Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're 100% truthful there, however I feel that if we had Vidic and Ferdinand our away day miseries may not have contributed to the result as of the game's magnitude. But you're definitley right, we've been wank away from home

Indeed. But you've got to make do - We've had Vermaelen out for the whole season + RvP out for most of it + people have been saying Koscielny is **** for most of the season.

Look forward to 1st May.

The fact is, why wasn't Nani wearing shin pads in that picture of his injury? Great example to show the youngsters

He was wearing them. Took them off when he went down.

Nani will be fine. Wouldn't surprise me if he is playing either the next match or the one after.

nani-injury-1.jpg

Really not that bad at all. That first photo was ridiculously deceptive, as I said.

Still buzzing. Cant even put into words how happy I am with Suarez and everything thats going on at Liverpool at the moment. Starting to pull together a good squad. Joe Cole coming on for Maxi (granted an off form Cole but whatever) 2 years ago we would of brought on Plessis or someone haha.

We also have a top class youth team, the best in a while now. Everything so bright at Liverpool now instead of doom and gloom. Thanks King Kenny and everyone else involved :D

The pictures don't add up, at all.

On one, the cut looks wide, deep and about the same length as his kneecap. On the other; not so wide, shallow and much smaller lengthways.

One certainly looks tampered with, unless he spent the time on the floor pulling the wound apart.

Take a pic of a cut next time you get one yourself, then super zoom in with photoshop. It'll look absolutely horrific - guarantee you.

Bad tackle for sure. Proper naughty old school marker - though that's why shinpads are meant to cover your shins heh. But I'll put £20 that same injury on, say, Gary Neville would have been stitched or patched up at half-time and he'd have played on.

Personally thought Rafael's was far worse - proper two footed, studs up, leg-breaker lunge. He seems prone to them.

Shame the match talk has focused on Nani. He was **** today, as were Manchester United as a whole. Liverpool played some lovely stuff - the interchanging up front was fantastic. And Suarez. Yeah. I like. A lot.

Take a pic of a cut next time you get one yourself, then super zoom in with photoshop. It'll look absolutely horrific - guarantee you.

Bad tackle for sure. Proper naughty old school marker - though that's why shinpads are meant to cover your shins heh. But I'll put £20 that same injury on, say, Gary Neville would have been stitched or patched up at half-time and he'd have played on.

Personally thought Rafael's was far worse - proper two footed, studs up, leg-breaker lunge. He seems prone to them.

Shame the match talk has focused on Nani. He was **** today, as were Manchester United as a whole. Liverpool played some lovely stuff - the interchanging up front was fantastic. And Suarez. Yeah. I like. A lot.
carrick and scholes = no pressure put on the midfield, we players really wide even though you were playing thrugh the middle, which mean we got cut p and could barelt string a pass together at the same time.

Brown is dead weight, should have gone with O'shea, gone narrow, and force liverpool to cross. no anderson r fletcher mean that suarez's movement deep, and merieles in general when unchecked

shambles from our side, and a clear message to reinforce the middle

carrick and scholes = no pressure put on the midfield, we players really wide even though you were playing thrugh the middle, which mean we got cut p and could barelt string a pass together at the same time.

Brown is dead weight, should have gone with O'shea, gone narrow, and force liverpool to cross. no anderson r fletcher mean that suarez's movement deep, and merieles in general when unchecked

Probably would of seen Carroll introduced a lot sooner if that was the case.

Probably would of seen Carroll introduced a lot sooner if that was the case.
would have been happier with that, Carroll isnt some unstoppable force, and you dont exactly have the best crossers

We have no players who can cross, bar Gerrard, whenever he drifts out there.

We have no players who can cross, bar Gerrard, whenever he drifts out there.

Johnson (at times) and Aurelio (but yeah he got injured, again). We will buy an out and out winger in the summer without a doubt.

none of which, combined with a semi fit carroll provide as much danger, still all that is in the past

Yeah, the loss of Hargreaves has been massive. Was Fletcher not fit? He's usually the one who does the running for Scholes and it was bizarre decision to leave him out if he was fit. Our midfield runners weren't getting picked up at all - some good runs for sure - but Meireles looked likely to break your offside trap every time he went past Suarez and Kuyt's shoulders.

You're spot on about the crossing - Kelly's been our best crosser of the ball this season. But you went with two attacking fullbacks and neither Nani nor Giggs are going to be great at covering for them, and both were properly pinned back and had their defensive flaws exposed again.

Was a really unbalanced team selection - overly aggressive maybe? And the selection of Brown over O'Shea was baffling. Neither particularly impress me at centreback (and Brown doesn't impress me at rightback either tbh), but to throw Brown into that as a start seemed like madness. Maybe Ferguson thought he'd have the greater experience to guide Smalling through the match?

Other than that cracking little striker you got from Mexico, what really struck me was how little quality there was on your bench to change things today. Have been so used to you having options there, it was odd to look at it and think 'that's a pretty threadbare squad at the moment'. Especially for creative midfielders as you say.

Lucas played very very well today. He gave the Man U players no space whatsoever. a very much underrated player

Lucas played very very well today. He gave the Man U players no space whatsoever. a very much underrated player

Absolutely, every time he doesn't play well he gets slated. Good player, works hard. With the amount of stick he used to get he has done well to turn his performances around.

Yeah, the loss of Hargreaves has been massive. Was Fletcher not fit? He's usually the one who does the running for Scholes and it was bizarre decision to leave him out if he was fit. Our midfield runners weren't getting picked up at all - some good runs for sure - but Meireles looked likely to break your offside trap every time he went past Suarez and Kuyt's shoulders.

You're spot on about the crossing - Kelly's been our best crosser of the ball this season. But you went with two attacking fullbacks and neither Nani nor Giggs are going to be great at covering for them, and both were properly pinned back and had their defensive flaws exposed again.

Was a really unbalanced team selection - overly aggressive maybe? And the selection of Brown over O'Shea was baffling. Neither particularly impress me at centreback (and Brown doesn't impress me at rightback either tbh), but to throw Brown into that as a start seemed like madness. Maybe Ferguson thought he'd have the greater experience to guide Smalling through the match?

Other than that cracking little striker you got from Mexico, what really struck me was how little quality there was on your bench to change things today. Have been so used to you having options there, it was odd to look at it and think 'that's a pretty threadbare squad at the moment'. Especially for creative midfielders as you say.
we got a fair few out, but they all seem to be players that really matter:

anderson
fletcher (ill apparently)
evans
park (theres a player who could have done a job down the left for us)
not to mention our best centrebacks
those who filled in were out of form, the depth is there, the quality of the depth is not, could get away it probably vs a midtable side, but not against liverpool. SAf realsied this becuase he tried to do a deal for a player in jan, and im certain we will look to try again and some in the summer.

We have to replace hargreaves, and im eyeing rodwell personally

A left back, left winger, and centre back and we could be a force.
Taye Taiwo (free)
Albrighton? (If he's left sided)
Phil Jones

Although, a fair few of the current lot should leave, and Kelly used more as a centre half.

when you play two in the middle they must able to play two roles from destroyer - passer - creator, or if you are really lucky all three. we lack the depth of players who can do that in the middle

Back