London Colney Youth Only Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Obscurity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 12K
watch out for Guernsey. I hear they can play abit ;).

Brilliant promotion, back to backs possible in your opinion?

2015/16 Pre-Season

uVUpsaS.png

l5mFTXF.png

DIJJtR1.png

J9sCLG6.png

I have a fear that the media have over estimated what we can do, although we did beat Kettering Town, Le Havre Reserves & Aston Villa Reserves which were all great results, all our players are still on amateur contracts and there was only one player stolen from us and that was (YP2a).

watch out for Guernsey. I hear they can play abit ;).

Brilliant promotion, back to backs possible in your opinion?

They can play a bit, they got back to back promotions to play in the Southern Premier League last season but they finished last and got relegated.

I wouldn't rule out back to back promotions for us, although it's not what I'd be expecting, but anything is possible this low down!

nWN5Ppl.png

Also, the tickets have really soared by 3!

August 2015

ZPNOuLq.png

Jvx8cWG.png

Well, life couldn't have started off a lot worse, as after 5 games we're in the relegation zone, hopefully this won't last but morale needs to get better, and fast.

September 2015

GbKA3JL.png

hbto5xk.png

​A much better month, although we still only just sit outside the relegation zone as all the teams around us have done just as well, we're also through to the Second Round of the Ismathian Ryman League Cup.

October 2015

7RKvBDI.png

KZ7oeUM.png

Another badly mixed month with all the teams around us pretty much in the same form which means we can't breakaway and improve our position.

Your only 7 points off the playoffs, thats possible to catch.

Did your chairman change your status of the club from amateur club to a semi-professional?, and did you lose any of your players on free transfers because of them being on amateur contacts?. Also how did manage to sign players on semi-professional contacts with low finances?. Or how did you manage to raise finances of your club?. I manage Runcorn Linnets in the North West Counties Premier Division. Got promoted to the next level, but lost most of good players on free transfers, because of them being on amateur contacts. The chairman did change status to semi-professional, but I couldn't afford to pay them semi-professional contacts due to financial reasons!. Also couldn't attract decent players to the club?, plus youth team squad got no decent players in there, I had one or two decent players, but also left me on free transfers because amateur contacts.

November 2015

kVLwVwA.png

v5kmJJc.png

Another very poor month, but at least we got the much needed win to get us out of the bottom 3, if we get a good run of form now then we could shoot up the table, but it's highly unlikely.

Did your chairman change your status of the club from amateur club to a semi-professional?, and did you lose any of your players on free transfers because of them being on amateur contacts?. Also how did manage to sign players on semi-professional contacts with low finances?. Or how did you manage to raise finances of your club?. I manage Runcorn Linnets in the North West Counties Premier Division. Got promoted to the next level, but lost most of good players on free transfers, because of them being on amateur contacts. The chairman did change status to semi-professional, but I couldn't afford to pay them semi-professional contacts due to financial reasons!. Also couldn't attract decent players to the club?, plus youth team squad got no decent players in there, I had one or two decent players, but also left me on free transfers because amateur contacts.

Yep, our chairman changed our status when the league re-set day happened and we changed league.

In the 4 seasons of playing we've lost 13 players from the team, 4 of those having the (YP) tags, these were (YP1b & 1d) in 2013/14, we lost YP1c in 2014/15 and we lost YP2a in the season changeover into 2015/16.

We have a £2,500 wage budget but I still have all my players on amateur contracts, if an offer comes in for any players then I'll give him a Semi-Pro contract.

We built up our finances because of the great FA Cup run last season unfortunately for some reason we then lost £350k due to scouting costs which has put us in a worse financial position than we were before and our finances are insecure.

Also, you're lucky having a stadium that holds 1,600. My stadium capacity is only 200!

December 2015

5rAhwEJ.png

n27Uvbz.png

ootVIta.png

Annoyed is not the word. I want to get this season over with quickly, I need good youth to come through but we can't afford any upgrades to due dire finances.

Keep it going! 2 more good youth intakes and you'll be flying

January 2016

iU0XhTH.png

6rxv3xQ.png

There are 11 games left to survive, it's something that I need but our players aren't good enough in general, if I'm right then I think I need 12 points from 11 games to stay up.

February 2016

m8JJ1U7.png

A65UbYb.png

Another bad month even with there being only 2 games, very disheartened by the Beaconsfield result as they're only in 15, at least I get the Youth Intake in March and hopefully I can get some good reinforcements.

Back