Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this thread has run its course...sick of hearing about the injuries. Liverpool won today, good for them to win their derby and most meaningful match of the season. There were some bad challenges, and one of them resulted in an injury. No one was sent off though, which was too bad. ManU lost but they'll recover and win the League and FA Cup.

/thread

Carragher foul on nani was disgusting, how high his leg was could of broken it and if on the knee which wasnt far could of ended career and i aint exaggerating.

Forget rafael challage, did u see maxi on rafael before that, that should of been red. Just ebcause he didnt connect, full intent was still there and maxi has studs showin and 2 footed just that rafael jumped it so dont go on about rafael was wrong, liverpool should of had 9 men.

Liverpool deserved it tho but i just get ****** off every time people say man u pay refs when we been cheated 2 games in a row.

Just because Nani got caught and come off injured dosent make Carraghers challenge any worse than Rafaels' for me. Both is about the intent simple as that, both are stupid challenges and both deserved a red card but atleast the ref was consistant and gave them both the same punishment.

Fair enough about the tackles, can argue that both are red cards.

What is unfair is comparing the reactions. Two totally different scenarios. Lucas was touched (just) and Nani was clattered.

Oh so Carra is a thug yeah, but Rafael isn't? I suppose Roy Keane isn't either but Steven Gerrard certainly is. oO)

I said dont take it literally. It was just a comment like People made that Rooney is a thug. More like to emphasize on the impact of tackle. Noting else.

It is not just about Tackles. People here expect Nani to act same as Lucas. Just get up and get on with it. How is that even possible.

Nani is getting a bad rap because of the way his conducts himself every week in the PL. He also got up when he saw the ref was only going to produce a yellow card telling the ref to produce a red card and then collapsed to the floor once he realised it actually hurt and there was no way the ref was going to change his mind.

Refs apparently have to go out every game with a clear mind set on the game and every player but when Nani jumps around on the deck every week how can you have any different opinion on him.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Fair enough about the tackles, can argue that both are red cards.

What is unfair is comparing the reactions. Two totally different scenarios. Lucas was touched (just) and Nani was clattered.

Yer i totally agree with ya mate, but like i say Nani jumped up when he saw the ref was only going to produce a yellow card asking him to sent Carragher off and there is no place for that in the game.

Nani is getting a bad rap because of the way his conducts himself every week in the PL. He also got up when he saw the ref was only going to produce a yellow card telling the ref to produce a red card and then collapsed to the floor once he realised it actually hurt and there was no way the ref was going to change his mind.

Refs apparently have to go out every game with a clear mind set on the game and every player but when Nani jumps around on the deck every week how can you have any different opinion on him.

That is not even the point. People here still think Nani just stretchered off without getting injured. He should manup and could have played. Not about his rep..

Just a quote from a website about the injury.
"When Nani initially went down, he was obviously in pain. But he may not have realized the extent of his injury until he got up and tried to show referee Phil Dowd the blood that was trickling down his leg. It’s possible that only when his sock was removed by the Liverpool medical staff member did Nani realize how horrific the injury was. And it was at this time that you saw Nani crying, understandably so given the mixture of shock, pain and realization that he’ll be out presumably for the rest of the season."

Yer i totally agree with ya mate, but like i say Nani jumped up when he saw the ref was only going to produce a yellow card asking him to sent Carragher off and there is no place for that in the game.

After Rafael tackled Lucas, All the Liverpool players baring a view where up to the ref trying to get Rafael sent off. The Liverpool players not trying to get a Rafael sent off where pushing Rafael around.

Last edited:
That is not even the point. People here still think Nani just stretchered off without getting injured. He should manup and could have played. Not about his rep..

Just a quote from a website about the injury.
"When Nani initially went down, he was obviously in pain. But he may not have realized the extent of his injury until he got up and tried to show referee Phil Dowd the blood that was trickling down his leg. It’s possible that only when his sock was removed by the Liverpool medical staff member did Nani realize how horrific the injury was. And it was at this time that you saw Nani crying, understandably so given the mixture of shock, pain and realization that he’ll be out presumably for the rest of the season."

Im not douting he was hurt and i can understand him for being upset and crying i really can. But he dosent do himself any favours in the way he conducts himself week in week out in the PL. And i beleive he was badly hurt i really do but asking the ref to produce a red card is just not needed.

No. Dont take everything literally, just saying both made reckless tackles.

Still you are not able to.. When did anyone say you didn't deserve? Jeez..

Why does everything always have to come down to who said what, and assumptions being made. He didn't say anyone did say Liverpool didn't deserve it..

Nani walked out of Anfield and was said to be in good spirit..

Well done Liverpool. We were poor today and fully deserved to get beat. We have to be much better than that, but I still feel we'll win the league.

Still same. Then Gerrard was thug, now Carra is. Both times Liverpool players made a reckless tackles and United players are on receiving end.

Yet Rafael also made a horrific tackle and by your definition makes him a thug too. Carragher made 1 bad challenge and now he is a thug? What about wilshere, is he a thug? he made a very bad challenge on zigic v birmingham. Or even what about Rooney, elbowing someone for no reason?

That pic tells nothing. And is it Nani's fault that he didn't avoid Carra's tackle?

the pic tells nothing? tell me, why is Lucas that high of the ground?

Still same. Then Gerrard was thug, now Carra is. Both times Liverpool players made a reckless tackles and United players are on receiving end.

Love how you don't discuss Rafael ;)

yet, most Liverpool fans have said Carra should've walked, and that's what you keep rabbiting on about oO)

Nani walked out of Anfield and was said to be in good spirit..

Well done Liverpool. We were poor today and fully deserved to get beat. We have to be much better than that, but I still feel we'll win the league.

You'll have to learn how to defend away from home first.

You'll have to learn how to defend away from home first.

oh come on, United had both of their main centrebacks out. Surely Vidic and Ferdinand would have done better than Brown and Smalling?

oh come on, United had both of their main centrebacks out. Surely Vidic and Ferdinand would have done better than Brown and Smalling?

Chelsea + Wigan + WBA + Many others.

Utd have been shocking on the road this season, last gap winners and teams lower down the table being unable to take chances has been the reason you've won/drawn a lot of games away. I don't think I've seen Utd play really well away from home in 2010/11. Certainly not very often.

And obviously they would have, but Evra and Rafael were shocking today as well and Carrick gave you no protection whatsoever vs Meireles.

Chelsea + Wigan + WBA + Many others.

Utd have been shocking on the road this season, last gap winners and teams lower down the table being unable to take chances has been the reason you've won/drawn a lot of games away. I don't think I've seen Utd play really well away from home in 2010/11. Certainly not very often.

You're 100% truthful there, however I feel that if we had Vidic and Ferdinand our away day miseries may not have contributed to the result as of the game's magnitude. But you're definitley right, we've been wank away from home

The fact is, why wasn't Nani wearing shin pads in that picture of his injury? Great example to show the youngsters

Back