Liverpool Sign Carroll - Also gets number 9 shirt

Probably the most ridiculous transfer bid I have ever seen, I mean really? 30m for any player is steep. Like others have said, think who you should really be going for if you are going to pay that kind of money.

What’s worse is that Alex is trying to justify it, give over son. I know people like to stand up for their club but come on!!! It’s Andy Carroll for **** sake!

I seriously cannot believe it, the guy grossly over rated. He isn’t exactly a player with great finish, he isn’t proven at the top level (a semi decent half season doesn’t give you the value of 30m) his 2nd touch is a tackle and he doesn’t have any pace.

Newcastle rejecting it was just as staggering.

In the debate about Bent and his shocking transfer fee. At least you can half justify it.

.They are a club in a desperate situation, fighting relegation and lacking goals. Liverpool is safe mid table and are about to sign Suarez to add additional fire power

.He is a proven goal scorer, not many of them about. Something they need to keep them up.
I really don’t get why they are panic buying when they don’t have to. They are in mid table, picking up under KD and not under any real threat of the drop. Dalglish is only the caretaker until they find the right man for the job. Why shell out millions on players the new manager won’t want and that are not really needed.

30M for Andy Carroll? Christ! I’d just like to add that the Italian league went to **** because of stupid deals like this.
Totally spot on, and the league has never truly recovered from that. At 30M, that would be a record transfer for a British player. FFS that’s more than Rio Ferdinands deal

So glad i took the day off work to watch this ****.

I love watching rich chumps make panic buys.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Also just to add. The lads injured at the moment, for an undetermined amount of time having broken down whilst recovering, Newcastle confirmed they don't have an expected return date for him.

Why are 'Pool trying to buy someone who potentially won't kick a football for 3 months?

This is mad. Yes he is overpriced, but this is because we need a new striker if/when Torres goes and there are only eight and a half hours of the window left with very few options.

Not that difficult to understand really.

United have often overpaid for players but have done so because the player has been what was needed to win trophies.

This is mad. Yes he is overpriced, but this is because we need a new striker if/when Torres goes and there are only eight and a half hours of the window left with very few options.

Should have sold him 2 weeks ago to give you enough time to replace him then. (A)

Simple thing to do would be to reject the bid and tell Chelsea to do one unless they give you Anelka as part of the deal.

Not that difficult to understand really.

United have often overpaid for players but have done so because the player has been what was needed to win trophies.

a more suitable option would be Diego Forlan, I am pretty sure Pool can outid Spurs if the Torres deal goes through

30m for Carrol... And I thought some of Hughes era City transfers were crazy...

Should have sold him 2 weeks ago to give you enough time to replace him then. (A)

Simple thing to do would be to reject the bid and tell Chelsea to do one unless they give you Anelka as part of the deal.

One of the main reasons we're so ****** with him is because he put his transfer request in so late, thus giving us liitle or no time to find an AVAILABLE replacement.

Anelka is too old now. FSG habitually get players in who will have a reasonable resale value ie: young and promising. Anelka's value will depreciate the older he gets. This would be almost certainly his last big move. Plus his attitude is suspect to say the least.

One of the main reasons we're so ****** with him is because he put his transfer request in so late, thus giving us liitle or no time to find an AVAILABLE replacement.

Anelka is too old now. FSG habitually get players in who will have a reasonable resale value ie: young and promising. Anelka's value will depreciate the older he gets. This would be almost certainly his last big move. Plus his attitude is suspect to say the least.
clearly this has been on the cards for longer than the last two days though, i'd be incredibly suprised if the heirarchy have been caught so flat footed by this

The Editor:
Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it. Follow me on Twitter - @skysportsed

£35m fee accepted. Huge statement of intent.

Bye Nando. *****.

£35m fee accepted. Huge statement of intent.

Bye Nando. *****.
This could be quite a good deal for Pool, im a fan of Carroll i think he and suarez could work well..

BUT im still convinced Torres wont sign for Chelsea so you will have Torres and Suarez!

jesus christ £35 million? I know he's a ****** talented player, but christ on a harley davidson. This is ridiculous

Good player, but 35M is OTT really. Defenitly going to be an interesting evening.

£35,000,000 for Andy Carroll

oO)