Logos for Australian State Leagues Sides

kawalski

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not quiet sure where to post this & if there's already a thread for this my apologies in advance but as the logo requests thread seems to be dead I thought I'd try here first. I'm working on my own Fantasy Australian League structure including as many of the semi-pro state level sides that I can get reliable information on (many are already in the game). I'd like to get team logo's for them. I have no trouble finding decent logos for most teams but the trouble is I'm really **** at converting them into a logo file sutable for Football Manager. Despite downloading a couple of free programmes that edit the pictures my results are mixed at best but most of the time they are blurred or very scratchy. I've come to the conclusion that this should be left to somebody who knows what they're doing so here I am. What I propose to do is post pictures of the various logos grouped by their real league. If one of you photoshop geniuses could then post the logo in FM format in both large & small logos I'd be very grateful.

As I'm from South Australia I'll start with the South Australian Super League

View attachment 209857View attachment 209858View attachment 209859View attachment 209860View attachment 209861View attachment 209862View attachment 209863View attachment 209864View attachment 209865View attachment 209866

Many thanks in advance.

RTEmagicC_APIA_Leichhardt_Tigers_logo_01.jpg.jpg
search
20090619121721_MUFC_logo_web.jpg
Bankstown City FC.jpg
Blacktown_City_FC_new_logo.JPG
Stallionsreg.jpg
2Q==
RTEmagicC_Rockdale_City_Suns_New_Logo_01.JPG.JPG
South Coast Wolves logo.jpg
Sutherland_Sharks_FC_logo.jpg
Sydney_Olympic_logo.png
sufc.jpg
Parramatta_FC_Mono_Logo_2.jpg
Bonnyrigg White Eagles Logo.jpg

Now this is the NSW premier league, really sorry about the sizes, i cant do anything on computers. if you have a question feel free to ask, the names are self explainitory, their on every emblem.

Nice one Aussie, I was planning on asking for these once I got through the SA league's. They're some really nice images (better than what I have saved) I'm sure one of the logo guru's can tackle these too. If anybody else wants logos for the other Australian state leagues feel free although please try to keep them in their appropriate league to avoid confusion. I do eventually plan to post images from all the state leagues but I didn't want to overload any potential editor wth too many images all at once.

ok Queensland state league now, starting with the comp logo.....

992_FQ_LOGO_redrawn.jpg

australia_brisbane.jpg

minniecon.jpg

21_spiritlogo_copy.jpg

logo.png

Z

Logo-26_cmky.jpg

9k=

187517_100001074224109_3405334_n.jpg

and ill add the final table for 2011 to help with ranking your sides....

#Club Name
G​
W​
D​
L​
F​
A​
GD​
P​
1Sunshine Coast FC16113255144136
2Brisbane Strikers FC16101546212531
3Whitsunday Miners1684431211028
4FNQ Bulls1683542261627
5Queensland Academy of Sport167543526926
6Gold Coast Stars168262825326
7NQ McDonald's Razorbacks165563631520
8Bundaberg Spirit1611141265-534
9Capricorn Cougars1604121369-564

you can google it and its very easy to find.

i just type in the league then search the site for the teams in it, then google images the emblems.

ok Queensland state league now, starting with the comp logo.....

992_FQ_LOGO_redrawn.jpg

australia_brisbane.jpg

minniecon.jpg

21_spiritlogo_copy.jpg

logo.png

Z

Logo-26_cmky.jpg

9k=

187517_100001074224109_3405334_n.jpg

and ill add the final table for 2011 to help with ranking your sides....

#Club Name
G​
W​
D​
L​
F​
A​
GD​
P​
1Sunshine Coast FC16113255144136
2Brisbane Strikers FC16101546212531
3Whitsunday Miners1684431211028
4FNQ Bulls1683542261627
5Queensland Academy of Sport167543526926
6Gold Coast Stars168262825326
7NQ McDonald's Razorbacks165563631520
8Bundaberg Spirit1611141265-534
9Capricorn Cougars1604121369-564

would you be wanting to do one league down. there would be a league id love to play.......

Post what ever State League interests you, I will eventually get to them anyway. I just didn't think it would be wise to post them all at once & scare people off :)

Hey, id like to help with this project. Im very familiar with the Aussie leagues, as well, I live here :D Ive also done work with transfers updates and stuff with the A-League so im familiar with making .xml files. As soon as I get Photoshop on this laptop, I can help you guys with this, as my other laptop with photoshop doesnt work anymore.

Hey, id like to help with this project. Im very familiar with the Aussie leagues, as well, I live here :D Ive also done work with transfers updates and stuff with the A-League so im familiar with making .xml files. As soon as I get Photoshop on this laptop, I can help you guys with this, as my other laptop with photoshop doesnt work anymore.

mvanegmond,

That would be fantastic if you could, I'm working on my own xml file but it's a long way away from being finished but I will post in when it is (or at least close enough to be useful). If your looking for a laugh I could post some of my logo's but I'm not sure I could stand the shame. Seriously though any help you could provide will be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to find any logo's required & it looks like Aussie will be a good source for them as well.

Well, I got photoshop to work, and have already started. When you finish, could you send it to me to see if I can improve, and vice-versa when I finish ? :D

EDIT: What sized logos are you doing, just the normal size, or all of the sizes (Normal, Small, Left, Right) ?

Last edited:
Normal 180x180 pixels & Small 20x20 pixels. Didn't bother with left or right.

Ok here an example of a couple of SA Super League logos I did. One good, one bad. First the good View attachment 210469 then the bad View attachment 210470 notice how blurry & out of focus it is. Sure it's not that awful but I find it really annoying especially compared to some of the really nice ones I've downloaded for other teams. So I figured these teams deserved better than slightly awful thus my call for help. I'd think it would be easier for you to work with the original images on page one rather than the butchered ones I've been working on. Also I thought it would be best to do them by league that way we can systematicallly go through all the leagues one by one without missing any.

Well, I have that first one, without the 60th anniversary banner down the bottom. I think that without it would be better as in the game, the year 2073 wont be their 60th anniversary, if you know what I mean :D

For the second one, I have a better version then that one done (Without the text, as it is really hard to get it in decent quality, without little white pixels scattered around it):

15021565.png

Ive also done the Normal, Left, Right and Small version of it, as I have done with all the South Australian teams and competitions, including some you didnt post (Eg: Adelaide Cobras, South Australian Premier League/State League/Super League, South Australian Sports Institute)

15021565-3.png

15021565-1.png

15021565-2.png

Last edited:
Sorry I obviously didn't make myself clear. I only posted the SA Super League as I thought it would be as good as any place to start (plus my bias coming from SA). My intention was to then post the Premier & after that State league logos for SA, then onto the next league say NSW & do likewise, Premier, Super, State Div 1 etc. I figured this would be the easiest way to do this in small bite sized chunks. The croydon Logo is excellent I really like it. Did you want to post the logos you've done, I'd suggest for simplicity by league.

Well, actually, I've done exactly that. Ive done the Normal, Small, Left and Right Version of the following:

Adelaide Blue Eagles
Adelaide City
Adelaide Cobras
Adelaide Comets
Adelaide Hills Hawks
Adelaide Olympic
Adelaide Raiders
Port Adelaide
South Adelaide
West Adelaide

And all the other SA teams that were in the first post. Also done the logos for the Leagues (Super/State/Premier League).

Here is a .rar file of what i've done so far (They work in game, and have all the needed .xml files to work) - South Australian Teams (Beta).rar

Mvanegmond04,

Fantatic start mate, you've done a really good job with the logos you've done. By my reckoning the logo's we still need to do are the following;

Adelaide Galaxy
Enfield City Falcons
White City Woodville
Cumberland United
Noarlunga United
Playford Patriots
Salisbury United
NAB
Northern Demons
Seaford Rangers
Gawler Eagles
Western Districts Toros
Sturt Lion
The Cove

View attachment 210774View attachment 210775View attachment 210776View attachment 210777View attachment 210778View attachment 210779View attachment 210780View attachment 210781View attachment 210782View attachment 210783View attachment 210784View attachment 210785View attachment 210786View attachment 210787

Going through the logo's I've done I'll post some of the more presentable ones.

View attachment 210788 View attachment 210789 View attachment 210790 View attachment 210791 View attachment 210792 View attachment 210793 View attachment 210794 View attachment 210795 View attachment 210796 View attachment 210797

None of these are brilliant, if you think you can improve on them please do as this is the whole idea behind this project. The Playford logo isn't my work but one I pinched from a logo pack I downloaded awhile back, unfortunatley I don't remember the author (my apologies too them). If these are useful then great if not thats fine too.

Managed to improve on the Cumberland and Adelaide Galaxy logos. With the Cumberland logo, just removed the white background, then put a white circle, matched it up with the other circle shapes, so its now a circle logo, not square. Also removed the white background on the Adelaide Galaxy logo (Which was alot hard then you think, because the name in it was very pixelated :D )

Also took your Noarlunga and put in the .xml file to work in game, looks great ;) Will get around to the rest of S.A. tomorrow, and have just finished the Nothern Demons. :D

Whatever works for you. It looks like you know what you're doing & your results speak for themsleves. It's funny the Noarlunga logo was one of my few successes yet they are my teams (South Adelaide Panthers) nemesis. While my logo for South was completely **** (blurred & scratchy) kind of ironic. So what part of Australia are you from & who do support? (Don't worry I won't hold it against you).

Here's a couple of sites I use to find logos

http://www.liblib.cn/AFC/Australia.htm
Weltfussballarchiv
DFS-Wappen.de