London City FC - A City On The Rise

[FONT=&quot]____________________________________________________________________
London City FC - January 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
6ND3M8I.png
7nG2csc.png
B6pTPsx.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Happy New Year, 2023 it is and we're starting the calendar year still in the 'non league' footballing tier. One promotion since 2016. We're looking good this year though, mind you, we've looked good the last couple of seasons and we're still here. Another busy January awaited us and another one where I didn't bring in any new players. We had FA Cup, FA Trophy and Vanarama National League football awaiting for us.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
a7LPbh5.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A mixed month but in the league realistically it was a good month with two wins, a draw and just the one defeat from our four games. We kicked off New Years Day with a trip to Kidderminster where we won two nil. We crashed out the FA Cup in the Third Round, expectedly losing to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday five two, not embarrassing ourselves though. A goalless draw with Hartlepool in the league then saw us crash out the FA Trophy, no defending our crown as struggling Bristol Rovers beat us three one. Bounced back to league action with a late two one victory over Torquay, Fogg breaking his long wait for a goal netting in the ninety second minute before we lost to Wrexham to end January.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
GLHH0B6.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Down to fourth in the league but we do have a game in hand over league leaders Stockport and third place Harrogate. A win could see us go up to second depending on how Hartlepool perform in their game in hand. Its still very tight at the top with Stockport leading Hartlepool by three points, Harrogate and us are a further single point behind with Tranmere in the fourth and final playoff spot a further three points down the road. Fifty six points after thirty matches, last season we had fifty four points after thirty one matches, so we're definitely on for a better season once again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - February 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]____________________________________________________________________
London City FC - February 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
6ND3M8I.png
7nG2csc.png
B6pTPsx.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Into February and just three months left of competitive football this year. It would be one hard final push for us now over the next three months but hopefully this year we can remain strong over the course of the remainder of the season. With us going out of both cup competitions last month, it was full focus on league football now.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Fn7A4IN.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An unbeaten month as we didn't play a single side inside the top ten at the time of the fixture but the slip is drawing three of the five matches this month. A Pooni hatrick and an own goal saw off Braintree in a four two victory before we were held by the leagues basement side Maidenhead. Browne made it three goals in two games as we beat Dover three one, Cheema the other goalscorer. Barnet were held to a nil nil draw as we welcomed them before a ten goal thriller against Nuneaton saw us draw five a piece. Hassall finally netting as he struck twice.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
COGHUHe.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This mans been a superb asset up top for us over the past four seasons and this year he has really struggled for some reason. He went eleven games without a goal probably for the first time in his career. Yet still he is our second top goal scorer this season with fourteen goals in thirty one games, only one behind Pooni.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u3z0jr6.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Top of the league after thirty five league games, we have eleven league games remaining this season and need to hold strong now over the next two months. We're one point clear of second place Stockport and infact that is our next league game so we could lose the top spot after a short period of time being here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - March 2023[/FONT]

Great season so far mate.
Hopefully hassall can get back to old form for the last 11games
Good luck

Thanks Tracz, could do with him finding his boots for these final two months of football.
London City FC - March 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
6ND3M8I.png
7nG2csc.png
B6pTPsx.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The penultimate month of regular league football is here and it would be the quiet month before the storm I'm sure. March is always a quieter month with five of our remaining eleven league games this month, it sets up a busy April. We go into March at the top of the pile, however with our first game of the month against Stockport, I wasn't thinking it'd last that long.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
cEDfiLu.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A five game month, two defeats, one draw, two wins. A trip to Stockport saw us lose out two nil and lose our top spot. We bounced back at home against Morecambe winning two one before we poorly lost against AFC Telford. Ending the month with four points from two games, a trip to Harrogate saw us draw nil nil before we welcomed Aldershot beating them five one, Hassall back on form? He struck a superb hatrick here in just fifteen minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
YmLnoBD.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Perhaps that defeat against struggling AFC Telford has cost us our chance at the league title once again as we move five points behind the new league leaders Hartlepool. Stockport are now in second place and just a point ahead of us. We do now have a good four point gap over fourth place Aldershot as it looks like another season in the playoffs is on the cards. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - April 2023[/FONT]

London City FC - April 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
6ND3M8I.png
7nG2csc.png
B6pTPsx.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here we go then, once again the final run in to the season and once again we are chasing the top of the pack as we've blown our chance of leading the table going into the final month. We have just six league games left and it'd look likely that we'd go down the playoff routes for the second season running, heres how things panned back.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
F70qdLn.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Up and down form for the final month, win one, lose one. A trip to York saw us win two one, Noor and an own goal gifting us a two goal lead. Following that a trip to Forest Green, losing out two nil. Back to back home games also saw Fogg net in back to back games as he firstly struck the only goal of FC Halifax and then losing two one against AFC Fylde after leading one after six minutes. We ended the season with away trips firstly to Maidstone who we beat three one, before losing an eight goal thriller against Tranmere with a slightly rotated squad for a simple reason.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
oOuIuDD.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We are in the playoffs for another season. Obviously we've over achieved again this season but I was hoping we'd clinch a league title. Promotion isn't out of the question just yet though as we face Tranmere first in the two legged Semi Final. I know we just lost to them in the last game of the season, but we are capable of beating them. The other Semi Final will see Stockport take on Barnet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - May 2023[/FONT]

u2CpKmL.png
6ND3M8I.png
7nG2csc.png
B6pTPsx.png

So I've stayed up just to get the Vanarama National League Playoffs played and updated before I spend a day or two away from Football Manage for the festivities. I didn't want to keep anyone reading this waiting on the playoffs. So for a second straight season we were to face the dreaded Semi Finals, two legs over Tranmere awaited us and if we won, a single game at Wembley against the winner of Semi Final two, Barnet or Stockport. But would we even be there...

rPuWYOh.png

Wow! We were awful, the team didn't turn up and we barely challenged. It looked like it would be our game away at Tranmere as Pooni struck after six minutes to steer us into the lead. But we were denied three minutes later when Stockton netted after nine minutes for the host. Second half we completely crumbled as Mcginn netted an own goal before a Hughes brace in four minutes saw Tranmere four one up and safe. Could we turn this around like we got turned around last season...

OX7U6vG.png

Absolute scenes in the second leg, seven goals, eleven yellow cards and three red cards, poor discipline from both sides. We started strongly when Hassall netted after just three minutes. And it got better, twelve minutes in Hassall had his second of the game. A poor tackle by Rigby saw Reilly convert a spot kick for Tranmere and at half time the score was two one, we still trailed on aggregate though. Aaron Hughes was sent off for a second bookable offence for Tranmere before Hassall sealed his hatrick and Noor netted just one minute later to take the score to four one on the day and five a piece on aggregate. Extra Time. Two minutes of madness in extra time saw two red cards, firstly Musendo was sent off for a second booking for us before Tranmere goalscorer Reilly was given his marching orders for a straight red. Ten men vs nine men and we went on to seal the win, Fogg netting with three minutes of extra time to go before Hassall sealed his fourth of the game. We were in the Playoff Finals.

ci8k8B5.png

But we were denied promotion by a strong Barnet showing. At half time it was only one nil as Casey netted after just fifteen minutes for Barnet. Second half we went more attacking and eventually got caught on the break. A Reffell brace just three minutes apart, his second from the spot sent the League Two bound side three nil up. Pooni netted with seventeen minutes to go to try and bring us back in the game, but a second for Casey sent us packing and Barnet heading for promotion.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on this career thus far, plenty of seasons to come but I will reach the top! I hope you all have a good Christmas, I'll be back updating in a day or two!

2016/2017: Vanarama National League South - 19th (49pts), FA Trophy - 1st Round
2017/2018: Vanarama National League South - 16th (49pts), FA Trophy - Third Qualifying Round, FA Cup - 1st Round
2018/2019: Vanarama National League South - 14th (58pts), FA Trophy - 1st Round, FA Cup - 1st Round
2019/2020: Vanarama National League South - 1st (73pts)
xM6NRyn.png
, FA Trophy - 1st Round, FA Cup - Second Qualifying Round
2020/2021: Vanarama National League - 7th (70pts), FA Trophy - 1st Round, FA Cup - 1st Round
2021/2022: Vanarama National League - 4th (78pts), Playoffs - Semi Final, FA Trophy - Winners
xM6NRyn.png
, FA Cup - Fourth Qualifying Round
2022/2023: Vanarama National League - 2nd (81pts),Playoffs - Runners Up, FA Trophy - 2nd Round, FA Cup - 3rd Round

Next Update: London City FC - Pre Season Round Up 2023

Last edited:
Tough luck on just missing out again, hopefully bit more luck next season.

I got respect for you man, missing out again but still going! It is a good read and I hope you keep it up!

Hey man, I made an account just so i could tell you how much im enjoying this story. I dont think it will be too much longer before we see you in the big leagues!

I was also wondering if you would consider uploading the save? I would really enjoy giving this a go myself and seeing if I can reach the Premier League with Hassall and company. I appreciate this is your baby so you may be reluctant to give it up, but I would be very grateful.

Just wasn't to be Tracz, we go again, as always!

Thanks pipodeclown, I'll make it to the top eventually!

Thanks a lot carterix, its good to see people signing up just because of something I'm writing and playing, we will eventually make our way to the bigger leagues when we're ready. As for the save, I'm happy to send you the original DB so you could have a go from the start if thats any good.
London City FC - Pre Season Round Up 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We put pen to paper on another new kit sponsor so I decided to change the kits up again this year, hopefully it'll boost our virtual kit sales! Anyway the summer has come and gone away, it took us four seasons to get out the Vanarama National South league, now this is our fourth season in the Vanarama National League so is it to be our season to leave the non league. All relevant news articles, transfers and pre season football below.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
amR7qXL.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've slightly changed our expectations this year, the board expected the lowest of the low as of every season but to open up a bit of a bigger wage budget I've changed them to more reasonable and realistic for us. A couple of good cup runs and our usual league finish more than likely in the top half of the season. As always I've signed a one year contract extension.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
p2PV2GQ.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Plenty of transfers again this year and hopefully this year we've really strengthened the squad this year around. Two players leave on free transfers whilst we bring in six new faces on free deals. All these players are better than the ones we already had at the squad so should push us forward this year around.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
FKhZLYk.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Annoyingly our strong number one is injured for the start of the league season but we do have a forever strengthening squad. Hassall is still one of our stronger strikers in the squad and despite his lower scoring season last year, he was our top scorer for a fifth season running. This year I'm hoping hes back to his best this year I feel we're much stronger at the back this year around.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
UPC48Eq.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A summer on the pitch that started with three very hard friendlies to bring in some extra cash to the club and get us somewhat nearer the black than the re where we are at the moment. Summer signing Sam Hedges netted five goals in five friendlies towards the end of the summer, will he be our leading striker this year around.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - August 2023[/FONT]

London City FC - August 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We always seem to start the season quite strongly, pushing ourselves among the fellow playoff contenders as early as possible and make a name for ourselves each season and I expected this season to be no different. I wanted us to start as brightly as always and show the league what we're about this season. We had just four league games to open the season this year.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
mkDMTEW.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But this year we're slow out the blocks with just seven points from a possible twelve on offer and losing our only home match of the month. We started well against Southport who were newly promoted this year, beating them three one late late on. Pooni netted our first, Hassall and Browne both netted in injury time. Tranmere beat us one nil at home before Dulwich returned to the league and we drew one a piece with them. Ending a slow August with a narrow three two win away at Dag & Red with Bennett netting and Hedge netting two.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
4bIpLXw.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After the opening month of the season we find ourselves down in tenth place, probably the lowest we've found ourselves in any recent season after the opening month. Maybe things are taking a turn for the worse although I can't deal with too many seasons of non league football![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - September 2023[/FONT]

Would you be at all willing to share a recent version of your own game? I wouldn't publicise any of my progress, it would purely be for my own personal enjoyment. I like the history you've created with the team already and would really like to continue from the point you're at!

Okay I see your point. However the only 'recent' version I've got are where I'm up to now and a couple weeks/month behind the current date. Personally I'd rather only offer the original DB for now.

u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png

Following our slowest start to the season in some years, its important we come back strong in September and not get thrown too far behind the league leaders. We had just four games in October but then when it comes to September its the complete opposite. It got busy, we had seven matches to play. All league games this month no cup action just yet.

EQjT7Fg.png

Form isn't really picking up just yet, but we're getting there, its better than last month thats for sure. The month started with a home game against Boston United and it'd be to games at home this season, two defeats a we lost out four three in the seven goal thriller. Finally back to back wins came when we beat AFC Fylde two nil and then Kidderminster away from home three one. Two title challengers then visited us in Wrexham and FC United, losing three one and drawing one all respectively. The month saw a better end to it though, a trip to Harrogate saw us win one nil and a trip to Maidstone saw us win three nil. Lets now build on it.

M3mYRmN.png

We've began to move up the league and now sit in the playoff spots up in the fifth place. Four points off league leaders Wrexham but now we've played them we don't need to worry about them for a little bit. The table is tight and a long way to go, we need to establish some form on a more consistant basis. Bristol Rovers are back to the top end of the league.

Next Update: London City FC - October 2023

Last edited:
Not the best start youve had but things can only get better.
Hopefully its fourth time lucky.
Keep up the good work

We need promotion this time around Tracz, hoping it'll happen!
London City FC - October 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another busy month was on the cards for us throughout October as we went on to face another seven matches throughout the month. Our league form was on the rise, as was our league position and this would be the month where we begin our FA Cup journey, Another third round appearance would be ideal, but my aim is to reach the Second Round minimum, hopefully without any real hiccups.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
qv5ZIap.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A home match kicked off what is a very strong month in the end with Aldershot visiting us. They are struggling to get going this year and we made things a little worse for them in a seven goal thriller. We came off the better side in the end with a four three victory, Heges netting a hatrick for us. A trip to Crawley saw our only defeat of the month. Back at home and back to back four three wins there as we beat off Newport Co by that scoreline, Cherry netting a penalty in injury time. We then had back to back games against Wingate & Finchley as we struggled to get past our lesser non league opponents drawing one all at home and beating them three two away from home to get into the FA Cup First Round. Two more away games to finish off October, first drawing two a piece with Bristol Rover where Ashby nette twice, he was again on the scoresheet against Nuneaton who we sawoff three goals to two, Cathline netting ten minutes from time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Oe4lcxP.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Up to third in the table and chasing the two bigger sides in the league. We're a single point off both FC Unite and Wrexham at the top of the pile but slowly clawing our way back towards the top. This season would be ideal if we could get promoted and it may push the board to go professional. We're only three points inside the playoff spots at the moment, it could turn very quickly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - November 2023[/FONT]

Thats much better form.

Didnt realise there are a few big teams in your league atm so gonna be tough

Form is on the rise Tracz, just a long way to go yet though. There are some bigger sides down here which is seeing us struggle for promotion.
London City FC - November 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following our slow start to the season things are finally beginning to look rosey here at London City FC. The FA Cup is underway now as we have eased ourselves into the First Round whilst trying to get back to last seasons Third Round. With the FA Trophy due to start next month our calendar would get a lot busier, but we had to play it one month at a time. Five games throughout November, could our good form continue.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
zipC6zH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Five games, three wins, one draw and one defeat this month and the defeat was in the FA Cup annoyingly. We began strongly in the league, beating FC Halifax three nil, our first of three clean sheets in five matches. Our only defeat of the month saw us lose to Forest Green two nil in the FA Cup First Round. Back to league action we drew two a piece with York, coming back from two down as Cheema netted two in two minutes. Our second trip to Forest Green this month saw us reverse the scoreline and beat them two nil this time before beating Gateshead at home to end November.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
nwiECKy.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We're top of the league and now a point clear of Tranmere who have jumped up the table over the last month with a couple good results. Still only five points inside the playoffs as it remains very close over the top half of the table. Just ten points separate the top nine teams and with twenty six games to go this season, theres plenty of highs and lows to go yet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - December 2023[/FONT]

London City FC - December 2023[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another year is about to slip away into the past on this Football Manager journey as we play through December 2023. Following our somewhat poor and annoying defeat and exit in the FA Cup last month against fellow league side Forest Green it was time to begin our FA Trophy run for the year, I was hoping we could repeat the success of two years ago with a good draw or two. We also had to continue fighting hard in the league even though we have gone top of the pile.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
uHBkYo9.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A huge month for us saw us face eight games in twenty eight days, busy indeed but we remained strong throughout these as we went on to win five of them, draw one and lost just twice. One of those defeats came on the first game of December when we lost one nil to Morecambe. Back to home we beat AFC Telford three one before beating Stockport at home two nil. The FA Trophy gave us a favorable draw against South side Folkestone who we drew to in the first game but at home dispatched them three one. Another league defeat, this time to Tranmere who really are becoming our bogey side. Ending the calendar year with back to back home games and wins, first beating Southport one nil and then Dulwich Hamlet two one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
QXKVWBe.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This now sees us move four points clear at the top of the table as we move into 2024 which could be a successful year for us. We obviously still have a lot of football to play, twenty matches in fact, but if we keep up the current form and run we're in then I don't see why we can't go on and win the title and promotion, fourth time of asking. I'm hunting for a second FA Trophy as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - January 2024[/FONT]

Great month mate.
Fingers crossed you can keep it up.

Its beginning to build Tracz, we're on a good run as it stands.
London City FC - January 2024[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
BcQWXaA.png
PH0B6KN.png
EN3GxMH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Happy new Year! And I have a feeling this year is going to be a stronger year for us Our form was brilliant at the moment with us losing just three games in the last two months, one of those in the FA Cup too. We head into January top of the table and with twenty games to go still we had to try and keep our composure over the next couple of months.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Zr4N2yL.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A good New Years day for us saw us travel to Boston United and bring back all three points in a strong three one win. Bridge netted a penalty before Cheema netted shortly after, Hedges added our third late on. A second away trip on the bounce as we went to AFC Fylde and lost out, our only defeat this month one nil. Three home games in a row, firstly beating Dag & Red two nil, then welcoming Kidderminster twice in a week, first one in the FA Trophy second round with us coming away three one winners before beating them two nil a week later in the cup.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
LFPeWpI.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We've extended our lead at the top of the pile once again, we now move five points clear of the chasing pack and making a name for ourselves as real promotion contenders this year around. We're also eleven points inside the playoffs now so we should at least be in them for a third season running unless we mess it up real bad![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - February 2024[/FONT]