Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

Why would you prefer Carroll over Bent, though? Just curious.

Read my last two posts.

Carroll for £30m
Bent for £24

I know which I'd rather all day long.

Dzeko £27m

Dzeko > Bent > Carroll - Although I guess there's an extra £5m - £10m due to him being English.

I'd rather we went out and spent £40m on a "world class" player such as Pato or Aguero rather than buying Carroll but we'll wait and see.

Why would you prefer Carroll over Bent, though? Just curious.

For me, because he is younger, and the fact I think he'd be more of a complete partner for Luis Suarez. That, and the fact he is just the kind of number 9 Kenny likes to have in his team.

30million is still way to much for Carroll. Just because someone overspent on Bent doesn't mean it is right for other clubs to over bid.

The comparison that should being made is the foreign strikers you can get for 30.

Don't understand why Ashley has rejected it, 30million pounds for him is ridiculous. He is a good player but hasn't done enough to prove he is worth the 20mill + fee.

For me, because he is younger, and the fact I think he'd be more of a complete partner for Luis Suarez. That, and the fact he is just the kind of number 9 Kenny likes to have in his team.

Yes, his youth is a big factor but it could be as much of a hindrance as a positive. Strikers tend to be at their best when they hit their 'peak years' at their late 20's, moving into their early 30's... see David Villa, Didier Drogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, etc. Not to mention his lack of Premiership experience may count against him at times. Bent has a goalscoring record that is one of the best in the Premiership, and has been playing in the competition for a long, long time now. He isn't old either, he is still rather young by outfield player standards, and reaching his peak far quicker than Carroll.

Can't really comment on a partnership with Suarez, since I haven't seen him play in the Premiership yet; it would be difficult to choose just what type of player complements him best.

Personally, if we hadn't already tried Darren Bent, I'd rather pay 24 million for him than fork out 30 million for an unproven youth.

next few hours are going to be exciting, looks like Pool are prepared to let Torres go if they can get 50m for him and are already trying to spend it

In my opinion, £30m is a fee Newcastle will never get offered again for Carroll and I cannot see Carroll going for more than £30m in any future possible resale.

Don't you guys think you could get Neymar for around the same price in the relatively near future????? Who would you prefer, Neymar or Carroll?

I'm not just saying this because of FM, honestly I've only watched him play a couple of times, but Brazilians rate Neymar really, really highly. That being said who knows if he's cut out for the Prem. But I think I'd take him over Carroll.

Don't you guys think you could get Neymar for around the same price in the relatively near future????? Who would you prefer, Neymar or Carroll?

I'm not just saying this because of FM, honestly I've only watched him play a couple of times, but Brazilians rate Neymar really, really highly. That being said who knows if he's cut out for the Prem. But I think I'd take him over Carroll.

doubt Neymar will go to Pool, apparently Chelsea have a long standing interest in him and we have spoken several times with his agent and father on a possible move to West London, but aparently they belive he is 2 young as of now to move abroad, either way this is a different story

wtf just woke up and we have had 30mil bid rejected for caroll this transfer window is utter madness

wtf just woke up and we have had 30mil bid rejected for caroll this transfer window is utter madness

Have the Barcodes or us officially confirmed that a £30 mil offer has been made or is it the usual ' From a source close to.... ' rubbish. I can't for the live of me see FSG coughing that amount up for Caroll. They've got too much business savy to make such a knee-jerk splurge.

Carroll valued at £30mill. that makes Torres worth £60mill imo, twice the player of Carroll!

Liverpool are expected to go back in for the lad should Torres go to Chelsea, which is looking likely now.

30 million on a targetman.

City spent less on Dzeko who's better.
Llorente would cost less and is a full Spanish International.

Overpriced English players FTL.

Newcastle cancel press conference this afternoon. Think he is on his way.

Probably the most ridiculous transfer bid I have ever seen, I mean really? 30m for any player is steep. Like others have said, think who you should really be going for if you are going to pay that kind of money.

What’s worse is that Alex is trying to justify it, give over son. I know people like to stand up for their club but come on!!! It’s Andy Carroll for **** sake!

I seriously cannot believe it, the guy grossly over rated. He isn’t exactly a player with great finish, he isn’t proven at the top level (a semi decent half season doesn’t give you the value of 30m) his 2nd touch is a tackle and he doesn’t have any pace.

Newcastle rejecting it was just as staggering.

In the debate about Bent and his shocking transfer fee. At least you can half justify it.

.They are a club in a desperate situation, fighting relegation and lacking goals. Liverpool is safe mid table and are about to sign Suarez to add additional fire power

.He is a proven goal scorer, not many of them about. Something they need to keep them up.
I really don’t get why they are panic buying when they don’t have to. They are in mid table, picking up under KD and not under any real threat of the drop. Dalglish is only the caretaker until they find the right man for the job. Why shell out millions on players the new manager won’t want and that are not really needed.

30M for Andy Carroll? Christ! I’d just like to add that the Italian league went to **** because of stupid deals like this.

Wow, best window ive seen!

I really can't see him leaving just yet. Maybe next season. Why sell someone who can keep you in the Prem?

30 million on a targetman.

City spent less on Dzeko who's better.
Llorente would cost less and is a full Spanish International.

Overpriced English players FTL.

I would love to bring in Llorente.

It would be interesting to replace Fernando Torres with Fernando Torres