• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 399
  • Views Views 22K

Who Will Win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladly take the draw after we went down but still not happy. Now we only have Vermaelen and Djourou as fit center backs god help us if one of those get injured

arsenal fans? how does it feel to get a rather lucky (imo) point against ten men?
i think we deserved 3 points today, just because of how well we defended with 10 men....
Don't try and start an argument..

arsenal fans? how does it feel to get a rather lucky (imo) point against ten men?
i think we deserved 3 points today, just because of how well we defended with 10 men....
you were lucky not to have conceded in the first half. lets not forget you were the home team. yet this game felt like it was at the emirates the way you played. both goals came from mistakes rather than good play, but overall arsenal were the better side.

i gotta say, if rafa had been in charge and it had ended this way, i get the feeling that he'd be getting a fair amount of flak for this

What did neutrals expect from this game, first game of the season, nobody wanted to lose. We weren't fortunate to get an easy first game, at home to WBA. At least it wasn't as boring as City v Tottenham - Liverpool deserved the 3 points, but the biggest positives from this game are N'Gog getting a goal and Torres looking like he's coming back to being his old self.

What? You deserved three points because you spent the whole game defending? Good one (Y). It was a rather lucky point, because we didn't do anything with the ball despite our dominance. Neither goalkeepers covered themselves in glory. Almunia made a couple of decent saves, but shouldn't have conceded at the near post, although it was a very good finish. Reina obviously scored an OG, which is a pity for him, because he made two or three very good saves.

In conclusion, it feels pretty good, because we didn't play well, and we got a point. How does it feel to get a rather lucky (imo) point at home?

Feels even better.

What did neutrals expect from this game, first game of the season, nobody wanted to lose. We weren't fortunate to get an easy first game, at home to WBA. At least it wasn't as boring as City v Tottenham - Liverpool deserved the 3 points, but the biggest positives from this game are N'Gog getting a goal and Torres looking like he's coming back to being his old self.

you can only win whats put out in front of you!! and torres had nothing to do the minutes would have been more efficiant than anything.

Gladly take the draw after we went down but still not happy. Now we only have Vermaelen and Djourou as fit center backs god help us if one of those get injured

Yeah, but for Blackpool at home. Not too worried, but disappointing end to his debut.

you can only win whats put out in front of you!! and torres had nothing to do the minutes would have been more efficiant than anything.

You wouldnt of beaten Arsenal or Liverpool though, They could both beat West Brom when they play them at home this season.

A perfect result from a Manchester United point of view. 4 title rivals drop points on the opneing weekend, all we need now is a win tomorrow and its pretty much the perfect way to start the season.

Don't try and start an argument..

you were lucky not to have conceded in the first half. lets not forget you were the home team. yet this game felt like it was at the emirates the way you played. both goals came from mistakes rather than good play, but overall arsenal were the better side.

i gotta say, if rafa had been in charge and it had ended this way, i get the feeling that he'd be getting a fair amount of flak for this

These

It was interesting to hear carragher thinking that Chamakh might have fouled Reina;
did Pepe have it in two hands? :S not sure but still; they still scored. Not a bad point.
I'd have taken it if someone had said we'd go down to ten men at half time and draw 1-1 :/

chin up reina! :D

You wouldnt of beaten Arsenal or Liverpool though, They could both beat West Brom when they play them at home this season.

No-one knows if Chelsea could have beaten them, don't say it like it's a fact.

And I was impressed by the spirit Liverpool showed after the break. A point is a decent result for Liverpool considering the circumstances with the sending off. But it must be gutting to lose a late goal having held out for so long, but in my opinion Arsenal deserved it. I thought Arsenal were pretty poor, and will have to improve if they're to make an impact this season.

EDIT - Arsene Wenger 'didn't see' Joe Cole's challenge XD

After a disappointing first half, the game really livened up and the 2nd half was pretty manic at times.

Annoyed with Almunia for his poor positioning (And numerous flaps during the match) but what else should we expect of him?

I personally think we may have deserved more but I'm not too disheartened by a draw at Anfield. Needless to say, when the equaliser went in I went mental.

Eagerly looking forward to the Arsenal v Blackpool match.

fair result but liverpool have more work to do out of the two sides

Why is it, on every liverpool thread, there is arguments ha ha

I think Liverpool have plenty of work to do. They were too cagey and too disicplined in my opinion

Great. We keep playing like this and we'll have to worry about a lot more than just missing 4th place. Yippee :(

Billy said:
I'm predicting 1-1*. Gerrard to score first, with Arsenal to score late-on to secure a point.

I'm glad it ended in a draw. Less points for our competitors.

Boring first-half, and a scrappy second-half, but that did make it enjoyable at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back