Liverpool v Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter madmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is not only that he made a mistake. Once more Liverpool proved that under Kenny they play very good in the big matches. that is because he motivates them very well..

mancini got a lot of things wrong tonight but he wasnt helped by his players at all, they badly let him down tonight

mancini got a lot of things wrong tonight but he wasnt helped by his players at all, they badly let him down tonight

Very badly. Cannot remember a time, when I've seen a "team" with so much talent, not play as a team, and just simply go through the motions. Fans should get more than an apology-fine the players and give their wages to a charity to be decided by the fans. Disgraceful

Very badly. Cannot remember a time, when I've seen a "team" with so much talent, not play as a team, and just simply go through the motions. Fans should get more than an apology-fine the players and give their wages to a charity to be decided by the fans. Disgraceful

theres a certain core of players, like De Jong/Milner; they need to play as much as possible because they seem to be the only ones that give a **** when the going gets tough. Suprised milner was taken off, definitely a poor decision there.

Sometimes you cant help being thumped, but they went down without a whimper

Am I the only one that thinks Dzeko has had a tougher start to life with his new club than Torres? To be fair at least Torres is being given some service.

City look so lifeless without Silva or Tevez in the team

Am I the only one that thinks Dzeko has had a tougher start to life with his new club than Torres? To be fair at least Torres is being given some service.

City look so lifeless without Silva or Tevez in the team

He gets little supply, especially when johnson is used so sparingly

You can get loads of wages, but money alone doesn't make you successful, they simply didn't play as a team, no fight, desire or willingness. Milner being subbed off sums it up.

Mancini is too weak to manage outside Italy, City won't win the Premier League with him, it will be hard to win it even without him.

You can get loads of wages, but money alone doesn't make you successful, they simply didn't play as a team, no fight, desire or willingness. Milner being subbed off sums it up.

milner was one of the better players, why he was taken off is beyond me tbh

theres a certain core of players, like De Jong/Milner; they need to play as much as possible because they seem to be the only ones that give a **** when the going gets tough. Suprised milner was taken off, definitely a poor decision there.

Sometimes you cant help being thumped, but they went down without a whimper

Definately. I appreciate Anfield is a very tough place to play sometimes, but if you go a couple of goals down, yes the manager brings off a player and replaces him with an additional attacking option/change formation, but also, the players have to at least have the guts to instill some pride from making an effort, even if they do lose. And as you said, De Jong and Milner are the ones who at least try their hardest. If they had another Scott Parker instead of Barry too, maybe the results would've been different. He is definately the inspirational type, and Barry is just not cutting it there. They should look at other players like Parker, who are playing against relegation with their hearts on their sleeves, and be ashamed to be honest. And Silva not playing was also confusing to me.

His head shaking as he was proves the ora around the club's not good.

yeah i see what you mean now. Mancini's time is up i think, theres clearly a divide in the players, those that give 110% and those that dont

Yep. Can see a few transfer requests being lined up soon. Just wondering who'll want to leave first.

Yep. Can see a few transfer requests being lined up soon. Just wondering who'll want to leave first.

I'd love to see Milner here, he'd be a constant first teamer, and his crosses into Carroll would be excellent. To be honest, I think most of their team would get into any top 10 team.

The ones that do are not the sort of players City want in their team anyway. They just have to hope the likes of Hart/ Tevez/ Silva stay. If the rumours about Tevez leaving this summer are true, they will actually be going backwards.

IMO It's about building a team that is cohesive and will stick together long enough to build an understanding. This summer may not have to be about marquee signings for City. Clearly they have the quality to be achieving more, it's about the group becoming just that- a group. At the moment it looks like a bunch of individuals.

Liverpool were the polar opposite tonight. With the possible exception of Suarez, I would argue that none of the others would get into the City team, yet it was a brilliant team performance. All their attacks looked like they had a purpose.

I'd love to see Milner here, he'd be a constant first teamer, and his crosses into Carroll would be excellent. To be honest, I think most of their team would get into any top 10 team.

Hands off. Want Jimmy back here. Everyone wants to play him on the wings; we would play him where he's happiest and best, in the centre.

That would be quite a deadly combo. Kuyt, Carrol, Suarez, Milner....
But Milner would slip into any first team anywhere I agree. I think he's an excellent player.

Hands off. Want Jimmy back here. Everyone wants to play him on the wings; we would play him where he's happiest and best, in the centre.

He can play in the centre then! =P
Villa don't normally spent large amount like would be needed anyhow's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back