Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To the people asking about the comparison to Rodrigo Possebon, in an article I read it stated:

'Having made his first team debut against Newcastle at the start of the 08/09 season, it was thought that Possebon could go on and establish himself as a squad player but after a horror tackle from Emmanuel Pogatez in a 3rd round league cup tie, Possebon’s situation changed. It was initially feared that Possebon had broken his leg and Sir Alex was furious but following a trip to the hospital it was revealed the midfielder had only suffered a deep cut and possible ligament damage. Possebon returned for the first team in November again in the league cup but the momentum was gone.
His play was still as efficient but there was something different in him, it was as if perhaps his confidence had taken a knock after the tackle. At the age of 19 such outcomes are to be expected. He carried on making sparse appearances for the first team picking up a league cup medal as an unused sub before being sent on loan to Sporting Braga in Portugal for the 09/10 season.'

He was loaned out to Braga and didn't play a single game there after there were reportedly problems about his attitude, and was eventually shipped out without playing anymore games for Man Utd.

While Nani is infinitely more established than Possebon was, Possebon was out for about 2 months for what originally seemed like a deep cut and he spiralled after that. We wont know how bad it was until the results of the scan are reported so it could be bad and as stated by other members here, Nani is a very confidence-based player and we don't know how he would be able to recover from an injury like that.

However, I think that it will probably just be a deep cut and maybe other minor damage.

As I have said, I have had far worse injuries and not even been close to crying. He's supposed to be a man ffs.

And you totally didn't read what sunilvk7 posted clearly.
People have different pain thresholds. You either have a very high pain threshold, or the more likely you are just lying to try make yourself look hard.
And to be fair to Nani.
1: He just gifted Liverpool a goal.
2: He just got tackled just below the knee and see's his gash and thinks the worse.
3: Liverpool players and fan's all being thugs towards him because of his reputation.
4: all this on television.

Some quite major emotional effects that most people would never experience and people are calling him a *****. I've seen Gerrard cry just because he didn't win a shiny cup. That's being quite wimpy |)

As I have said, I have had far worse injuries and not even been close to crying. He's supposed to be a man ffs.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Your name says it all, you are a biased ****, so how can anyone take your comments seriously;)

The assist in Liverpools 2nd goal knocked Nanis ego pretty much im sure. Then he gets a tackle like that..and it hurts his confidence even more. So im not very suprised that he cried a bit.

Couldn't have been a much worse day for him.

So he shouldn't be emotional?

Never seen people saying same about these people
p8e.jpg

JohnTerry.jpg

Mourinho-crying-video.jpg

He had an injury. Never seen whatever happened to Messi. Terry missed a pen in the Champions League final, and Mourinho is just a ***.

He had an injury. Never seen whatever happened to Messi. Terry missed a pen in the Champions League final, and Mourinho is just a ***.

Messi had a hamstring injury against Chelsea when he went crying to dug out,

Terry missed a penalty. So? Anelka missed too. By your logic Terry is a ***** as Anelka didn't cry.
I have even said it is just not only physical pain, there is so much mental pain. Many players just can't control the tears.

So missing a penalty causes sooo much pain to cry, yet metal 6 metal studs going full pelt into someones shin doesn't merit that pain?

Seen something on the 'web saying Rafael's tackle was worse than Carragher's because it was a two footed knee height studs first lunge or something. Yet to see it, will wait 'til MOTD.

**** sake, feeling as bad as Joseph Fritzl's daughter.

Always buzzing when I get a chance to go to Anfield nut what a **** performance. Liverpool totally deserved the win, so no complaints on that side.

Only seen some quick highlights and from that pretty sure Carragher should have been sent off. Could see that from where I was sitting. **** knows what Nani was doing but when you have an injury you can easily still walk. For the Liverpool "fans" giving abuse just leave it out, complaining about him play acting. Surely if there is someone getting carried off on a stretcher in the way he was it must be quite obvious that there is a relatively severe injury.

Rafael, at the time from where I was sitting I thought it was a red card but looking back, he didn't make contact with Lucas. Guess it can go either way and the lunge deserved a yellow but shows how football has changed when people are saying players should be sent off when no contact was made.

Looking at the pictures of Nani's injury and from what the club has said then there is a chance of him being out for a while. Possebon was out for months due to something similar, if it is a deep cut then that can have further consequences. Hope nothing is wrong.

Anyway, Liverpool 100% deserved the win, they were good to day and we were shocking.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Your name says it all, you are a biased ****, so how can anyone take your comments seriously;)

Just being honest mate. If I did what Nani did today in a match, my Dad would be absolutely livid.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Seen something on the 'web saying Rafael's tackle was worse than Carragher's because it was a two footed knee height studs first lunge or something. Yet to see it, will wait 'til MOTD.

It was technically, luckily Lucas was unscathed.

I honestly cannot see why United are defending Nani. If it was a Liverpool player who had done that today, I'd be fuming.

Just being honest mate. If I did what Nani did today in a match, my Dad would be absolutely livid.

Lifting premier league is no mean feat. Why would your Dad be livid for that..

On topic though, people need to understand not everyone has the same threshold.. He was very emotional. There was one story where Nani tried to jump out of the car when he injured during World cup as it was so hard for him to take that.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

It was technically, luckily Lucas was unscathed.

I honestly cannot see why United are defending Nani. If it was a Liverpool player who had done that today, I'd be fuming.

The guy was victim of horrible tackle and you are question others for supporting him and still haven't seen any post to blame Carra for teh tackle. As biased as it gets.

Next up, should blame Ramsey and Eduaro for the tackles they suffered?

Lifting premier league is no mean feat. Why would your Dad be livid for that..

On topic though, people need to understand not everyone has the same threshold.. He was very emotional. There was one story where Nani tried to jump out of the car when he injured during World cup as it was so hard for him to take that.

What are you on about? I said if I did what Nani did today, did he lift the Premier League today? Must have missed that, sorry.

I am not sure how that is on-topic..

The guy was victim of horrible tackle and you are question others for supporting him and still haven't seen any post to blame Carra for teh tackle. As biased as it gets.

Next up, should blame Ramsey and Eduaro for the tackles they suffered?

Had Lucas reacted the way Nani did after the Rafael challenge I would have been very angry. Rafael's challenge was techincally worse yet Lucas was straight back up...

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

That was absolutely hilarious.

What are you on about? I said if I did what Nani did today, did he lift the Premier League today? Must have missed that, sorry.

I am not sure how that is on-topic..

I posted on topic and posted ontopic post. Not the first one. Is it so hard to understand..

Had Lucas reacted the way Nani did after the Rafael challenge I would have been very angry. Rafael's challenge was techincally worse yet Lucas was straight back up...

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

That was absolutely hilarious.

Lucas was not injured. Nani was. Did you see the cut? You are comparing two different scenarios. Rafael went in hard, but didnt even touch lucas, even if he did, it was slightest.

Whereas Carra just took Nani off and Nani was bleeding.
This is way beyond joke..

Back