Liverpool sack Benitez

Meh, don't see what he has done to prove he was worth the 11million you spent on him.

How much was Pennant?
6M-ish. Pennant was quality for the first season, and most of the 2nd. I regret him leaving Tbh.

Meh, so he made some good signings, some bad signings.

Pitty he's going to go really, he just had a bad season this season, injuries didn't help. Think he is quite a good manager personally, will be good to see him at Inter if he ends up there.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

How much was Owen, Luque, Stop it! :'(

haha, we love flops at Newcastle, it's how we roll.

Stop changing the subject, we all know the last few toon managers have been clowns. :)

Poor timing that Gerrard has his awful season in midst of all the other troubles and bad happenings

How much was Babel?! :)

The Dutch international was 11 million. And yeah, he hasn't progressed as was hoped but he'll be at the World Cup with those no-marks Holland, as will that other '*****' player Dirk Kuyt.

The Dutch international was 11 million. And yeah, he hasn't progressed as was hoped but he'll be at the World Cup with those no-marks Holland, as will that other '*****' player Dirk Kuyt.

lol.

Why get so defencive, you can hardly say he has had a massive impact at Liverpool?

When did I say Kuyt was *****?

People like you give Liverpool fans a bad name, looking for a fight out of nothing.

lol.

Why get so defencive, you can hardly say he has had a massive impact at Liverpool?

When did I say Kuyt was *****?

People like you give Liverpool fans a bad name, looking for a fight out of nothing.
People call Kuyt ****, and constant call for him to be sold, and you might of put his name forward next, as you have been doing for the last 20 minutes of the players who didn't live up to their price tag

Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, this isn't FM where maybe one signing out of thirty will flop. This is real life, if a manager gets 50% of his transfers right then he's doing a good job.

The problem with Benitez is that it's only ever his bad signings that get mentioned.

In fairness Zeb, your getting a bit argumentative and defensive,
i'm entitled to my opinion and you go and accuse me of being some stupid fan who knows nothing.
just cos i don't have the time to research the club like you do doesn't mean i'm some glory supporter!

and duncs just kinda backed up my point, he's wasted money. Thanks dunc! (K)

wait no, wasted isn't the right word, he's not spent well may be a better way of putting it.
But i spose i'm gunna get slated by you, lee and probably walrus all because i have an opinion :(

Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, this isn't FM where maybe one signing out of thirty will flop. This is real life, if a manager gets 50% of his transfers right then he's doing a good job.

The problem with Benitez is that it's only ever his bad signings that get mentioned.
Exactly, people don't mention players like Reina, whom was not a wanted player, and now one of the best GK's. Yossi cost 7M and there was no interest from any others, now a star on the world stage. Mascherano 20M been consistent performer and brilliant player. Torres 22M, well known but no one wanted totake a risk on him, guess what,he's now worth 70+M. Arbeloa 1.7M now a spain international, sold on the cheap because contract running up and wanted to go-go. Alonso 12M was a relatively unknown player, more than doubled his value, now a intergral part of Spain.

I agree with most of what you've said there, except, Yossi being a star on the world stage XD

People call Kuyt ****, and constant call for him to be sold, and you might of put his name forward next, as you have been doing for the last 20 minutes of the players who didn't live up to their price tag

I only put them forward because you lot don't seem to see past your rafanation, and don't seem to see he made some mistakes.

I admit hes made some good signings, I even said I thought he was a good manager, but you can't dispute the fact that he has had enough money to make a title challenging team, and all he is going to leave you with is a team that will struggle to break the top four next season.

Anyway, I cba to argue over a topic I don't know much, or care, about. :)

I think it's fair to say Rafa's good buys easily cancel out his bad ones.

His departure has just been confirmed on SSN. Liverpool FC have apparently released a statement.

Yeah, Benitez has officialy been fired. It's on the website and everything. We're ******

Back