Liverpool: So, Whose Fault Is It?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 13K
Meh, my opinion lies roughly in the middle of this shambles people try to call a debate.

I think Rafa managed Liverpool fairly successfully during his stint as boss. Obviously the Champions' League win stands out as his one fantastic achievement which it quite rightly it, although I still think he managed to get Liverpool to overachieve massively to win it. What I thought he did bring to the side though, was a stability week-in, week-out. He made sure that Liverpool remained a top 4 club for the majority of his tenure in the face of worsening financial (mis)management. Despite having less money to spend the results were generally acceptable, which shows good handling of the club's resources. I don't think his activity in the transfer window was the best though. I know he didn't have the biggest budget, that he did make a few great signings and that he didn't lose much money through transfers, but some of his signings were a long way off Premiership standard in my opinion. Although I'd have like to see who he'd try to capture if he'd stayed for the takeover and increased budget!

And regarding Hodgson's start, I still think their league position doesn't reflect either the quality of the squad or Hodgson's managerial ability. Yes, I disagree with the formation he uses but Liverpool should still be around mid table with any manager due to the quality of players they have. I think he's had a very poor start, but I'd predict a sharp upturn in form in the near future, and probably a top-half finish.

Rafa is not perfect, I have never said he was.

Roys succes with Fulham doesn't even compare to the job he has at Liverpool. To think that the jobs are even remotely similar and that it takes the same skills to manager both clubs is just naive.

Hodgson was the next England Manager? Clearly the FA haven't learnt from McLaren then.

he was backed and bigged up by most of the liverpool fans slating him know( granted you wherent one of them)

He still proved he knows the modern game well.

Just because they arnt playing well right now dosnt suddenly make them non world class. When they are playing to the best of their abilitys they are world class. Just like Essien last year wasnt playing as well as he is this year.

I'd say 3 world class players then, who would consider Meireles world class ? He has played all his career in Portugal until Liverpool, and has not looked great for Liverpool so far, partly due to him being played out of position.

I'm not sure if he will adjust to English game yet, time will tell, he tried to tackle Yakubu in the derby and nearly got bounced out of goodison

Just because they arnt playing well right now dosnt suddenly make them non world class. When they are playing to the best of their abilitys they are world class. Just like Essien last year wasnt playing as well as he is this year.

No Essien wasen't playing last year remember he was injured. At the moment Liverpool have 2 class players on the pitch at the moment and that is it.

Chelsea: Cech, Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Anelka, Malouda and Drogba = 8
Man Utd: VDS, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Nani, Rooney =7
Arsenal: Clichy, Vermaelen, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie =5
Man City: Hart, Toure, De Jong, Silva, Tevez =5
Everton: Howard, Jagielka, Arteta, Cahill =4
Spurs: Gomes, King, Modric, VDV, Bale = 4

Pool have been left behind im afraid and its time to realise that.

No Essien wasen't playing last year. At the moment Liverpool have 2 class players on the pitch at the moment and that is it.

You Missed out Berbatov

No Essien wasen't playing last year remember he was injured. At the moment Liverpool have 2 class players on the pitch at the moment and that is it.

Jeez, I wonder how Liverpool will take to being bottom of 'CJACKO's official World Class players' list? Hodgson'll probably top himself...

he was backed and bigged up by most of the liverpool fans slating him know( granted you wherent one of them)

He still proved he knows the modern game well.

The majority of football fans are fickle, I already know that.

He doesn't know the modern game, that's his problem. He plays exactly the same style of football as he always has. Even if he did know the modern game, the modern game at a side like Fulham doesn't even compare to that at Liverpool.

Torres isen't playing like i world class striker at the moment and neither is Merieles. Like i said only 2 world class players Reina and Gerrard.

Bollocks. If Torres isn't world class because he's stuggling, Rooney isn't andVan Persie isn't.. Nor is King. Howard, Arteta and Jagielka are not world class. If they are, so is Merieles and Agger.

Jeez, I wonder how Liverpool will take to being bottom of 'CJACKO's official World Class players' list? Hodgson'll probably top himself...

Just my opinion thats all, im pretty sure not many will agree.

The majority of football fans are fickle, I already know that.

He doesn't know the modern game, that's his problem. He plays exactly the same style of football as he always has. Even if he did know the modern game, the modern game at a side like Fulham doesn't even compare to that at Liverpool.

He has had 8 games, give him a break, Most of which you wherent expected to win, the only result that crys out to me as a disaster is the blackpool result. and these things happen

(bolding parts of the posts, doesnt make me take anymore attention to them)

Bollocks. If Torres isn't world class because he's stuggling, Rooney isn't andVan Persie isn't.. Nor is King. Howard, Arteta and Jagielka are not world class. If they are, so is Merieles and Agger.

Torres wouldn't get in the Everton side at the moment on his form and they need a striker.

You missed out that you said Torres is struggling, so he ISN'T world class. Yet you list Rooney as world class?

Rooney isen't scoring goals but like Utd fans will point out he is still getting involved making goals etc. Torres is just lifeless and looks fed up.

Rooney isen't scoring goals but like Utd fans will point out he is still getting involved making goals etc. Torres is just lifeless and looks fed up.

Van Persie is still world class despite being injured?

He has had 8 games, give him a break, Most of which you wherent expected to win, the only result that crys out to me as a disaster is the blackpool result. and these things happen

(bolding parts of the posts, doesnt make me take anymore attention to them)

The results don't give you the full story. Liverpool have been utterly dreadful under Roy. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go back and rewatch the games.

Instead of listing the games where we played badly I'll make things easier and list the ones where we put in a half decent performance... FK Rabotnicki (the pub team), Steua, Arsenal (2nd Half only). That leaves 11.5 games where we did nothing at all.

To be fair we should have realised this season was going to be shockingly bad when our first friendly was cancelled due to a thunderstorm:P

The results don't give you the full story. Liverpool have been utterly dreadful under Roy. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go back and rewatch the games.

Instead of listing the games where we played badly I'll make things easier and list the ones where we put in a half decent performance... FK Rabotnicki (the pub team), Steua, Arsenal (2nd Half only). That leaves 11.5 games where we did nothing at all.
11 games. second half against us was good. roy finally worked that you should passing the ball along the ground to torres

11 games. second half against us was good. roy finally worked that you should passing the ball along the ground to torres

That was probably Gerrard going into '**** it' mode, and stop listening to Roy and doing what is obviously the correct decision.

Back