Liverpool vs Benfica

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0. Torres & Gerrard.

Come on the mighty reds! I'm sitting right at the back of anfield road if anyone else is going tonight.

I am in the Main Stand, right next to the Kop mate.
I reckon it will be exciting tonight (hopefully). I reckon we will win 3-1. Got a feeling Maxi is going to score tonight, gonna throw a tenner on him to score first, anyone know the starting line-up?
EDIT: Maxi is cup-tied.

Last edited:
I am in the Main Stand, right next to the Kop mate.
I reckon it will be exciting tonight (hopefully). I reckon we will win 3-1. Got a feeling Maxi is going to score tonight, gonna throw a tenner on him to score first, anyone know the starting line-up?

Probably won't released until 45mins before kick off. I don't think it will be that hard to predict the team though. Is Rodriguez even allowed to play. I thought he had already played in Europe.

Probably won't released until 45mins before kick off. I don't think it will be that hard to predict the team though. Is Rodriguez even allowed to play. I thought he had already played in Europe.

He played in the Champs league. so can play in europa league, it is some new rule.

Although everybody expect attacking free-flowing football which is sort of typical for Liverpool, I think it will be 1-0 for The Reds, despite the number of chances on each side. Goal: Mascherano. :))

By the way, what do you, guys, think about Benitez and his tactics? I mean the defense is terrible and the whole playing-style is too hectic and unbalanced... Players loose ball too often because of the inefficient tempo that puts them under pressure. Though they work hard and get the ball back, it costs them a lot of energy. Rafa may also look for some forward in the future - N'gog is his shameful long-lasting mistake (he just doesn''t have what it takes to play Premier League!)... So...?

Don't kill me for this, I'm big Czech Liverpool fan and I'm concerned about troubles Liverpool find themselves in...

"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE STORM..."

Last edited:
Although everybody expect attacking free-flowing football which is sort of typical for Liverpool, I think it will be 1-0 for The Reds, despite the number of chances on each side. Goal: Mascherano. :))

By the way, what do you, guys, think about Benitez and his tactics? I mean the defense is terrible and the whole playing-style is too hectic and unbalanced... Players loose ball too often because of the inefficient tempo that puts them under pressure. Though they work hard and get the ball back, it costs them a lot of energy. Rafa may also look for some forward in the future - N'gog is his shameful long-lasting mistake (he just doesn''t have what it takes to play Premier League!)... So...?

Don't kill me for this, I'm big Czech Liverpool fan and I'm concerned about troubles Liverpool find themselves in...

"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE STORM..."

The team is hardly different from last year, when we were great tbh mate. Losing Alonso was a blow, his passing ability was exceptional and this season Gerrard has often been forced to drop deeper to look for an Alonso-type pass, either wide or to our lone striker, Torres. Far too much pressure was put on Aquilani, I reckon he will be a good player, he hasn't settled well yet but next season he should improve. The only difference in the playing style, is that our full backs are more attacking and we have sacrificed our deep-lying play-maker in favour of now playing a box to box midfielder (Lucas or Aquilani). As we are playing more attacking full-backs, gaps have been left at the back, Ridgewell's goal last week is a good example of Johnson being out of position, Insua has also often been caught out. I agree with you on N'gog, he has been a joke ever since he joined, an absolute joke.

Well,off to watch it. Pretty optimistic today.2-1 Torres & AQUILANI!

I am also leaving now, come on Liverpool!

Liverpool 3 - 3 Benfica XD I just want to see goals

liverpool to go out prob same result as first leg 2-1 to benfica

liverpool 1 - benfica 2

gerrard
carlos martins
aimar

I think Liverpool need to win the Europa League. They struggling to get 4th place and what if they don't get any European place. At least if they win the Europa League they are definately qualified for next season's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.