Liverpool v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter madmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren Bent? :O

I'd say that's the exception which disproves the rule really. He was bought because their strikers are pretty crappy (Carew/Heskey) offer little to the team. Bent offers goals, and more goals. Any others you could think of?

I'd say that's the exception which disproves the rule really. He was bought because their strikers are pretty crappy (Carew/Heskey) offer little to the team. Bent offers goals, and more goals. Any others you could think of?

Maybe not on single players, but we spend a **** of a lot (or have over recent years) on a whole bunch of lesser ones. It's only recently that we've started actually forming a squad and condensing down those smaller fees into lump sums for quality players such as Bent.

Milner wouldn't be THAT expensive anyway. 15 mil? Maybe more. It's hardly an otherworldly sum for us considering we paid 12 mil for a Championship winger who was injured at the time.

Depends how you define large amount. They don't spend massive sums, but under MON I'd say they did spend a disproportionate sum for players.

Bored, so looking around a City forum. And the negativity on there is amazing. It seems they all want Mancini sacked, and are crititcal of basically all their players. Kolarov, Hart, Barry, Ballotelli, Dzeko, Toure, all coming in for major stick.

whatta result.
wow. just wow.

For as good as Liverpool were, Man City were just as bad. Such an easy game for us.

Nice to see the Liverpool of old as well, pass and move, pass and move all the time. Was lovely to watch, and it looks like Kenny and Steve Clarke are having more and more of an impact each week.

Need to have more games like against Man Utd/Man City and less like against West Ham/West Brom.

RE: Flanagan, wasn't really tested tbh, was a good debut though none the less, and got forward well. Would've liked to have seen him against Johnson though, someone who'd have run at him & how well he'd have coped.

RE: City, isn't there rumours a load of players want to leave i.e Silva, Tevez etc.? if so, can we have Silva please?

Bored, so looking around a City forum. And the negativity on there is amazing. It seems they all want Mancini sacked, and are crititcal of basically all their players. Kolarov, Hart, Barry, Ballotelli, Dzeko, Toure, all coming in for major stick.

Don't see what Toure has done wrong at all, bit wierd.

Really goes to show the poison that a sense of entitlement engenders, doesn't it...

RE: City, isn't there rumours a load of players want to leave i.e Silva, Tevez etc.? if so, can we have Silva please?

That'll be the day. If Silva were to leave it'd be to somewhere in Spain, I think.

whatta result.
wow. just wow.

For as good as Liverpool were, Man City were just as bad. Such an easy game for us.

Nice to see the Liverpool of old as well, pass and move, pass and move all the time. Was lovely to watch, and it looks like Kenny and Steve Clarke are having more and more of an impact each week.

Need to have more games like against Man Utd/Man City and less like against West Ham/West Brom.

RE: Flanagan, wasn't really tested tbh, was a good debut though none the less, and got forward well. Would've liked to have seen him against Johnson though, someone who'd have run at him & how well he'd have coped.

Really thought Mancini missed a trick there nt putting Johnson up against him, hes have pinned him back given him a severe test

Silva wont leave, hes one of the few who has come in and played with 100% effort

Lol...City aren't really going to sell any of the key players. Even if they would miss out on top 5. Only Tevez might leave to Seria A or something. This was just one game and everyone talking like Liverpool are going to be the next Barcelona here. And City are going to be the next Leeds...:D

Thats not the case...Liverpool still have to catch Spurs to the 5th place. 1 win for City and everything is good again....1 loss for Liverpool and everything is bad again..thats how it goes. Dont get carried away by 1 result.

But this is not that bad tbh...everyone knows that you can get spanked at Anfield. United lost..so did Chelsea and now City. It's normal.

Now City only have 6 games left and all should be winnable. With Spurs at home the gardest game. But winnable at home.

We lost our chances to get to the top 3 now. But we still have advantage for 4th...with goal difference and all that.

And Tottenham have arsenal, chelsea, city, liverpool still to play. So i dont think they finish in the top 5. They got the hardest fixture list with 7 games left. But if they finish in the top 4....they really deserve credit. They have been ages outside the top 4...

City could also **** it against those smaller teams.....But fair play to Tottenham if they can nick it with that fixture list ;)

Last edited:
Next season's going to be very interesting indeed. Liverpool, arsenal, city, chelsea, united, and possibly spurs competing for the top four. Someone's going to have to miss out.

That actually made me lol. They clearly weren't up for it and missed De Jong's battling in midfield. You played well, particularly pressing the ball high up the pitch, but I'd be very surprised if City play that poorly at the weekend. It was nice to see Liverpool play well again, but don't get carried away

well i agree that man city wasn't at its best but i think thats because our players seemed really motivated and battling for every ball,running like crazy and playing maybe even above their capabilities...but from what some people say it seems like city came for a sunday picnic not a game,i hope u see my point there :)

Kuyt in particular impressed me last night, never stopped running, saw him on both sides of the pitch, top/bottom/left/right. So chuffed for Carroll, havign a soft spot for Newcastle, only wanted the best for him! Suarez's attitude is amazing, always think the decisions against him are wrong, always looking to get the ball back if he loses it. Man City were dire, Balotelli doesn't appear to want to play.. Lying down after that tackle from Lucas? Just stupid. Liverpool to win all of their remaining games and push for the 4th spot!

Lol...City aren't really going to sell any of the key players. Even if they would miss out on top 5. Only Tevez might leave to Seria A or something. This was just one game and everyone talking like Liverpool are going to be the next Barcelona here. And City are going to be the next Leeds...:D

Thats not the case...Liverpool still have to catch Spurs to the 5th place. 1 win for City and everything is good again....1 loss for Liverpool and everything is bad again..thats how it goes. Dont get carried away by 1 result.

But this is not that bad tbh...everyone knows that you can get spanked at Anfield. United lost..so did Chelsea and now City. It's normal.

Now City only have 6 games left and all should be winnable. With Spurs at home the gardest game. But winnable at home.

We lost our chances to get to the top 3 now. But we still have advantage for 4th...with goal difference and all that.

And Tottenham have arsenal, chelsea, city, liverpool still to play. So i dont think they finish in the top 5. They got the hardest fixture list with 7 games left. But if they finish in the top 4....they really deserve credit. They have been ages outside the top 4...

City could also **** it against those smaller teams.....But fair play to Tottenham if they can nick it with that fixture list ;)

And as Everton have shown on more than one occassion, we could put a major spanner in the works for anybody. So if Man City have the same attitude they displayed last night against us, they'll get their arses kicked.

It isn't the fact you lost to Liverpool. It's the manner in which you lost.

If Tevez leaves...then you'll be in major **** then. He is the main man, without him you would not be in the top 4. If he were to go, who would you replace him with?

If Tevez leaves...then you'll be in major **** then. He is the main man, without him you would not be in the top 4. If he were to go, who would you replace him with?

Ronaldo left United but they are still winning. No one is unreplacable. There aren't many players like him. But if you have an unlimited budget im sure the coach and the scouts find players and tactics that can win without Tevez. So no..i dont think it would affect.

@Joel

Yeah...im not going to let an **** performance like that to ruin my sleep.

It was just 1 game and that wasn't the downfall off City neither the rise of Liverpool. You have to move on to the next game. Nothing is lost yet.

If City doesn't finish in the top 4...then they dont deserve to. And if Spurs do...im going to be the first one to congratulate them. I dont stress things like that.

What i stress and look forward to is the 4 (yes can you believe it? 4!!!) EL CLasico games.

Thats the only games im looking forward to anymore this season.

Last edited:
Ronaldo left United but they are still winning. No one is unreplacable. There aren't many players like him. But if you have an unlimited budget im sure the coach and the scouts find players and tactics that can win without Tevez. So no..i dont think it would affect.

what unlimited budget, again FFP. Thats the difference between us and city, our players actually step up to fill the gaps, the same cannot be said of city's players. Throwing money at a problem isnt always the solution

what unlimited budget, again FFP. Thats the difference between us and city, our players actually step up to fill the gaps, the same cannot be said of city's players. Throwing money at a problem isnt always the solution

Maybe not..but i know City will spend this summer. I dont know if Tevez is actually leaving either. He might stay..idk.

But you can cope without Tevez too. City aren't a 1 man team. There are players like: Kompany, Silva, De Jong.

Tevez is important but not unreplacable. There is Dzeko and Balotelli...who knows if they step up? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back