Liverpool's next manager?

I think who ever does take them over has got a real hard job on their hands. Liverpool fans will be expecting alot better than last season but whilst Liverpool have been struggling other teams like Spurs have picked up and our looking good and deserve thier fourth spot place. As we all know the financies at Liverpool are currently terrible. I've got a feeling it could be Mark Hughes to be honest.

I saw that Sven called it his "dream job" in the paper this morning. Didn't expect him to go for the job tbh.

What about Harry Reddknap? I think he's a great coach, but I wouldn't see him leave Tottenham at this time where he finished fourth. I do hope there will be a good coach for Liverpool.

According to Daily Star, Jorge Jesus (Benfica) is also a target, but I doubt it, he has just signed until 2013...

Lippi might be worth a punt. And Pelligrini is looking for a job.

Thing is, I know whoever comes in will get slaughtered in spite of working under a totally dysfunctional board. A lot of the press really want a British manager at Liverpool for some reason - forgetting totally that our culture of football is far closer to the continental style and that in the absence of the managers coming up internally, there ain't nobody whose setting their teams out to even try to begin to play like we want. (Compare the 5-0 trouncing of Forest back under Dalglish with the 5-0 thumping of Villa under Benitez. It's that kind of football which we think is the pinnacle - not the hoofball down the channels. And not pretty football for the sake of pretty football or teams formed around the talents of solely one 'star' player.)

Pellegrini would be my first choice, what he did at Villarreal was fantastic and they played some sensational football at times. Just highly unlikely he would want to move to Liverpool after the way he was dismissed at Real, would he want to work for a board that's even worse than Real's?

Aye, i'd give it to Pellegrini if he wanted it, but i doubt he would unfortunately.

Pellegrini would be my first choice, what he did at Villarreal was fantastic and they played some sensational football at times. Just highly unlikely he would want to move to Liverpool after the way he was dismissed at Real, would he want to work for a board that's even worse than Real's?

Aye. In some ways I don't want a decent manager I respect anywhere near the club at the moment. Sleep with the dogs and you catch fleas.

He is a great manager, but i think you do need an experience man, just to steady things over. Lippi has been mentioned( i said it in IRC on tuesdy night, it was dismissed by all :'() i think Hodgson aswell, would do a great job. I know the football isnt the best at fulham, but he is making do with what he has got, Now at liverpool with gerrard, torres, Mascherano and just better players, he could make you a force again.

He is a great manager, but i think you do need an experience man, just to steady things over. Lippi has been mentioned( i said it in IRC on tuesdy night, it was dismissed by all :'() i think Hodgson aswell, would do a great job. I know the football isnt the best at fulham, but he is making do with what he has got, Now at liverpool with gerrard, torres, Mascherano and just better players, he could make you a force again.

Main problem with Lippi is the Juve links. There's better links between the clubs now, but (totally understandably) their ultras hate our guts and I don't think they'd be best pleased to see one of their icons here.

The squad any new manager will inherit is unlikely to be the same as the one there when Rafa left. That includes both squad players he was shifting on this summer and probably some of the 'stars'. We'll see though. Poor sod whoever gets the job.

to the guy above, i applaud your spelling and grammar (A)

and Ride The Walrus - are you crazy? Kenny's been out of management for something like 15 years, a lot's changed since he was successfull, plus, why would he take over the a club and probably fail in the fans expectations and damage his reputation with said fans...

Back off - the guy could be dyslexic ( have I spelt that right ? )

Agree with u about Kenny - he's a living legend at Anfield - does he really need to potentialy make a show of himself ?

As the cowboys control who is the next manager & the sum of their football knowledge could easily fit into a flea's jock strap, RB's successor could be Claire Sweeney for all I know

I am no Liverpool fan but I think Roy Hodgson should take over

Well this was mystic JPs shout when Benitez left |)

However, ive heard Roy Hodgson is a done deal which would be an epic fail for both Liverpool and Roy.

See Woy
See Woy wun
Wun Woy wun...

Manuel Pelligrini is now 3-1 favourites to become the next Liverpool manager, and many saying the deal is already done

i not bothered who gets it ima stoke fan so cant comment but id back pellegrini to be liverpool boss very soon, saled of kuyt lucas and mascherano to inter pos even glen johnson but i dont know why i wouldnt want any of them considering whats at inter already

Pellegrini was always one I thought about, aswell as Schuster, with their Spanish links(again)

Back