Liverpool vs Benfica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy with the HT score but so were United yesterday so I just hope everything goes well from now on
Btw Agger looks very assured in the LB role

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Fulham 1-0 up away from home 3-1 up on aggregate for any1 who cares

Yeah Zamora scored after 21 seconds!

Liverpool 3 - 0 Benfica

Kuty
Lucas
Torres

What a goal!!! Some top football there.

odds on Di Maria to score a Robben type volley ?
me thinks 1000-1

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Torres is a durty finisher
Who Better?

edit.. dam coach your quick

Thats what she saidXD
Also, just when I needed cheering up, Liverpool deceide to crush Benfica
At least Fulham are winning
'Pool vs Fulham Final anyone?

edit- FT 4-1

also, Fulham are through

Last edited:
LOL Torres currently getting a random drugs test

Hmm, Gerrard went straight down the tunnel apparently.0_o Right, great result,great atmosphere,very well played all round but when i got back i'm shocked every one said Gerrard played amazing today.I didn't see it.0_o Also, even a half fit Torres' is deadly,and Lucas looks better going forward :D

Hmm, Gerrard went straight down the tunnel apparently.0_o Right, great result,great atmosphere,very well played all round but when i got back i'm shocked every one said Gerrard played amazing today.I didn't see it.0_o Also, even a half fit Torres' is deadly,and Lucas looks better going forward :D

Seriously what have you got against Gerrard? He had a great game tonight.
I though our defensive performance tonight was top notch, Carra and Krygi were top class, snuffing out the majority of their attacks. Agger filled in at left back and looked pretty good there, he got forward very well and defended as we know he can. Dirk Kuyt was also brilliant and Torres did what he did best, finishing with two goals. Johnson was a bit average to be fair, neither attacking or defending well. Benayoun lost the ball far too many times for my liking and Mascherano was pretty good, his passing has really come on and he never dived in as much as he normally does tonight. The goals were good, I wasn't sure what went on for the first one, not sure what the linesman was thinking but it was a legitimate goal and I enjoyed the quick counter attack, great goal. Pleased were through, next up Atletico.

1-0 torres but what is with agger playing left back i kno there isn't insua or aurelio but AGGER left back is silly

Tbh Agger's secondary position is left back and we have no other senior natural left backs at the club. So it was the logical thing to do and he played well...

What? Gerrard had a better game that most players on that field tonight. I think it's because we expect so much of him that if he does 'ok' then we think he does terrible...

Great win tonight. I said we'd win 3-0 to the Benfica fan who ever that is. Atleast I got the goal different bit right. :p

PS. I spilled my coke.. bastards.

Coach Carter - nice call. Thought we'd be lucky to sneak it tonight, but you were nearly spot on with that prediction.

I have manlove for Torres. Best striker I've seen in a Liverpool shirt (only caught the twlight of King Kenny's career I confess, and Sir Roger was long before my time). But Lucas and Kuyt had storming games - finally, someone picked out one of Lucas' runs and he finished it so well. Kuyt was fantastic. Credit to Benny for making sure that Agger didn't get exposed positionally, very impressed by how selfless he was last night doing that.

And was Maradona in the crowd? Mash was spraying the ball around, but I couldn't spot him. Lots of anti-H&G stuff going on though - gf said the tv didn't pick up on it too much though :(

****, wasn't expecting this... At least we've lost against you, my 2nd team...

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Great win tonight. I said we'd win 3-0 to the Benfica fan who ever that is. Atleast I got the goal different bit right. :p

Yes, you told me that. I'm sorry I doubted it, but I wasn't expecting this at all... Great win for you, fully deserved it...

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.