• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 399
  • Views Views 22K

Who Will Win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we down to one centre back with that red card? Djourou is injured and Koscielny is suspended, we've only got Vermaelen.

Djourou should be fit for Blackpool at home. If he's not, Sagna or Song can fill in. Koscielny is only away for one game anyway, so all's good i hope. Hopefully though, we'll sign Emir Spahic this week.

He was faking it? Are you ******* serious?

This, as i just quoted from Wenger.

Jovanovic had one chance. Johnson cut in from the right, beat Thomas Vermaelen and had a good effort from outside the area. Vela, Bendtner, Chamakh will all score goals this season, we have other transfer priorities, we're not Man City, who can buy two or three strikers a season for £20+ million.. Kuyt didn't do much, he worked hard, as he always does, but didn't create enough chances along with Cole, as your starting philosophy meant their role to link up play was inhabited as well as playing the long ball game.
Calm down, From were I was sitting it seemed miraculous how he was fine afterwards
Yes, As I said he had A chance. Cole was pretty awful until his sending off

im not even sure what joe cole's role was today, he just floated about doing very little, couple of touches here and there, then gets sent off

Arsenal seemed to lack any kind of product today, mark my words, they'll never win the league again under Wenger., they need Adebayor back, him combined with Cesc were what made Arsenal in recent years.

Arsenal seemed to lack any kind of product today, mark my words, they'll never win the league again under Wenger., they need Adebayor back, him combined with Cesc were what made Arsenal in recent years.

Adebayor XD

Agreed.

Arsene Wenger is planning for the future, not for now, I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan, personally.

(I'm not saying County are full of glory, Arsenal just seem like a team that won't do any better than 3rd)

We haven't won anything in recent years, so why would we want what we've been like? You've just contradicted yourself.

Sorry let me rephrase that, you looked much more likely to win anything in the past five years when you had Adebayor than now you don't. You came close to winning a trophy a few years back with a squad that included qualit players like Adebayor and Flamini that haven't been replaced. Yet young players with potential have been brought in, Arsene's strategy seems for 5 years time, not now.

However, it seems that when these young players are developed they are flogged to fund new ones. They need to stop building for the future and focus on now.​

Sorry let me rephrase that, you looked much more likely to win anything in the past five years when you had Adebayor than now you don't. You came close to winning a trophy a few years back with a squad that included qualit players like Adebayor and Flamini that haven't been replaced. Yet young players with potential have been brought in, Arsene's strategy seems for 5 years time, not now.

However, it seems that when these young players are developed they are flogged to fund new ones. They need to stop building for the future and focus on now.​

What young players with potential have we bought this year? Koscielny and Chamakh are hardly 'young'. Adebayor wanted to leave, and was on huge wages. 25m is a nice fee for someone who only had one good season. We haven't really signed any players that have potential this year, so who's to say Wenger isn't changing. We have players that are maturing, and you are writing us off after one game.

What young players with potential have we bought this year? Koscielny and Chamakh are hardly 'young'. Adebayor wanted to leave, and was on huge wages. 25m is a nice fee for someone who only had one good season. We haven't really signed any players that have potential this year, so who's to say Wenger isn't changing. We have players that are maturing, and you are writing us off after one game.
Not really 'massive' signings though are they? You released Gallas who was very good last season, and brought in a lad nobody has heard of before, of course he could turn good like Vermaelen but its another gamble by Wenger.

You haven't bought a goalscorer like you need imo, Chamakh is not a goalscorer. You're stuck with the same old keeper who continually ***** up every season, why not go out and buy Akinfeev? He's said he wants to come, you've got the money, yet you're bidding for Schwarzer who's got about 1/2 seasons left at most.

I just don't see where you're going with those buys? Just seems like your trying to consolidate your 3rd position tbh.

Last edited:

But Koscielny and Chamakh are hardly going to win you the league, are they? Maybe not youth but still not enough of a step forward for a title challenge, also Wenger said Arsenal can outspend Chelsea, I don't see Arsenal making any marquee signings, I see them barely spending anything, the biggest signing of the Summer was a free.

You're looking to play for your third place, not the title, the fans feel they somehow deserve.

What bright young players have we flogged to fund new ones? Merida didn't sign a new contract. Wenger knows when the time is right to let a player go. Pires, Henry, Vieira, Flamini, Toure haven't done anything since leaving the club... Meanwhile, we've hung onto Fabregas. Arsenal's youngsters have been getting better and better, and we're playing beautiful football. A couple of seasons ago we were very much in the PL running, then Eduardo got injured, and our season collapsed. The year after, we struggled for fourth, then last season we were still technically in the race until we drew to a defensive Man City and a lucky Tottenham side. We're getting better and better, and the players are maturing. Yes its frustrating at times, but i'd never hate supporting my club... We will win the title again under Wenger, and you're already judging our season after one game.

Does that mean Birmingham are going to get relegated because they drew to Sunderland, a club with a similar reputation?

Not really 'massive' signings though are they? You released Gallas who was very good last season, and brought in a lad nobody has heard of before, of course he could turn good like Vermaelen but its another gamble by Wenger.

You haven't bought a goalscorer like you need imo, Chamakh is not a goalscorer. You're stuck with the same old keeper who continually ***** up every season, why not go out and buy Akinfeev? He's said he wants to come, you've got the money, yet you're bidding for Schwarzer who's got about 1/2 seasons left at most.

I just don't see where you're going with those buys?
Don't talk **** Max, Vermaelen is the biggest load of dung since Ali Dia... I still don't get how people rate him, he is incredibly overrated. On topic, Arsenal just keep building and building for the future, but there is very little end product. Wenger needs to spend money to actually challenge for cups rather than consolidate 3rd place each year

a lot of knee jerk reactions to one game. dont people have any patience any more?

I just don't see where you're going with those buys? Just seems like your trying to consolidate your 3rd position tbh.

It's not Football Manager Max. Wenger doesn't like spending, considering we're a) just coming out of a recession, and b) not ridiculously rich, because we're not owned by a billionaire from Dubai.

What bright young players have we flogged to fund new ones? Merida didn't sign a new contract. Wenger knows when the time is right to let a player go. Pires, Henry, Vieira, Flamini, Toure haven't done anything since leaving the club... Meanwhile, we've hung onto Fabregas. Arsenal's youngsters have been getting better and better, and we're playing beautiful football. A couple of seasons ago we were very much in the PL running, then Eduardo got injured, and our season collapsed. The year after, we struggled for fourth, then last season we were still technically in the race until we drew to a defensive Man City and a lucky Tottenham side. We're getting better and better, and the players are maturing. Yes its frustrating at times, but i'd never hate supporting my club... We will win the title again under Wenger, and you're already judging our season after one game.

Does that mean Birmingham are going to get relegated because they drew to Sunderland, a club with a similar reputation?
Won the treble with barcelona.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back