Liverpool v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter madmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets not go overboard with flanigan, its more to with lack of options, and he was fairly good tonight, mind you he wasnt too tested though

He could of stuck Carra in there quite easily and we would of lost the leadership in the middle an the width but he gave a debut to a young lad whos never played in the Premier league. Put his full trust in him and he delivered. I'd disagree about him being tested as well..

Last edited:
Looked confident and assured on the ball, although it must really help having Carragher's experience beside him and Kuyt's phenominal work ethic in front. Liverpool's midfield were impressive tonight, but City really were woeful and unimaginative

thats why i say fairly good, especially when your opposition are so dire. I mean they didnt even look like they cared that they were getting thumped

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

He could of stuck Carra in there quite easily and we would of lost the leadership an the width but he gave a debut to a young lad whos never played in the Premier league. Put his full trust in him and he delivered. I'd disagree about him being tested as well..

he wasnt tested, that city side was not a test of his skills. he was not under presssure for 90 minutes, he was fairly good on his debut, but lets not go crazy

he wasnt tested, that city side was not a test of his skills. he was not under presssure for 90 minutes, he was fairly good on his debut, but lets not go crazy

Completely disagree. He made a few great tackles and stuck to position well. Also kept the ball well its easy for him to look his composure and boot it forward but he passed quick and simply.

Also there was a few diagonal balls he dealt with well by tracking runs..

Completely disagree. He made a few great tackles and stuck to position well. Also kept the ball well its easy for him to look his composure and boot it forward but he passed quick and simply.

Also there was a few diagonal balls he dealt with well by tracking runs..

that doesnt mean he was tested, he wasnt properly run at, he wasnt forced into making many difficult decisions, and when the game is over in 35 minutes, its a lot easier to look confident

RE Flanagan, yes he played well but I can't really remember one occasion where he was tested by a winger just getting down and running at him.

Let's not get carried away, he played well. But let's wait and see because to be quite frank, this City side was lifeless tonight.

absolute **** - deffo down to city v spurs for that 4th CL spot!

absolute **** - deffo down to city v spurs for that 4th CL spot!

If Chelsea can still win the league according to some pundits, why can't we finish fourth?

I agree in the sense that we won't come fourth, but to say it's definitely down to those two teams is a bit narrow minded.

RE Flanagan, yes he played well but I can't really remember one occasion where he was tested by a winger just getting down and running at him.

Let's not get carried away, he played well. But let's wait and see because to be quite frank, this City side was lifeless tonight.

exactly my point, not saying he isnt a talent, but you cant draw many conclusions from a game like this

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

If Chelsea can still win the league according to some pundits, why can't we finish fourth?

I agree in the sense that we won't come fourth, but to say it's definitely down to those two teams is a bit narrow minded.

anything can happen this season, we've seen the twist and turns already

Now, don't tell me Carroll sucks or it was only one game.. Liverpool is on the right way.. YNWA Liverpool fans..

Now, don't tell me Carroll sucks or it was only one game.. Liverpool is on the right way.. YNWA Liverpool fans..

Always liked Carroll. He's got an extremely bright future, both at club and international level. Looking forward to seeing him develop

In particular I'm pleased for Spearing. We're starting to look like a top 4 team again, and the one thing we need now is consistency.

In particular I'm pleased for Spearing. We're starting to look like a top 4 team again, and the one thing we need now is consistency.

yeah you still have that issue against the "lesser" teams, and you need to cut it out

If we beat Liverpool on Sunday the best they can get is 5th if they beat us :( they have a very good chance of finishing 4th specially if we beat spurs

Always liked Carroll. He's got an extremely bright future, both at club and international level. Looking forward to seeing him develop

there is a lot more to him than aerial targetman, and liverpool will bring that out of him.

yeah you still have that issue against the "lesser" teams, and you need to cut it out

Completely agree; 13 points against the Top 4, 8 against the bottom 4.

there is a lot more to him than aerial targetman, and liverpool will bring that out of him.

Without doubt. With players like Kuyt and Suarez around him, and with the guidance of Dalglish and the coaching staff, he'll simply flourish

"I made a mistake, it was my fault. I'm very sorry for the fans." The Italian refuses to elaborate why. Intriguing.

from BBC news feed. Interesting

they looked poor because we looked good it's simple as that!

That actually made me lol. They clearly weren't up for it and missed De Jong's battling in midfield. You played well, particularly pressing the ball high up the pitch, but I'd be very surprised if City play that poorly at the weekend. It was nice to see Liverpool play well again, but don't get carried away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back