Liverpool - Rising From The Ashes

• Thread starter Thread starter Luarez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 55K
Fighting A Losing Battle

View attachment 253946

April 2012

The table looks grim, it's looks increasingly likely that Man United were going to take the Title and it's well deserved as up to now they hadn't lost all season.
However as they say it's not over until it's over.
Here's our fixtures for this month...

View attachment 253943

Wigan vs LiverpoolBarclays Premier League 7/4/12

View attachment 253944

A good start to the month, they threatened with the odd attack but apart from that we completely dominated.
Pepe Reina was quality in goal again and it looked as if his good form was continuing, Suarez scored with a header from close range and Gerrard finished the game with a brace.
Man Of The Match - Steven Gerrard

Aston Villa vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 9/4/12

View attachment 253945

Not much to say about this game other than that we were extremely unlucky not to win, we had many chances but are finishing was really poor.
It was vital that we picked up three points to stay in the title race but we just couldn't get a goal.
Man of the Match - Martin Skrtel

Liverpool vs Newcastle Barclays Premier League 14/4/12

View attachment 253906

Newcastle were lucky, this game could have easily been four or five nil, the sending off for Tiote effectively ended their game.
Our defense was a solid as its' been all season but once our finishing was poor, I'll be looking to buy a goal poacher if you any recommendations please post below :)

Liverpool vs Everton Barclays Premier League 21/4/12

View attachment 253920

Does it get any sweeter than a last minute winner in the Merseyside Derby!, however we should have had the game wrapped up way before the goal.
Once again we controlled possession and had many shots on goal but failed to convert them, I'm also noticing that we are lacking a goal-scoring central midfielder so once again if you have any ideas please post below :)
Man Of The Match - Sebastian Coates

Arsenal vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 28/4/12
View attachment 253924

What a performance, I have can no complaints with the team as beating Arsenal away is a great result for anyone.
This was a very open game but for once we were the more clinical team, as you can see Luis Suarez was the difference and he's definitely got to be in contention for Player Of The Season.
Man Of The Match - Luis Suarez

A great month, we started to hit form and were playing the best we had all season.
However was it enough and do we still have a chance...

View attachment 253947

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super 7's And Player Of The Month

A great month results wise apart from Villa, I was expecting this to reflected in the Super 7's which was hopefully a huge improvement on March.
Here's this months Super 7's

View attachment 253931

As you may have noticed we only conceded one goal this month, now I believe this is down to some great defensive displays from one of our defenders as he was an rock at the back and barely put a foot wrong.
April's Player Of The Month is... Sebastian Coates

View attachment 253936

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)
As always feedback is greatly appreciated!

**Updates**

/Spoiler]

Last edited:
Unlucky losing the title race but this game seems to think Man U should be unbeatable season 1.

Apart from that well done with results this month.

maybe u can buy pjanic, he has PPM and ability to be a good playmaker.
for a striker, i buy Cavani.

for a Long Shoooter, take a look at "Josip Ilicic" -> Slovenia

Unlucky losing the title race but this game seems to think Man U should be unbeatable season 1.

Apart from that well done with results this month.
Any other season I would have won the league it's a bit annoying to be honest.

maybe u can buy pjanic, he has PPM and ability to be a good playmaker.
for a striker, i buy Cavani.

for a Long Shoooter, take a look at "Josip Ilicic" -> Slovenia
Thanks, but Cavani is way over what I'm looking to spend the other suggestions sound good though.

Luuk De Jong would be a great signing for you, also for a goal scoring midfielder try Hamsik if you can afford him.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)
My next update will include the last two games of the season and an end of season review which will include Player Of The Season, Goal Of The Season and ideas I have to add to the story!

Sweet Solace...

View attachment 254152

Only two matches this month, however we were playing Man United at Anfield and looking to get one over them after they won the league, their unbeaten run was also on the line.
Here's our fixtures for this month

View attachment 254153

Liverpool vs Man United Barclays Premier League 2/5/12
View attachment 254154
Awesome performance!!!, unfortunately the game only served as consolation for losing the title.
However the result shows our potential and what we are capable of doing next season, the result looks even more spectacular considering we were the first team to beat them all season.

Fulham vs Liverpool Barclays Premier League 13/5/12

View attachment 254155

Another good performance and a great way to finish the season, we peppered the goal all game and we could have easily scored more.
Gyfli Sigurdsson ended his loan spell with a stunning goal, while Dirk Kuyt scored a glancing header from six yards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Review

So we've come to the end of my first season in charge of Liverpool, although I didn't win anything this year I see it as progression as we challenged for the title with only £2m to spend.
We kept with United for most of the season, unfortunately they just kept on winning and we couldn't keep up.
I also believe that in any other season we would have easily done enough to win the title.
Here's how the table looked at the end of the season...

View attachment 254157

As you can see we finished on 91 points and United finished on 99 points, now in 2010-11 United won the league with 80 points 11 less that what we managed to achieve.
I also blame my failure to win the title on the sheer quality of the Premier League, here are some other league tables from different countries

View attachment 254158

View attachment 254159

View attachment 254160

Our points total looks even better now considering that three other European league winners failed to even reach 80 points.

Now we're moving on to our season results, overall the results were great the only criticism I can have is that we drew way too many games which we should have been winning easily, these kind of results are what you would expect from Champions but when you're up against a seemingly unbeatable United side they're not quite good enough.

View attachment 254161
View attachment 254162
View attachment 254163

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Awards

The Super 7's has been quite full for most of the season apart from one or two months, and once again I was expecting the season's Super 7's list to be pretty dense.
View attachment 254164

Now it's time to name Liverpool's player of the season, this was a very tough choice as many players had consistently shone throughout the season.
However there was one player that just pipped everyone else to the post.
The Player Of The Season 2011/12 is .... Luis Suarez

View attachment 254165

No it's not the end of the post, for the first time I've decided to add a little of video to my stories, I have decided to upload and show the Goal Of The Season.
Hope you like it...

[video=youtube;7My7bsYCexs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7My7bsYCexs[/video]

Thanks for reading, just to let you know my next post will include ideas i'm looking at to improve my story so hopefully you will read it and offer me your opinions :)

**Updates**

Last edited:
Thorougly enjoyed reading this update, you had a great season but United looked unbeatable.
Hopefully you keep this story going and i'm looking forward to what ideas you have to improve.

Last edited:
Been great reading over the season hope your finances are ok for next season and you have a big enough transfer budget to get a poacher in to help with those draws would really help as I noticed 6 of those draws where away from home.

Anyway look forward to the next season.

Nice Goal btw :D

Been great reading over the season hope your finances are ok for next season and you have a big enough transfer budget to get a poacher in to help with those draws would really help as I noticed 6 of those draws where away from home.

Anyway look forward to the next season.

Thanks for following my story, I really do appreciate people showing interest.
Nice Goal btw :D

How to improve my story?

I've decided to do this post to get your opinions on my ideas and hopefully you can suggest some of your own :)

Here's three little ideas I've been thinking about.

1. Goal Of The Month
2. Match Highlights
3. Letting you vote for my player of the month

Also suggestions for signings for next season would be great :)

Back