• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 399
  • Views Views 22K

Who Will Win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldnt of beaten Arsenal or Liverpool though, They could both beat West Brom when they play them at home this season.

how can you even say that haha. it never happend and even if it did we would have been big favourates.

Just got back from it, here's my verdict

Arsenal bossed the possession first half, without creating much if anything, N'gog looked lost, Jovanovic should have done better, was happy to get to half time 0-0, Was I the only one that thought Wilshere's tacke was awful? Cole is not the synical type of player, but he left his leg in, and got what expected. We jumped right out of the stables, N'gog grabbed a brilliant goal. Arsneal still had the same problem, all that possession and nothing really coming from it, we were playing well with what we were given. We were doing well with ten men, and Aggers head injury, sometimes 9 men, I feel sorry for Reina, conceding that, but I nearly cummed when Gerrard nearly scored. This is just my view from what I saw, Were the possible penalties, penalties? Verdict on Wilshere/Coles red? Etc

Mascherano played brilliant until his injury, the whole team can be proud of the second half, and feel hard done by.
Torres' return obviously a nice entry
Arsenal need a deadly striker, with all their possesion, nothing looked like happening, really.

Oh, I forgot one thing :3
The referee has a reputation for giving liverpool Nothing, even the commentators mentioned it, he is awful, it was guess work for lots of it

Thought Gerrard's challenge was the worst tbh, his studs up went right on to the foot.

Thought it was a fair result overall on the balance of play. Pleased aswell in terms of two big teams dropping points.
As for the red cards, I thought both were pretty harsh, especially Arsenal's. Coles was understandable but still a bit wreckless at the same time. Arsenal's red was a case of the referee trying to balance the books, allbeit a bit late in the day. A clear ball to hand, even spiderman reflexes would have had trouble getting out the way

Just signed in.

Arsenal realy need Scwarzer as if Almunia is in goal we will never win anything again.

Great Debuts from Chamakh and Koschienly (SP)

Just signed in.

Arsenal realy need Scwarzer as if Almunia is in goal we will never win anything again.

Great Debuts from Chamakh and Koschienly (SP)
How, just how? I thought Chamakh was woeful :S
As I said earlier, you still need a new goal scoring striker

it was a good aerial challenge from chamakh, maybe he could have punched, but still a little harsh on him
Yeah the aerial challenge wasn't really reina's fault but when he was running back towards his own goal and effectively pushed it in while trying to catch the ball; That was a howler and he could have clearly done better.

What did neutrals expect from this game, first game of the season, nobody wanted to lose. We weren't fortunate to get an easy first game, at home to WBA. At least it wasn't as boring as City v Tottenham - Liverpool deserved the 3 points, but the biggest positives from this game are N'Gog getting a goal and Torres looking like he's coming back to being his old self.
oO) Despite being 0-0 that was a really good game.

Feel so sorry for Reina!

Both fans can't be devastated by the result though, pretty much all of the teams aiming at Champions League football are on even terms, thought it was a good game in all honesty.. Laughed at Joe Cole too.

Yeah the aerial challenge wasn't really reina's fault but when he was running back towards his own goal and effectively pushed it in while trying to catch the ball; That was a howler and he could have clearly done better
it bounced off the post and hit him when he was two yards away, very difficult for him to get out of the way of that

Agreed, and how was Koschienly pleasing? He got sent off! Sure, he looked solid at times, but he has not got himself banned for a number of games, hardly pleasing..

Agreed, and how was Koschienly pleasing? He got sent off! Sure, he looked solid at times, but he has not got himself banned for a number of games, hardly pleasing..
one game, it was two yellow cards

As I said earlier, you still need a new goal scoring striker

I'm an Arsenal fan and I agree. Chamakh is great and all but we need a spearhead. Someone like Drogba and Torres to lead the line and score. Not Van Persie and Arshavin who lay back and create the goals along with Fabregas. Bendtner could do the job but he needs to improve.

As the for GK I believe Almunia can do the job, Fabianski probably not but a new GK is needed. It's hard to go against an Arsenal player and say they should go if you support them though. :'(

Koscielny was brilliant. He restricted Torres and the sending off shouldn't have been one. It was more of a Ball to Hand since he can't move his hand away quick enough. What about N'Gog, he obviously hand balled it on purpose but any cards? No, he was clsoer to the goal than Koscielny was.

Last edited:
Plus Koscienly over-reacted from Coles tackel, sure it was a foul, probably a red, but still he rolled around madly and got stretchered off to come back on perfect

I'd have to see the replay again but from what i remember the ball had already hit the post and bounced on the ground before reina got to it and pushed it in.

Just seen it again. Was a lot more difficult than i thought but he could have done better.

Last edited:
I'd have to see the replay again but from what i remember the ball had already hit the post and bounced on the ground before reina got to it and pushed it in.
I didn't see it, I blinked D: My Dad had to describe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back