Ljungberg on trial at Celtic

pistolped7

Reaction score
Former Arsenal and Sweden midfielder Fredrik Ljungberg has joined Celtic on a week-long trial. ljungberg can be signed on January 1st, in time for the Old Firm game the next day. The 33-year old spent the last two years in the MLS, playing for the Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire. A free agent, he has represented his national team on 75 occasions, playing at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups, as well as Euro 2004 and 2008, before retiring after Sweden's early exit in 2008.

Is this a good signing for the Hoops, or will he flop at Parkhead?

Could be an inspired signing by lennon and I heard they are after one of Ljungberg teammates now.

Could be either very good or very bad , obviously not the player he was but may still be able to do a job for the Celtic

Last edited:
even with a mature age he will rip the SPL to bits.

class act

the SPL isn't as easy as everyone thinks!

nah dont want him - cant see how he will make the team any better but you never know. I assume he wasnt playing that often in america if we are only offering a trial

Hope they give him a nice long 9-year contract, £30,000 a week contract, with a hefty signing on fee :) Done the square root of **** all since leaving Arsenal, and his legs went when he hit 30. :D

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

no but freddie against a st mirren defence ;)

Out of curiosity when was the last time you saw Ljungberg play ?

nah dont want him - cant see how he will make the team any better but you never know. I assume he wasnt playing that often in america if we are only offering a trial

In 09/10 he made 37 appearances for Seattle and since then has made 15 appearances for Chicago Fire. He certainly isn't short of game time.

He lost it years ago, not as good as everyone thinks anymore.

Terrible capture hes passed it and his wage bill will be high

He lost it when he left Arsenal.

However, I certainly think he's still got a bit of quality in him to help Celtic out in the SPL when they need it.

hes free so it's worth a punt until the end of the season at least?

In 09/10 he made 37 appearances for Seattle and since then has made 15 appearances for Chicago Fire. He certainly isn't short of game time.

must be doubt there then that he still has it in him or he would be signed up straight away

On second thoughts , this just seems like a marquee signing from Lennon. Don't see him setting the league alight , probably be happy to sit on the bench and wait for his big pay-cheque

Kapo - 30/31
Rosario - 32
Ljundberg - 33

More panic buying from Lennon imo. Rangers should destroy Celtic at Ibrox on Sunday, anything less is not acceptable. This is one of the worst Celtic teams i have seen since the days of Larsson and co. With Rangers ever growing stronger now and celtic growing considerably weaker, the takeover of Rangers could spell the end for Celtic.