• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there's a bit of nitpicking going on here lol

Get it in your head, that it is wrong carragher stayed on, regardless of reputation the ref should call it how it was... Not on whether Nani has form or not.

right, so should Rafael have also walked?
also, i've never said Carragher should have stated on. It was a red - simple.

EDIT: what's the black thing on Nani's leg?

right, so should Rafael have also walked?
also, i've never said Carragher should have stated on. It was a red - simple.

EDIT: what's the black thing on Nani's leg?

Rafaels was no where near as bad as Carraghers, and i think his reaction to about 10 liverpool players running over, got him sympathy from the ref tbh....

It is the top of his Sock.

Shawcross was made scapegoat and he didn't catch that higher but there was no need for going so hard in that scenario. . Everyone abused shawcross and even till date people mention that. I dont think anyone said Ramsey was playacting or Shawcross didn't deserve Red.

Last comment because we're off topic - but everyone was criticizing Arsenal fans for bemoaning that challenge, claiming it was 50:50 and he didn't mean it. They also said the only reason it was a red card was because of the injury, when photos show that Shawcross kicks him just below the knee with pretty much all his might.

the first one is realistic, its zoomed, dont understand why you are so unwilling to accept this

I'm not trying to just be stubborn and not accept it for the sake of it - I'm just saying that when it's zoomed out, you can see the injury/gash in proportion to the rest of his leg, the zoomed in one has no origin and appears to exaggerate it. I'm just saying and I'm not trying to devalue the injury or tackle - both are very nasty.

What was annoying was People abusing Nani after getting injured and stretchered off. Maybe first time I'm seeing this happening to anyone..

Last comment because we're off topic - but everyone was criticizing Arsenal fans for bemoaning that challenge, claiming it was 50:50 and he didn't mean it. They also said the only reason it was a red card was because of the injury, when photos show that Shawcross kicks him just below the knee with pretty much all his might.

I'm not trying to just be stubborn and not accept it for the sake of it - I'm just saying that when it's zoomed out, you can see the injury/gash in proportion to the rest of his leg, the zoomed in one has no origin and appears to exaggerate it. I'm just saying and I'm not trying to devalue the injury or tackle - both are very nasty.
there is a hand in the picture, that gives you scale

FYi, the first picture looks bad because of camera trickier. We think the gash is much bigger than it is because of the player with his hand on their hips. Makes us think the player is next to Nani and we compare the two. Also people really underestimate the power of some camera's. Some dude took high res pictures of the surface of the moon with a £500 camera or something. I'm sure SKY can pay for camera like that :)
Look at it knowing this and you'll see what I mean
fZv5Yy

Still, Carrager should of been sent off.

Last edited:
Liverpool v Manchester United: Five things we learned

1) Kenny Dalglish has to be appointed as full-time manager now

What's the delay? Liverpool, once again, is a happy place to be. The change in atmosphere is quite remarkable, both in the stands and out on the pitch. The players' body language has changed, as if they have been reminded about what it actually means to play for this club. On 29 December, Liverpool lost here, 1-0 to Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Roy Hodgson's players left the pitch to a mixture of disbelief and voluble anger. It feels like a trick of the mind now. Two months on, Kenny Dalglish has reinvigorated the place. We know he is the man for the job. The fans who serenaded him with a chorus of "Happy birthday" know it makes sense. Over to you, John W Henry.

2) Luis Suárez is more Dennis Bergkamp than Alfonso Alves

When a striker joins English football from the Dutch league there is a natural tendency to reserve judgment. Blame Alfonso Alves, the scorer of 45 goals in one Eredivisie season for Heerenveen who could not tell the difference between a goal and a barn door at Middlesbrough. Or Mateja Kezman, who scored 105 goals in 122 games for PSV Eindhoven but was hopeless for Chelsea. Luis Suárez, however, had already shown in these embryonic stages of his Liverpool career that he could prove to have been an astute piece of transfer business. His vision and awareness of space was a feature of Liverpool's domination; the slalom past four players for the first goal was the game's outstanding moment.

3) Gary Neville might not be around, but the spite is still there

And probably always will be when these two sides lock horns. That little period at the end of the first half, when the tackles started flying and tempers became frayed, reminded us how much it matters for both clubs not to give an inch to their rivals. The referee, Phil Dowd, did a reasonably good job of maintaining a sense of control but he also got the key decisions wrong. Jamie Carragher deserved to be sent off and Rafael da Silva, if to a slightly lesser extent, was also fortunate he did not get a red card for the immature way in which he dived in on Lucas Leiva.

4) Nani is still the kid in the playground

Maybe that's a little harsh and to give him his due Nani, who was taken off on a stretcher at the end of the first half, was entitled to be upset by Jamie Carragher's tackle. And the impact of football studs on flesh – at speed – can be painful in the extreme. And maybe Nani's head was still a little blurred by his accidental contribution to Liverpool's second goal. But crying? Bryan Robson never cried. Roy Keane never cried. Heck, we never even saw tears from Cristiano Ronaldo, the man who wrote the book on football prima donnas. Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but this is not a fixture in which to start blubbing. Don't think for one second that Sir Alex Ferguson was giving Nani a cuddle and passing him chocolate drops in the dressing room. As Tommy Smith growled in the pressbox: "It's Liverpool against Manchester United, for Christ's sake."

5) Michael Carrick is no Xabi Alonso

It would be unfair to make Carrick the only scapegoat for United when the truth is that so many of Ferguson's players could have done better. Wes Brown demonstrated at times why Ferguson has not started him in the Premier League for over a year; Wayne Rooney was on the edges; the usually unflappable Edwin ver dar Sar had a bad afternoon; and we have dealt with Nani above. Yet Carrick leaves you wanting so much more. This is a man who could be United's Xabi Alonso but who never steps forward, as though he does not have it in his personality to decide it is going to be his moment. Is it a question of self belief? Carrick is 30 this year and at that age it is fair to say we will probably never see the player he really could be. He signed a new contract at Old Trafford last week and the reaction among the supporters was underwhelming, to say the least.

source

Still no one said a word against Ramsey. People actually abused Shawcross and was crucified in media.

But check your post on Nani. It was pathetic. Just want to see how you would react if that had happened to Arsenal player.

Still no one said a word against Ramsey. People actually abused Shawcross and was crucified in media.

But check your post on Nani. It was pathetic. Just want to see how you would react if that had happened to Arsenal player.

Which post? The one about him jumping around to complain at the ref? I think I originally said it didn't look like a red card, but as previously said, I only saw it live without a replay and have obviously changed my mind..

I stand by what I said about Nani though - He doesn't make it any easier for himself by falling over after Gerrard touched his shoulder and complaining at the ref. Should've been red, but shouting and moaning won't help.

If Nani isn't injured I can safely say his confidence will be shattered now and he's a player who runs on it. The earlier Park and Valencia are back, the better

4) Nani is still the kid in the playground

Maybe that's a little harsh and to give him his due Nani, who was taken off on a stretcher at the end of the first half, was entitled to be upset by Jamie Carragher's tackle. And the impact of football studs on flesh – at speed – can be painful in the extreme. And maybe Nani's head was still a little blurred by his accidental contribution to Liverpool's second goal. But crying? Bryan Robson never cried. Roy Keane never cried. Heck, we never even saw tears from Cristiano Ronaldo, the man who wrote the book on football prima donnas. Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but this is not a fixture in which to start blubbing. Don't think for one second that Sir Alex Ferguson was giving Nani a cuddle and passing him chocolate drops in the dressing room. As Tommy Smith growled in the pressbox: "It's Liverpool against Manchester United, for Christ's sake.
source

Such a classless **** who ever wrote that. Nani is no keane or Robson. Pathetic comparison.
I have seen Messi crying when he had hamstring injury. So what is the point of this pathetic point?

Such a pathetic article or point.

ifcpaf.png

n'awww bless

i'm trolling, i know <)

Not arguing here, but if you went through the mad minutes Nani went through, you wouldn't exactly be smiling either. So grow up..

Edit - Im not defending Nani, he was a ****

Which post? The one about him jumping around to complain at the ref? I think I originally said it didn't look like a red card, but as previously said, I only saw it live without a replay and have obviously changed my mind..

I stand by what I said about Nani though - He doesn't make it any easier for himself by falling over after Gerrard touched his shoulder and complaining at the ref. Should've been red, but shouting and moaning won't help.

He didn't go down coz of Gerrard touch. He just was not able to stand anymore. You can see the agony on his face..

Not arguing here, but if you went through the mad minutes Nani went through, you wouldn't exactly be smiling either. So grow up..

Edit - Im not defending Nani, he was a ****

i'd be beaming with that assist, was a beauty of a header ;)

mate, i've had an injury similar to Nani's. and i wasn't crying. It hurts - but it isn't enough to cry about.

and, i did say i was trollin' :P

mate, i've had an injury similar to Nani's. and i wasn't crying. It hurts - but it isn't enough to cry about.

and, i did say i was trollin' :P

Yeah but you prob didn't head the ball towards an opposite player who then scored did you |)

Back