in a carrilero role. With Liverpool, of all of them only Joe Cole could play it with any kind of efficiency, and Cole is not known for A) wanting to play in a deep role or B) his defensive skills.

It's a simply terrible idea. Looking at Liverpool's squad, there's only one real way to go, and that a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 shape. Torres up top, Gerrard behind, then have the other four fluid.

Not sure why you're contributing to their conversation GodCubed when it is quite clear they know a lot less about Liverpool and our squad than they make out. I mean, anyone who reckons Kuyt and Maxi are **** players clearly don't watch us much, either that, or they don't know how a team works.

Not sure why you're contributing to their conversation GodCubed when it is quite clear they know a lot less about Liverpool and our squad than they make out. I mean, anyone who reckons Kuyt and Maxi are **** players clearly don't watch us much, either that, or they don't know how a team works.

I have a weakness for stupid people. I think I am doomed to spend the rest of my life trying to make them see sense...

well i aint commented on maxi and think kuyt is a very hard worker as said before. i feel with this "poor squad" as roy and fellow pundits say rafa left him there is a top 7 squad agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.