Liverpool - Rising From The Ashes

• Thread starter Thread starter Luarez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 55K
1. Goal of the Month
Yes

2. Match Highlights
Maybe not for every game maybe a stand out match of the month or a big game of the month. Otherwise your updates could span on and become looking cluttered.

3. Voting for player of the month
I'm stuck on this one as it is your story and your the manager I think it is better you giving us your reasoning as to why he is your player of the month thats what you would find in a match program.

Maybe give us a poll to vote and then do a further update the next day as to the managers (yours) and fans (ours) player of the month :D

1. Goal of the Month
Yes

2. Match Highlights
Maybe not for every game maybe a stand out match of the month or a big game of the month. Otherwise your updates could span on and become looking cluttered.

3. Voting for player of the month
I'm stuck on this one as it is your story and your the manager I think it is better you giving us your reasoning as to why he is your player of the month thats what you would find in a match program.

Maybe give us a poll to vote and then do a further update the next day as to the managers (yours) and fans (ours) player of the month :D

Great feedback :)

Great story. I had a Liverpool save where I ran Man U close first season, only losing on goal difference, but fell away second season. Hopefully you can avoid this. Don't worry too much about finances though, end of season money should wipe out most of your debt and once you start getting Champions League money and move on some of the older high earners like Kuyt and Bellamy you should be laughing.
I wouldn't bother with letting people vote on player of the month, we wouldn't have all the info for a proper choice and you would have to wait around on people voting before you could continue with the story. I don't think the story needs anything else personally but obviously its up to you.

Great story. I had a Liverpool save where I ran Man U close first season, only losing on goal difference, but fell away second season. Hopefully you can avoid this. Don't worry too much about finances though, end of season money should wipe out most of your debt and once you start getting Champions League money and move on some of the older high earners like Kuyt and Bellamy you should be laughing.
I wouldn't bother with letting people vote on player of the month, we wouldn't have all the info for a proper choice and you would have to wait around on people voting before you could continue with the story. I don't think the story needs anything else personally but obviously its up to you.

Thanks mate :) , I'm thinking about adding goal of the month and some major news from other clubs.

Gr8 story mate.. So catchy... Maybe u cud nominate the players after the end o a season n ask us to vote rather than havin a poll evry month... Goal o the month n super 7 ideas look good

Building On Solid Foundations

View attachment 254386
Pre-Season

So it's my second season in charge, as you may know last time around Pre-Season didn't go to well and we didn't make the signings we should off to compete at the highest level.
Let's see how we did this time around.

Pre-Season Results...

View attachment 254389

The results and performances were great and much better than last season considering I messed around with formations and starting 11's.
Hopefully staying unbeaten is a habit we can pick up during the course of the season.

As you know last season the board wanted a title challenge while only giving me £2m to spend, however we had a much more realistic transfer budget this time.
They gave me £31m to spend and expected me to challenge for the title, I was now much more excited about the upcoming season as I actually had some money to spend.
The finances were also looking much better (This is after my summer transfers)

View attachment 254391

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheeling and Dealing (Part 2)

In's

Last season's transfers where not the best, I put some of the blame on me and some on my poor transfer budget, as I mentioned before we had a better transfer budget and it was much more easier to get the players I wanted to.
Let's see who I decided to buy...

View attachment 254390

I'm going to talk about who I consider to be my three main signings...

1. Solomon Rondon - He's a great young goalscorer, as I said in one of my earlier updates we were lacking a goal poacher and I believe Rondon can bring this to the team, the fee is little more than I wanted but it's going to be paid mostly in monthly installments.

2. Nicolas Gaitan - Dirk Kuyt is getting old and he was really our only AMR, this makes Gaitan the perfect signing as he's cheap,quality and young.

3. Gyfli Sigurdsson - We had him on loan last season and he was awesome, I see him as a successor to Steven Gerrard and he's defintely got the potential to do it. He's a great goalscoring midfielder as well which is much needed.

Out's

The wage structure in this squad is all over the place, Players that I consider fringe such as Doni, Cole, and Aqualani are all on 50k+ a week.
There ridiculous wages made it very tough to move them on as other clubs were reluctant to pay the wages they demanded.
So this is how I got on...

View attachment 254395

So luckily we managed to get rid of some of the overpaid players and also let some of the younger one's out on loan to gain some experience.
Our wage structure now looks much better, and we seem to be saivng a lot of money after selling some of the deadwood of the squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it.

**Updates**

Last edited:
Gr8 story mate.. So catchy... Maybe u cud nominate the players after the end o a season n ask us to vote rather than havin a poll evry month... Goal o the month n super 7 ideas look good
I'm not going to do a vote anymore but thanks for the idea :)

much better signings there mate :)

see if you can pick up those players I mentioned for free bud, Astori/Douglas/Adler are all great players!

I suggest looking at:

Mushaga Bakenga - Brugge

he is a good cheap young goalscorer and use very useful to bring on against tired and slow defenders in the last 20 minutes of the game, can also play AML :)

230561d1331899286-mushaga-bakenga-mushaga-bakenga-overview_-attributes-.png

Jan Chramosta
- Mladla Boleslav

View attachment 254443

much better signings there mate :)

see if you can pick up those players I mentioned for free bud, Astori/Douglas/Adler are all great players!

I suggest looking at:

Mushaga Bakenga - Brugge

he is a good cheap young goalscorer and use very useful to bring on against tired and slow defenders in the last 20 minutes of the game, can also play AML :)

230561d1331899286-mushaga-bakenga-mushaga-bakenga-overview_-attributes-.png

Jan Chramosta
- Mladla Boleslav

View attachment 254443

I can't pick up any of the players mentioned above for free, but i'll have a look at Bakenga and Chramosta :)

another very good update been following from the start and will continue to follow keep up the hard work :)

Pre-Season, a time where we can buy and sell player...
a critical time whilst also tedious.

I believe in the 2nd season, your hardest rival is city.
they always bought monster every season/

PS : Nice Update Mate :)

Sweet Solace...

View attachment 254152

Only two matches this month, however we were playing Man United at Anfield and looking to get one over them after they won the league, their unbeaten run was also on the line.
Here's our fixtures for this month

View attachment 254153

Liverpool vs Man United Barclays Premier League 2/5/12
View attachment 254154
Awesome performance!!!, unfortunately the game only served as consolation for losing the title.
However the result shows our potential and what we are capable of doing next season, the result looks even more spectacular considering we were the first team to beat them all season.

Fulham vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 13/5/12

View attachment 254155

Another good performance and a great way to finish the season, we peppered the goal all game and we could have easily scored more.
Gyfli Sigurdsson ended his loan spell with a stunning goal, while Dirk Kuyt scored a glancing header from six yards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Review

So we've come to the end of my first season in charge of Liverpool, although I didn't win anything this year I see it as progression as we challenged for the title with only £2m to spend.
We kept with United for most of the season, unfortunately they just kept on winning and we couldn't keep up.
I also believe that in any other season we would have easily done enough to win the title.
Here's how the table looked at the end of the season...

View attachment 254157

As you can see we finished on 91 points and United finished on 99 points, now in 2010-11 United won the league with 80 points 11 less that what we managed to achieve.
I also blame my failure to win the title on the sheer quality of the Premier League, here are some other league tables from different countries

View attachment 254158

View attachment 254159

View attachment 254160

Our points total looks even better now considering that three other European league winners failed to even reach 80 points.

Now we're moving on to our season results, overall the results were great the only criticism I can have is that we drew way too many games which we should have been winning easily, these kind of results are what you would expect from Champions but when you're up against a seemingly unbeatable United side they're not quite good enough.

View attachment 254161
View attachment 254162
View attachment 254163

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Awards

The Super 7's has been quite full for most of the season apart from one or two months, and once again I was expecting the season's Super 7's list to be pretty dense.

View attachment 254164

Now it's time to name Liverpool's player of the season, this was a very tough choice as many players had consistently shone throughout the season.
However there was one player that just pipped everyone else to the post.
The Player Of The Season 2011/12 is .... Luis Suarez

View attachment 254165

No it's not the end of the post, for the first time I've decided to add a little of video to my stories, I have decided to upload and show the Goal Of The Season.
Hope you like it...

[video=youtube;7My7bsYCexs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7My7bsYCexs[/video]

Thanks for reading, just to let you know my next post will include ideas i'm looking at to improve my story so hopefully you will read it and offer me your opinions :)

**Updates**

Unlucky mate, same happened to me only city beat me to the title by 2 points, rather city than un*ted

Let'***** The Ground Running!

View attachment 254521

August 2012

So we start this season with the aim to challenge for the title, last season we were in a much worse state than we are now so hopefully this time we can go and win it, it's imperious that we start the season well.
Here's the fixtures we start the season with...

View attachment 254562

Liverpool vs Man United Community Shield 12/8/12

View attachment 254567

Despite this only being the Community Shield I was still very happy with this result, the win see's us stay unbeaten against United since I've been Manager.
It wasn't the best game but it's always great to grab a late winner against United.

West Ham vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 18/8/12

View attachment 254568

I'm a little disappointed with the performance but we won and that's the most important thing, once again our finishing was terribly poor.
However I found comfort in the fact that we were creating chances if we weren't I would be much more worried.

Liverpool vs Newcastle Barclays Premier League 25/8/12

View attachment 254559

A very good result and performance, we played very well and created lot's of chances which is pleasing.
It should have been more than 2-0 and we missed lots of chances and also missed a penalty.
I've also noticed that we have now gone 5 games without conceding which is great.

We were looking for a strong start to the season and we got one, we won our first trophy but it's only the community shield so it's nothing to shout about and we also won our first two games in the league.
I didn't feel it was worth putting up a league table as we've only played two games, however i'll put one up next month :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Awards

After a great start to the season it wouldn't be a surprise if the Super7's looked rather full.
Here's this month's Super 7's...

View attachment 254588

Due to the fact we only played three games the Player Of The Month award was rather hard to judge, however as I mentioned before we haven't conceded for quite a while and this is largely down to the terrific performances of a certain defender.
August's Player Of The Month is .... Martin Skrtel

View attachment 254589

As you may have seen in a earlier update I've decided to add Goal Of The Month to the Monthly Awards, this season I'll be uploading what I believe to be the best goal scored during that certain month.
Anyway this month's Goal Of The Month is not the best you will ever see but I felt it was a nice move and it deserves to be named August's Goal Of The Month...

[video=youtube;qBeYqaGOxQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBeYqaGOxQE[/video]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.
As always feedback and comments are greatly appreciated :)

**Updates**

Last edited:
Pre-Season, a time where we can buy and sell player...
a critical time whilst also tedious.

I believe in the 2nd season, your hardest rival is city.
they always bought monster every season/

PS : Nice Update Mate :)

They haven't spent as much this time around, Arsenal were the biggest spenders with £67m

Great sigings and a nice start to the season, hopefully you can win the league this time :)

Back