Liverpool - Rising From The Ashes

• Thread starter Thread starter Luarez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 55K
Just a quick question.. does anyone use links for updates at the bottom of my posts?

Won't be updating until about 4pm today, i'm travelling to Liverpool :)

Just a quick question.. does anyone use links for updates at the bottom of my posts?

for this time, i stil don't need that. because the oldest post = +/- 1 weeks ago...
maybe if this thread have more than 70 pages, it will become handy...

PS : i think it will be easier if you have post specifically for Update.

---------------
1st Chapter = 10 Update

1. Original Post
2. Wheeling and Dealing
3. New Philosophies

etc..

------------

i think it will easier.
so in other post, it will be

Contents :
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4

for this time, i stil don't need that. because the oldest post = +/- 1 weeks ago...
maybe if this thread have more than 70 pages, it will become handy...

PS : i think it will be easier if you have post specifically for Update.

---------------
1st Chapter = 10 Update

1. Original Post
2. Wheeling and Dealing
3. New Philosophies

etc..

------------

i think it will easier.
so in other post, it will be

I think I'll do that later, I'm going to Liverpool later So I won't be able to post for a while :)

Gaining Momentum...

View attachment 254899

We have started this season well with two wins in two, hopefully we can carry this form in to this month.
September also see's us start our Champions League campaign which should be exciting.
Let's see how we get on...

Liverpool vs Wolves Barclays Premier League 15/9/12

View attachment 254902

A great team performance, you know the team is playing well when once of your defenders scores two.
The result was expected as we were playing a fairly weak Wolves side, as I though Wolves were very rugged and physical and that is reflected in a sending off and 4 bookings.
Man Of The Match - Martin Skrtel

Paris Saint-Germain vs Liverpool Champions League 18/9/12
View attachment 254903

Winning against a strong PSG side is always an achievement especially when we were playing away,
we showed our quality and battled through a close fought game.
I though we were destined to draw after a late equalizer from Gameiro, but the three points were clinched by a 92nd minute winner from Martin Skrtel.
Man of The Match - Martin Skrtel

Bolton vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 22/9/12
View attachment 254904

We were fortunate to win this game by what seems a comfortable two goal margin, we could have easily conceded two if it wasn't for two one on one saves from the magnificent Pepe Reina.
Our defense looked a little suspect but a goal each from Henderson and Suarez sealed the game.
Man Of The Match - Pepe Reina

West Ham vs Liverpool League Cup 26/9/12

View attachment 254905

The weak performance from the team came as no surprise to me, I was forced to field a much weakened side due to minor injuries and general fitness issues.
We should have scored at least one goal but we struggled without Luis Suarez, eventually the game was won on penalties which means we are through to the next round.

Liverpool vs Tottenham Barclays Premier League 29/9/12

View attachment 254907

This game left me very frustrated, I'm disappointed that we couldn't finish at least one of our many chances.
Spurs didn't really threaten that much and looked very weak, Gomes played brilliantly which is quite out of character XD
Man Of The Match - Gyfli Sigurdsson

September was definitely a strong month for us both domestically and in Europe, however a slight worry is that the team seem to be very inconsistent in front of goal which I had hoped to had solved with the purchase of Solomon Rondon.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a SS of the Champions League table but I can tell you we drawn against PSG, Villarreal and Dinamo.
This Month's result leave the Premier League table looking like this...

View attachment 254908

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Awards

A lot more players were involved in the first team this month, this was mainly down to our involvement in the league cup and the Champions League.
This will hopefully mean that their are a few more player in the Super 7's this month.

Here's September's Super 7's...

View attachment 254909

There were lot's of good performances this month, it seem's that choosing the Player Of The Month is most of the time a hard task.
This time around things are different as one player shown his true class and played exceptionally and consistently.

September's Player Of The Month is ... Martin Skrtel

View attachment 254910

Thankfully this month the team scored some great goals, by I am a lover of free-kicks so this cracking effort from Stewart Downing done enough to clinch September's Goal Of The Month...

[video=youtube;P6HsLQITDho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6HsLQITDho&feature=plcp[/video]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading :)
I've decided to center everything now as I think it looks better but please tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Great results this month, looking forward to see how you get on in Europe :)

Great story mate. You inspired me the other day to start a Liverpool season with the new summer update by LFC.

Quick question, I'm using a similar tactic to you with 4-2-3-1 and playing possession football. However, this doesn't really work away so just wondered what you have been using in this case to reach such a high position?

I'm also 2nd with 2 games in hand to bring me and Chelsea level!

Cheers

Great story mate. You inspired me the other day to start a Liverpool season with the new summer update by LFC.

Quick question, I'm using a similar tactic to you with 4-2-3-1 and playing possession football. However, this doesn't really work away so just wondered what you have been using in this case to reach such a high position?

I'm also 2nd with 2 games in hand to bring me and Chelsea level!

Cheers

It's great to know I've made you want to be Liverpool :)
I use http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/84547-kofloks-goals-galore-2012-a.html when I'm playing physical sides like Wolves, Sunderland and Bolton, and then when I'm the underdog I use http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/84636-might-magic%99-raikan007.html.

Consistency is the key...

View attachment 255089

October 2012

Liverpool vs Dinamo Champions League 3/10/12
View attachment 255096
This Champions League stuff is easy!!! , but seriously we were by far the better team.
Dinamo didn't really offer much and we easily coped with them when they went forward, there major downfall was there incapability to deal with Suarez who himself put in a wonderful performance.
Man Of The Match - Luis Suarez

Fulham vs Liverpool
Barclays Premier League 20/10/12
View attachment 255098

Putting in a performance like that away from home just shows how good we can be, 72% possession away is awesome.
Fulham couldn't really cause us many problems as they didn't have the ball, Lucas Leiva controlled the midfield and even got himself a goal.
Man Of The Match - Lucas Le
iva

Liverpool vs Villarreal Champions League 24/10/12
View attachment 255100

We just seem to keep winning in Europe, I felt our performance warranted a few more goals but I'm happy that we got the win.
It also pleased me that how well we reacted after they equalized as we could have easily slumped to a defeat as Villarreal looked really threatening with Giuseppe Rossi upfront.
Man Of The Match - Steven Gerrard

Liverpool vs Man City Barclays Premier League 27/10/12

View attachment 255105
We didn't deserve to lose this game and it was really frustrating that we conceded so late on as we at least deserved a draw, we matched City all over the pitch which is why it's so annoying to lose.
Jordan Henderson looked great in the midfield despite being up against Yaya Toure, his consistent performances are impressing me and he is looking like he could possibly replace Steven Gerrard.
Man Of The Match - Jordan Henderson

Blackburn vs Liverpool League Cup31/10/12

View attachment 255107

I'm actually shocked that we didn't score more than two goals from 27 shots, after me praising Henderson he goes and pickups an injury which will keep him out for 3-4 months while Gerrard also picked up a minor injury.
The result see's us progress through to the next round where we will play Arsenal at Anfield.
Man Of The Match - Dirk Kuyt

Apart from the Man City result this month was a largely positive one, we have done well and Europe and managed to progress through the League Cup.
This months results leave the League Table looking like this...

View attachment 255110

And our great results in Europe see us sitting pretty at the top of the group.

View attachment 255111
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Awards

Super 7's

As I mentioned before due to the fact we are playing in more competitions this season means that I am using more players, this makes the Super 7's list a little more full that it would have been last season.
This month's good performances means the Super 7's look like this...

View attachment 255115

Player Of The Month

October was a month where the squad had to deal with a few injuries, and there was one players who impressed me when he was asked to step in, his performances were consistent and he has shown promise for the future.
October's Player Of The Month is... Jordan Henderson

View attachment 255118

Goal Of The Month

A nice worked move from Henderson, Suarez and Gerrard grabbed September's Goal Of The Month...

[video=youtube;S-nAH0mdsk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nAH0mdsk8&feature=plcp[/video]

Last edited:
Back