Malmo FF - A Swedish Adventure

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 500K
Doing nicely Patrick. That 4-2-3-1 could make you unbeatable domestically!

Yeah it's always been my favourite formation because I love AMC's, but right now I feel we need that extra defensive mid. Hopefully Crisetig's arrival will give us enough strength in midfield that I can afford to play an AMC, at least in easier games

Thanks very much, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

The plan is to stay at Malmo, and I'm unlikely to leave, although if I turn us into European champions and it gets too easy I might look into moving to rescue a club that I like, or bring another Swedish side into European contention
How about managing in Denmark? Hahah.. I take it that you're swedish.. Rival nations! But you could bring football glory to the scandinavian game!

How about managing in Denmark? Hahah.. I take it that you're swedish.. Rival nations! But you could bring football glory to the scandinavian game!

Hahaha are you from Denmark?

I'm not Swedish, I'm Australian actually, I just love Sweden, and Scandinavia in general too. I'd be open to playing in Denmark or Norway to improve them too, and if they have any good prospects I will definitely look into signing and developing them. I'm in this for Scandinavia! :D

Hahaha are you from Denmark?

I'm not Swedish, I'm Australian actually, I just love Sweden, and Scandinavia in general too. I'd be open to playing in Denmark or Norway to improve them too, and if they have any good prospects I will definitely look into signing and developing them. I'm in this for Scandinavia! :D
Ahh okay then, interesting! And yeah I'm from Denmark. Danish football has some young promising talent, that's why Ajax keep signing them hahah. Take a look at Pione Sisto in your Malmö save, see how he's developed. I know he's one of the more mainstream wonder kids, but still an interesting one!

He came to Denmark at 5 months old, and only just gained danish nationality, and got his debut for the danish national team that he's always dreamed of, and scored a hattrick in it!

Ahh okay then, interesting! And yeah I'm from Denmark. Danish football has some young promising talent, that's why Ajax keep signing them hahah. Take a look at Pione Sisto in your Malmö save, see how he's developed. I know he's one of the more mainstream wonder kids, but still an interesting one!

He came to Denmark at 5 months old, and only just gained danish nationality, and got his debut for the danish national team that he's always dreamed of, and scored a hattrick in it!

Yeah Ajax are always developing Scandinavian talent haha

I had Sisto and Erik Sviatchenko on my shortlist but they both got signed at some point, I think Sviatchenko went to Stoke, definitely an English team anyway. I can't remember who Sisto went to but I'm almost certain he did, I'll check for you. It was last season some time, and I didn't have the funds at the time for either of them, and I didn't need either desperately. That's awesome that he has started so well for Denmark!!

Yeah Ajax are always developing Scandinavian talent haha

I had Sisto and Erik Sviatchenko on my shortlist but they both got signed at some point, I think Sviatchenko went to Stoke, definitely an English team anyway. I can't remember who Sisto went to but I'm almost certain he did, I'll check for you. It was last season some time, and I didn't have the funds at the time for either of them, and I didn't need either desperately. That's awesome that he has started so well for Denmark!!
Yeah it is awesome. I want to start a save with a lower league Swedish team now.. And keep up the Malmö save, I will definitely be following! You should add me on steam if you wanna talk more FM hahah

Yeah it is awesome. I want to start a save with a lower league Swedish team now.. And keep up the Malmö save, I will definitely be following! You should add me on steam if you wanna talk more FM hahah

Go for it, I'll follow that for sure! And I'm definitely planning on continuing this :)

I checked and Sviatchenko is at Stoke, and Sisto is at Marseille

Swedish Premier Division - Game 5 - Kalmar FF (Home)

We play Kalmar FF again today, this time in the league. Hopefully we can pick up another 3 points today.

In the 6th minute, Possebon had an effort from outside the box saved. Thauvin was first to the rebound, but his shot was kept out freakishly by the ball taking a touch off the motionless keeper’s leg and striking the post.

Eriksson fired wide from outside the area in the 8th minute.

The Kalmar striker made a good run along the edge of the box in the 45th, but his shot was comfortably held.

Thauvin released a dangerous shot just 25 seconds into the second half, but it was pushed away by the diving keeper.

KBH and Petkovic came on for Eriksson and Forsberg in the 61st minute.

Neri replaced Ajer in the 68th, and we switched to 4-2-3-1.

In the 90th minute, Gustafson passed to KBH, who unleashed a missile from the edge of the box. The keeper was beaten, but the crossbar wasn’t, and Neri’s followup incredibly hit the bar as well, before Thauvin’s volley was deflected wide by a defender. It just wasn’t our day.

From the corner, KBH was taken down centimetres outside the area, but Bengtsson shot over from the free kick.

With 30 seconds to go, we had a corner, but it was cleared straight back to Bengtsson. He tried again, and this time found Helander at the near post, who glanced a header past the keeper to finally put us ahead!

We definitely were the better side, but once again our finishing was poor, and it was left to a centre back to get us on the board. Gustafson was creative again in midfield, and has established himself as my first choice ahead of Thern, who hasn’t rediscovered his form of last season since his two injuries. Helander was imperious at the back, and of course scored the winner. You’d think with 37 shots it wouldn’t take a 93rd minute corner to score a goal, but you’d be wrong. I told the team they didn’t meet expectations, and got a good response. We are now equal first, behind Djurgården on goal difference.

POM: Filip Helander (8.4, 1G, 0A)

625k bid accepted for a talented Belgian striker regen from Anderlecht...

Swedish Premier Division - Game 6 - Brommapojkarna (Home)

We face Brommapojkarna today, and hopefully can display an edge in front of goal which we have been missing so far.

KBH played a lovely flick on to Petkovic in the 7th minute, but his low effort was pushed wide by the keeper.

Forsberg should have scored in the 10th, when Thern found him 6 yards out, but his shot was blocked and cleared.

Linnes’ 14th minute corner was cleared straight back to him. He put in another cross to the back post, and Blomqvist headed back across goal, where Milosevic volleyed home his first Malmö goal!

A long ball over the top in the 32nd minute by Adu found KBH, whose shot was saved, and Petkovic’s attempt off the rebound took a touch from a defender and went wide.

The corner fell to KBH who lashed a shot from outside the area towards the roof of the net, but it was parried well by the keeper.

An outrageous studs up tackle on Thern in the 53rd minute saw an opposition player receive a straight red.

Neri replaced Forsberg in the 61st.

Ajer replaced the tired Thern in the 74th.

Just a minute later, he played a fantastic raking pass which found KBH in front of the box, but the Korean managed to skew his effort wide.

In the 78th, KBH played in Petkovic, who found Neri at the back post, but somehow the Italian could only find the keeper’s arms.

Gustafson came on for Adu in the 86th.

A bad day for my young striker got worse when he was forced off by injury in stoppage time.

Petkovic and KBH didn’t have their best games, but are still young and learning, so I can be patient with them. We were once again pretty toothless up front, which worries me, as once again it was a centre back who scored the only goal of our 30+ shots.

POM: Alexander Milosevic (8.2, 1G, 0A)

Transfer News...
We finalise the deal for the Belgian. He will link up at the end of the season, a couple of weeks before Jovic.

Amazing ! This guy is a really wonderkid ! His stats are incredible at his age...
And he was so cheap ! Wow !

Amazing ! This guy is a really wonderkid ! His stats are incredible at his age...

Your scouting team must be amazing! Every week a new superstar, well done. What a find!

Delahaye is amazing! What a kid!

Dang - that 15 year old looks amazing.

Wow, what a capture!

Dat wonderkid tho.

Thanks guys, he does look impressive doesn't he? I've been tracking him for over two months, before he signed a pre contract I tried, and he wasn't interested. Had bids accepted every week as the price slowly rose from about 400k to the final 625k, and he at last agreed to listen to an offer. Persistance pays off! :P

I need to find some regens that play something other than striker though...

Back