Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A left back, left winger, and centre back and we could be a force.
Taye Taiwo (free)
Albrighton? (If he's left sided)
Phil Jones

Although, a fair few of the current lot should leave, and Kelly used more as a centre half.

I'd rather see a slightly more established centre-back, possibly Hazard for the left side?

Would like to see Skrtel (as much as I love the guy), Johnson, Cole and Maxi leave. Still unsure about N'gog.

we got a fair few out, but they all seem to be players that really matter:

anderson
fletcher (ill apparently)
evans
park (theres a player who could have done a job down the left for us)
not to mention our best centrebacks
those who filled in were out of form, the depth is there, the quality of the depth is not, could get away it probably vs a midtable side, but not against liverpool. SAf realsied this becuase he tried to do a deal for a player in jan, and im certain we will look to try again and some in the summer.

We have to replace hargreaves, and im eyeing rodwell personally

Who did you try to get in Jan?

Can see you lot picking up Rodwell in the summer if the cash is there. Wouldn't surprise me if City didn't try to push the price up for him just out of sheer devilry though ;)

I'd rather see a slightly more established centre-back, possibly Hazard for the left side?

Would like to see Skrtel (as much as I love the guy), Johnson, Cole and Maxi leave. Still unsure about N'gog.

If Johnson's to go, then Kelly should become our right back.And to do with Agger, he's never going to be fit for long enough, so he should go too.
Maxi's a good squad player.

Can see you lot picking up Rodwell in the summer if the cash is there. Wouldn't surprise me if City didn't try to push the price up for him just out of sheer devilry though ;)
not even sure, all we know is the selling club decided they were not ready to let the player go in jan, but would be more willing in the summer, strongly suspected either one of young or rodwell

suspect a move on rodwell in the summer at any rate, sounds harsh on the bluenoses, but now would be a good time to get him for a decent price

If Johnson's to go, then Kelly should become our right back.And to do with Agger, he's never going to be fit for long enough, so he should go too.
Maxi's a good squad player.

Johnson is poor, reckon we'd get a decent fee for him aswell. Agger is our best defender although he is injury prone, I'd be dissapointed if he left. Maxi is a good player, but he's getting on now and doesn't do anything special.

Zebedee re: Brown, almost left the club in jan, for a player who has been there forever to contemplate it, he must know that his time is up

We might be after Rodwell in the summer too. Not sure..but i think we are. I know that he is probly the first english player on Mancinis wishlist. And we need some home grown players in our squad you know.

I also know/almoste 100% sure that Coentrao is a summer target for City too.

Those 2 are probly the players im pretty sure we are after. Not sure about anybody else.

not even sure, all we know is the selling club decided they were not ready to let the player go in jan, but would be more willing in the summer, strongly suspected either one of young or rodwell

suspect a move on rodwell in the summer at any rate, sounds harsh on the bluenoses, but now would be a good time to get him for a decent price

Interesting about Young. Might be an auction for him in the summer, because I know we had a firm bid rejected.

Everton's finances mean they need to cash in on Rodwell but reckon you'll still have to pay top money for him - if only because Everton will have to hold an auction to get as much as they can from one of their few remaining marketable assets. Depends on how desperately they need cash up front though I guess.

Waiting to see which media organisation will be brave enough to lodge the official complaint against your manager. I can understand the whole 'the world is against us' psychology thing he's trying to build up in the team again and why he'd want to deflect attention onto himself but think he may be going too far this time.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

We might be after Rodwell in the summer too. Not sure..but i think we are. I know that he is probly the first english player on Mancinis wishlist. And we need some home grown players in our squad you know.

I also know/almoste 100% sure that Coentrao is a summer target for City too.

Those 2 are probly the players im pretty sure we are after. Not sure about anybody else.

Yeah, I'd heard rumours along similar lines about Rodwell and needing to get more 'English' (as in how they qualify under the rules for European competitions) players into the squad.

Any idea when your tax year runs to? Have a feeling that the start of the summer window this season will be when all the big moves happen, purely because most clubs' accounts run to mid-summer and they'll want the spending done by then before next tax year and the new rules kicking in.

Interesting about Young. Might be an auction for him in the summer, because I know we had a firm bid rejected.

Everton's finances mean they need to cash in on Rodwell but reckon you'll still have to pay top money for him - if only because Everton will have to hold an auction to get as much as they can from one of their few remaining marketable assets. Depends on how desperately they need cash up front though I guess.

Waiting to see which media organisation will be brave enough to lodge the official complaint against your manager. I can understand the whole 'the world is against us' psychology thing he's trying to build up in the team again and why he'd want to deflect attention onto himself but think he may be going too far this time.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Yeah, I'd heard rumours along similar lines about Rodwell and needing to get more 'English' (as in how they qualify under the rules for European competitions) players into the squad.

Any idea when your tax year runs to? Have a feeling that the start of the summer window this season will be when all the big moves happen, purely because most clubs' accounts run to mid-summer and they'll want the spending done by then before next tax year and the new rules kicking in.
im not so keen on young atm, though there would defintiely be a bidding war with that. Kind of player both sides need, and i can see each manager wanting to get one over each other

was talking to ajt09 and stann about rodwell earlier, and they both think anywhere approachin 15-20 forces Evertons hand

Part of me thinks he is mindful of recent events, though im pretty sure he no longer cares about the fines, but he needs to focus on certain players performances than me against the world

Zebedee re: Brown, almost left the club in jan, for a player who has been there forever to contemplate it, he must know that his time is up

Do feel sorry for him because of the injuries he's had. They always seemed to happen just when he was establishing himself. Was he being sold or loaned? Am guessing it wasn't of his own will? That's one thing you've got with the lads who've come through - they don't want to leave the club, like Gibson for example.

re. Rodwell - 20m mark sounds about right to me. Depends on Everton's finances to a huge degree though. 10m cash up front + add-ons might be enough providing there's no-one else bidding and Everton are broke enough. Might strain the Moyes/Ferguson friendship a tad though. Another factor is your finances - lots of odd stuff going on there recently, but that's another topic.

Last edited:
Do feel sorry for him because of the injuries he's had. They always seemed to happen just when he was establishing himself. Was he being sold or loaned? Am guessing it wasn't of his own will? That's one thing you've got with the lads who've come through - they don't want to leave the club, like Gibson for example.
he was looking to go on loan i think, bizarrely i think he was the initiator, lack of first time football, and he has slipped behind smalling and evans, given their ages likely to be the new partnership over time. with gibson he needs to go on loan to a prem side

Did not say he wasnt, just saying he wasnt missed.

What did you think of the other world class player 'rooney' ?

Our whole team was a shambles. Hard to pick out under-performing strikers when our midfield barely got the ball into threatening positions for them.

Skrtel got yellow for the push, Rafael got a yellow for a push - so nothing for the tackle?

Idk..and im not sure if we are going for any "big" signings in the summer either.

Just a few signings. Maybe not any of those 25m+ signings. And we will sell pretty much players.

But we have been linked with Coentrao, Kwdwo Asmoah, Rodwell, Sanchez, Pastore, Cavani and so on recently....

But i find only 3 of the first names there as "maybe". With our head scout already admitting intrest in Coentrao. And with Kolarov being our only pure left back.

And im pretty sure we sign some british player/players too. But Gary Cook already admitted we will spend alot less than in previous windows. We spent last summer...like 150m?

But i could still see us spending half of that :D

Our whole team was a shambles. Hard to pick out under-performing strikers when our midfield barely got the ball into threatening positions for them.

True, i dont think i have ever seen rooney play well against liverpool tho.

Did not say he wasnt, just saying he wasnt missed.

What did you think of the other world class player 'rooney' ?
didnt have a good game, happens when your supply is cut off, no matter how good a play you are...

True, i dont think i have ever seen rooney play well against liverpool tho.
He had a pretty good game when we beat you 3-0 a couple of years ago.
We were epically ****. Livepool deserved to win and to deserved to win by a clear margin.
Reaction to Nani's injury has been ludicrous. More criticism of Nani for not being a "proper man" than carragher for his shocking challenge.

Back